• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009
    ENNIO MORRICONE - Baarìa

One word can only describe it: gorgeous.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Atham wrote
    NP: Order Of War - Jeremy Soule

I think James Southall's review pretty well nailed it.
    This really is "first-rate music which makes for a hugely-enjoyable album".
    Sure the orchestra is synthetic as with all of Soule's music. But it's so well produced!
    I've come to appreciate synthetic orchestras by the likes of Soule now.
    Very rewarding to listen to!

I know, I know. You can't beat a real orchestra. But once you adapt it's really quite a satisfying medium.

If anything, his synthetic orchestra is a stylistic choice. Whenever I hear something and I hear that distinct style I can instantly tell it's by Soule. It's something you have to get used to, but when you do the music underneath can be actually quite good.

Order of War, I'm going to go hunt for it now. Thanks for recommending it. Soule is a good one, at least when he's not on autopilot.

Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote
    Sure the orchestra is synthetic as with all of Soule's music. But it's so well produced!

Not ALL of Soule's music is synthetic. His Harry Potter scores are performed by a full symphony orchestra.

-Erik-

So is Total Annihilation, another pretty good Soule.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    ENNIO MORRICONE - Baarìa

One word can only describe it: gorgeous.

Good for you; I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive. I think this was the most anticipated CD for me this year, hopefully I don't have to wait for too long...

NP: El Cid - Miklós Rózsa

Fantastic! punk
  2. The Mighty (Trevor Jones)

A subdued, yet beautiful effort. Trevor Jones is the man of great themes and this one is no different. The main theme heard in the song (co-composed by Sting) is one of his best creations, and this score features quite a few highlights, not in the least the lengthy tracks 'The Mighty Quest' and especially 'My Noble Knight', which is pure emotional bliss. This track alone is enough to make my eyes wet. It's even more powerful in the film, and I can still remember the gripping scene it accompanies. The Mighty might be one of Mr. Jones' most accomplished works he has ever done.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Erik Woods wrote
    Atham wrote

Not ALL of Soule's music is synthetic. His Harry Potter scores are performed by a full symphony orchestra.

-Erik-

OK. I didn't know that. Is it ant good?
    I have most of his scores now. But not that one. Or War Hammer: Mark Of Chaos.
    I really appreciate his music though. So rich in texture and orchestration.
    Order Of War is very good. Right up there with Supreme Commander.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Unrealeased And Remixed from Soundtrack Treasures (hans Zimmer)

A 50 minutes of suites, so it's a score on his own.

Some of the most beautiful and exiting music from Zimmer is here. The themes are big and memorables, the orchestration symphonic and huge and the action music loud and exiting.

"lord pirate of Singapore" it's one of Zimmer's most complex composition. I don't have enough ears to listen each instrument.

I could pay to read a review of this album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    exCiting!

exCiting!!

exCiting!!!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    exCiting!

exCiting!!

exCiting!!!

yeap! it's 3 times eXiting!!!! I'm glad you like so much as i do. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck. Just.... fuck. face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Unrealeased And Remixed from Soundtrack Treasures (hans Zimmer)

A 50 minutes of suites, so it's a score on his own.

Some of the most beautiful and exiting music from Zimmer is here. The themes are big and memorables, the orchestration symphonic and huge and the action music loud and exiting.

"lord pirate of Singapore" it's one of Zimmer's most complex composition. I don't have enough ears to listen each instrument.

I could pay to read a review of this album.

Soundtrack Treasures.... of what movie? wink

NP: Bolt Transforms from BOLT - John Powell

I think I've been playing this track almost everyday since the day I saw the movie dizzy
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: Angels & Demons - Hans Zimmer

160 BPM has lately become one of my most played Zimmer tracks, incredibly addictive. Science And Religion is another highlight. Despite the lovely violin rendition of Langdon's theme in the final track, I still prefer the Chevaliers cue from DVC for its better buildup. Nevertheless, this score is one of my favourites from this year so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Back To The Future - Alan Silvestri

Fantastic main theme, both when it's loud and quiet (I love the first part of "Overture" track).
  3. Miya wrote
    NP: Back To The Future - Alan Silvestri

Fantastic main theme, both when it's loud and quiet (I love the first part of "Overture" track).

