• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013
    Haha. One of my favourite SP episodes. beer

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
    markrayen wrote
    Bicycle accident on thursday evening. Remember absolutely nothing... Apparantly I called my mother several times, forgetting each time I had already called... Well, been hospitalised since then and thankfully will have my health back in time. Suffered a head concuscion (therefore loss of memory), and messed up my teeth, and broke my jaw. Surreal experience... My girlfriend's mother insisted on getting me a helmet for my birthday, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm soooo Lucky! Everyone here with good health: be thankful! Looking forward to getting back to Music again :-)

Yesterday, I recieved a letter where I learned that my application for financial support to cover dental expenses following my accident has been rejected.

In Norway, any injuries caused by an accident will be covered by the state. Except if the injuries concern your teeth. And unfortunately, I didn't have health insurance.

It feels brutally unfair, and so I immediately filed a complaint, stating what I thought was obvious... I don't have high hopes for the outcome. But my ambition is to at least knock it into their heads that the consequences of their decision sabotages my life plans. I'll be working hard to generate my low income, without the possibility to invest in anything else than a stupid dentist expense caused by a bicycle accident I don't ever remember being in. There is a paragraph that supports my arguments for support, but I have no rights should the complaint result in yet another rejection.

But, this annoying business put aside, things are fine. Job interview set for Tuesday, hoping for success there smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013 edited
    That sucks! Coverage (or rather absence of coverage) for dental care in Norway is atrocious.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2013
    I feel for you Mark, that's rotten. Good luck on Tuesday, hope it all works out. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2013
    It's bad, but I'm positive! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I don't know what's annoying me. I have this feeling of non-satisfaction with everything. With my job, with the bf, with myself. I guess I still need to get used to the changes in my life. I'm in a bad mood with everyone and I feel bad for not being grateful for all the good in my life. Anyway! I know how to get up when I fall.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Sorry to hear that, Stavi. Seems like you're in one of those periods in one's life where things tend to pile on top of each other. I know what that's like. Here's for things picking up! (btw, you should get to one of the Maintitles get-togethers at some point...those always spike up the mood!).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2013
    Wow. Never experienced that before -- went to bed about 01:00 and got up without a single second of sleep at 08:00. 7 hours of just lying still with my eyes closed. If I'd known that when I went to bed yesterday, I probably would have used the night for something more constructive.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthormarkrayen
    Ouch, Thor! That can happen sometimes to me, except I usually have a reasonable understanding of WHY I'm unable to sleep. I get too excited about something and that's it, I'm up all night. And with some experience over the years I am able to identify those nights early on, and spend that precious time on something more constructive wink

Just to follow up my previous post, I was offered TWO jobs today. I got the one I interviewed for, and accepted a job on a documentary feature. Not bad!

Stavroula wrote
    I don't know what's annoying me. I have this feeling of non-satisfaction with everything. With my job, with the bf, with myself. I guess I still need to get used to the changes in my life. I'm in a bad mood with everyone and I feel bad for not being grateful for all the good in my life. Anyway! I know how to get up when I fall.

I think there are many who can relate to those feelings. Hope it betters soon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    markrayen wrote
    Just to follow up my previous post, I was offered TWO jobs today. I got the one I interviewed for, and accepted a job on a documentary feature. Not bad!!

Hooray!! Looking forward to hear more about that project as it comes along.

Now I'm off to bed -- hopefully with better results this time.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013
    Well done Mark, something to smile about beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I suffer from an inflammation in my left sinus maxillaris and it hurts like hell. I went to see the doctor today which I should have done much earlier this week. I'm taking penicillin now and ibuprofen. I sure hope this will get better till Christmas. slant

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2013
    "ouch!" sounds bloody painful. Get well soon Captain beer
  2. Turns out it's not the sinus maxillaris after all but an inflamed tooth root. That root has recieved treatmend before which is the reason the tooth intself does not hurt. The dentist has now applied a drenage. Once the inflamation has healed the problem must be solved surgically. sad
  3. That sounds nasty. Good luck and get well soon dude!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013 edited
    My cat Gomez. cat

I haven't seen him for days ( except when he wants feeding and watering ) since we opened our presents. You see there's a huge paper bag and the bag is stuffed with ripped-up wrapping paper and he reckons it's the BEST. PRESENT. EVER!!!! The bag occasionally moves while he preens himself.

I'll give him a couple more days before I bin the bag, I'm kind like that. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    biggrin

He's HAPPY!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2013
    It's his nest.

Somehow he gets in and out without being seen yet the entrance to the bag is still screened by wrapping paper so he can't be seen.