Don't we all ! punk

This better be released before hell freezes over or Silvestri bites the dust.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Yeah it's too short sad

Continue listening with...

NP: Back To The Future Part II

Need to buy the Part 3!

Edit: I noticed this performance is a bit "fuzzy" (I'm not sure how to describe it properly) compared to Part 1... the first one sounds much more energetic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DemonStar wrote
    NP: Angels & Demons - Hans Zimmer

160 BPM has lately become one of my most played Zimmer tracks, incredibly addictive. Science And Religion is another highlight. Despite the lovely violin rendition of Langdon's theme in the final track, I still prefer the Chevaliers cue from DVC for its better buildup. Nevertheless, this score is one of my favourites from this year so far.

Love it, love it, love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    beer punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Jeepers Creepers 2 - Bennett Salvay

Phenomenal! One of my favorite scores to play this time of the year. This sequel score is more horror/action than horror/suspense which is what made the first score so good but I love Salvay's action material in this second outing and Shawn Murphy's recording is stellar! The highlight for me is "The Big Battle" - a brilliant knock-you-on-your-ass action cue. I highly recommend this score for fans of the genre and those that love a 45 minute thrill ride written by an incredibly talented and yet sadly underused composer.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

Phenomenal! One of my favorite scores to play this time of the year. This sequel score is more horror/action than horror/suspense which is what made the first score so good but I love Salvay's action material in this second outing and Shawn Murphy's recording is stellar! The highlight for me is "The Big Battle" - a brilliant knock-you-on-your-ass action cue. I highly recommend this score for fans of the genre and those that love a 45 minute thrill ride written by an incredibly talented and yet sadly underused composer.

-Erik-

Couldn't agree more! Where IS this man btw? I'd happily accept more scores by him other than the Tylers of this world these days!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    El Cid Miklos Rozsa

Holy good god in heaven. This is what film music is all about! shocked
  4. Thanks to somebody...

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" (rejected)
    Georges Delerue

Damn near excellent sound, complete rejected score.

Gettign one's hands on this excellent Delerue score is not hard, finding one with this remarkable sound qaulity, much, much harder.

As soon as I can get it converted, it's going onto CD-R, where it will get a lot of play for October.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. NP: Return to Neverland -- Joel McNeely

Some tracks are standard animation, but some are goddamn lovely shocked
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Actually the only possible reason to watch the film is the score. I remember a great action track by the end of the movie that has to be the one you mention.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Actually the only possible reason to watch the film is the score. I remember a great action track by the end of the movie that has to be the one you mention.

Both scores of both movies are good, fresh and powerful blasts that surely show us the better horror music
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Indeed. Was greatly surprised with these when i first heard it but it's been so long ago and i can't locate my copies.
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    ^ Indeed. Was greatly surprised with these when i first heard it but it's been so long ago and i can't locate my copies.

Ps, 2 great movies as well, even the second one punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Slasher?
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Slasher?

uh?
    you mean?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Slashing, killing, chopping heads up and stuff like that?
  9. Christodoulides wrote
    Slashing, killing, chopping heads up and stuff like that?

you've never seen the films?
    well, the first is for me the best example of how a horror movie must develop. First you know nothing, a bit of character development, and then boom, one development in the bad guy after another, and every time you see something else. Until it finally reveals the true enemy's face.

The second builds on that, with still one of the best trailer openings of all time, that Scarecrow moving with that amazing music still gives me goosebums each and every time

If you're into horror movies, both are recommended
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't, i am usually not into this kind of "i know what you did last summer" like movies wink