I touched the bag earlier and the bag started purring cat
  4. Cats usually make themselves a nest when they're about to give birth.
    Is he about to give birth?

shocked

<s>
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014
    Cats always make nests. Always, everywhere, in everything, on everything. It's their meaning of life :P

Tim, that's cute.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2014
    cat

He's still there, in his 'nest', right now! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2014 edited
    Electronics!

I bought a cheapo Bluray player today, as well as a new electric shaver (finally tossing the one I've had since 1992 or thereabouts!). That should be good news, but alas. When I got home, I discovered that I had been charged full price instead of sale price for the shaver, so I had to go BACK to the store (3 km away) to get some money back.

Then when I got home the second time, I discovered that the cheapo Bluray didn't come with a HDMI cable, so I can't connect it to the TV. Plus the socket cord is WAY too short.

Grumble, grumble....
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Migraine. Not too bad today, but still definitely a migraine (light, sound and movement make it worse). Taken a few painkillers, which helped. And now I'm being a total idiot.., listening to Audiomachine. biggrin

Sometimes, I'm my own worst enemy hahaha.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2014
    If Audiomachine doesn't help, try to play Cutthroat Island or The Rock.

9 out of 10 doctors agree.

Peter moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Why must it be so difficult to inflate bicycle tyres?! I've always had problems with this. Presta valves are my nemesis. It's impossible to place the pump on the valve without air rushing out! I've never been able to do this. I just tried with a floor pump and when I finally managed to tighten the end of the pump to the valve, the air rushed out much faster than I'd ever be able to pump it in. Of course the highlight came when the pump broke in two, even though this is the first time I've tried it. Have to return it, but I doubt I can find the receipt.

I have an adaptor that can convert the presta valve into the much more user friendly dunlop valve, but my damn floor pump couldn't even do this one. And the last couple of hand pumps I had stopped working after a couple of months.

When I'm in England we have two bikes, and a brand new, fancy and overly complicated pump that's supposed to be able to pump up presta, dunlop and schrader, but I always have great troubles with this as well. Two different bikes with different valves and it's a nightmare simply trying to pump up one of them.

The worst part of all of this is that I never hear anyone else complaining about it, which indicates that I'm the only person in the world who can't inflate a bicycle tyre.

Peter crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Here's another thing that annoys me:

Why doesn't there seem to be any virtual reality-like gear that sees in 2d? By this, I mean a pair of opaque glasses that you can plug into your computer (preferentially wireless) and it works pretty much like you're looking at your computer screen in the dark. Small headphones coupled to these "glasses" would be great as well. I can't imagine it would be super expensive, as it's nothing like the fancy Google glasses, with all their cutting edge technology, or like actual virtual reality gear that's shows 3d and detects and integrates your movement into the virtual world.

Instead of being trapped in the same sitting position for hours every time you use your computer, you'd be able to sit, stand or lie down wherever and however you want while using your computer, depending on what you do on it of course (a wireless mouse will come in handy). Heck, you could sit in your usual computer spot, but you'd be free to move your head around and sit in any position you want. With attached headphones you'd be able to watch a movie while lying down or doing exercises.

Surely there must be a huge market for this. I can't be the only person in the world who has wet dreams about this kind of technology.

Peter slant

PS. If anyone tells me that this technology already exists and gives me a link to Amazon where I can buy it at a sane price, you'll make my day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2014 edited
    I think 'wearable' technology isn't as fashionable as it was in the 90s and, possibly, 80s. Google glasses, the Samsung smart watch and home 3D TV glasses are trying to change that of course, but you only need to look at the Apple website to see what's really in fashion at the moment! Perhaps as soon as Apple decide to release something wearable, it will kick off a trend in wearable technology?

It's a shame that Apple have a sort of monopoly on 'what's hot and what's not', because what annoys me is that there isn't really a rival company that produces such great designs. I love Apple, but I don't love that Apple are really the only company that makes desirable computer products.
  6. I have rebooted my ipod classic. I found a good tool to synchronize it with without itunes which I won't let anyway near my computer.
    Anyway I use MS media player and incontrast to others I like it. There is one think though: If you rip a CD and MP finds the correct cover it will store it in a system file in the album folder, not in the tags. Which means that you won't see any cover art if you take the mp3 to any other place.
    So here I sit, adding cover art to hundrets of mp3 albums.

Volker
  7. Sinuses. What are they good for? confused
  8. I just had a badly inflamed tooth root. So tell me about it. wink

Get well soon!

Volker