• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009
    Southall wrote
    House of Cards - J.R. Horner

I really like this. Excellent. I was trying to work out what the opening track reminded me of (ie what other Horner score it appears in). I think it's Beyond Borders.

punk

Steven wrote
    Jeepers Creepers 2 Bennett Salvay

A surprisingly good score! Very much for fans of modern action scoring, with a hint of adventure. Really enjoy this one.

punk punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Jeepers Creepers 2 Bennett Salvay

A surprisingly good score! Very much for fans of modern action scoring, with a hint of adventure. Really enjoy this one.

punk punk

Indeed, the brass sounds really punchy. A a fantastic recording too! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Secret Weapons Over Normandy - Michael Giacchino

A brilliant Giacchino score, one of my favorites. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    The 5-Man Army - Ennio Morricone

What a theme! The best way to start your Sunday morning.

Better than cool, smooth jazz?

Tough one!? spin wink

p.s. I've only just got out of bed dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Southall wrote

I really like this. Excellent. I was trying to work out what the opening track reminded me of (ie what other Horner score it appears in). I think it's Beyond Borders.

Yes, i was really surprised about how good it is. It seems like " a connect the dots" kind of score. The beginning of the Roof and the House of Cards cue have the same feel as the forest scenes from The Spitfire Grill. Very good indeed.

NP Lucky Luke Bruno Coulais

We are back in the sixties with the opening cue and it is quite unusual to hear something like this coming from Coulais’ pen. It is a bold brassy theme and even catchy to boot! Something Bernstein or even Poledouris could do so well. You can feel the desert sun and the horses galoping! Very good cue. The second one is more in Coulais’ usual style and minor mode. In the 3rd cue, he brings all the bells and whistles with the brass section and the orchestra resurfaces only to lead into something that Coulais often does : experiment. It turns electronic with a chinese–like violin hovering in the back. Then switches back to the trumpets mimicking the motif played by the string section. Very effective. This was an interesting choice to bring Coulais on a western like this. A bit like when Mychael Danna got Ride with the Devil a few years ago. We knew it wouldn’t be your typical western score. That’s what we call mixing clichés outside the box. Western Hats off.

Listen to it at here in its entirety by writing Bruno Coulais in the search engine:

http://www.musicme.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard

Really dark music. Still not my favorite, but it does have some nice moments.
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    William wrote
    NP: The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard

Really dark music. Still not my favorite, but it does have some nice moments.

Yes there are good moments and dare I say... brilliant. The opening cue with "the note", the editing and the whole feel of that opening scene is absolutely spot on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tintin wrote
    Southall wrote

Yes, i was really surprised about how good it is. It seems like " a connect the dots" kind of score. The beginning of the Roof and the House of Cards cue have the same feel as the forest scenes from The Spitfire Grill. Very good indeed.

NP Lucky Luke Bruno Coulais

We are back in the sixties with the opening cue and it is quite unusual to hear something like this coming from Coulais’ pen. It is a bold brassy theme and even catchy to boot! Something Bernstein or even Poledouris could do so well. You can feel the desert sun and the horses galoping! Very good cue. The second one is more in Coulais’ usual style and minor mode. In the 3rd cue, he brings all the bells and whistles with the brass section and the orchestra resurfaces only to lead into something that Coulais often does : experiment. It turns electronic with a chinese–like violin hovering in the back. Then switches back to the trumpets mimicking the motif played by the string section. Very effective. This was an interesting choice to bring Coulais on a western like this. A bit like when Mychael Danna got Ride with the Devil a few years ago. We knew it wouldn’t be your typical western score. That’s what we call mixing clichés outside the box. Western Hats off.

Listen to it at here in its entirety by writing Bruno Coulais in the search engine:

http://www.musicme.com/

Really excellent symphonic score, i agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Coulais is having as interesting and diverse a year as Giacchino!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    NP: Star Trek - Michael Giacchino

Great score. I can't wait for the movie's release on DVD. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Good idea William, I couldn't make my mind up so...

NP : STAR TREK - Michael Giacchino

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Merlin (Trevor Jones)

Been so long since I've put this on. I forgot how beautiful this is in places. Starts wonderfully and ends brilliantly, with some filler music in the middle, not that I mind though. This is the Jones I love.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CONAN THE DESTROYER - Basil Poledouris

Basillllllll love
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    More fantasy excellence...

NP : RED SONJA - Ennio Morricone

punk cool
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    William wrote
    NP: Star Trek - Michael Giacchino

Great score. I can't wait for the movie's release on DVD. smile

punk
  2. NP: L'Armee du Crime (Desplat)

Of the two more serious French scores he's done this year, I prefer Un Prophete, as there's a bit more meat on its bones. What this one has is a very catchy ostinato-based-theme called 'Resistance', and it serves as the basis for most of the score.
    The lean chamber orchestra sound, with some unexpected soloists (cymbalom, etc), is nice. And I think people who liked the thriller sound of Syriana will probably have a good time with this one.
    On length alone, it's not a significant score, but some of this composer's best works (De Battre Mon Couer s'est Arrete & Un Corps Impatient) have been very short works too.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    BobdH wrote
    JP: TETRO - Osvaldo Golijov

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?!

Heheh i knew Michael would react like this! Bob, is it Terence Blanchard's Requiem for Katrina-like jazz?

Not sure, long time ago that I heard it, but this is probably something else. It has the same kind of melancholy, but there are notable differences. Just hear it wink
  3. justin boggan wrote
    "Salem's Lot"
    Harry Suckman
    , R.I.P.

A personal favorite score of mine. Made a suite and put it up just now, for those interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLLHxJrqn5A

Thanks for doing this, Justin.

I'd never heard any of this outside of the mini-series - and it's been years since I have seen this show - and it's certainly brought back some memories. It would be good to hear this on CD.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Very much welcome. Anytime I can covert someone to the score and bring it more attention just incase we get a release one day, is worth my time.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  5. NP: Mao's Last Dancer (Gordon)

Definitely one of the year's best new scores.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Mao's Last Dancer (Gordon)

Definitely one of the year's best new scores.

Indeed!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Pinto's Behind the Sun.

After hearing it at the WSA I hunted down the Academy promo. This is really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fommes wrote
    Pinto's Behind the Sun.

After hearing it at the WSA I hunted down the Academy promo. This is really good.

How is it like? It's a new score? I really liked Pinto's work so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    Ah, no, it's an older score - actually it's the only Pinto score I own (besides Collateral if that counts). It has a couple of 'meandering' cues (I don't mean that derogatory), but its highlight is undoubtedly the sweeping and moving theme. I like it better than his Collateral requiem even.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009 edited
    Murphy's law!!! I have to do 2 practics for my career and I have to work 14 hours each day of this week because my co-worker is seek. Dammed!

I need an epic and massive score!!!

NP:Empire Strikes Back wall to wall with Lair

punk punk punk punk punk punk

battle of Hoth and Diviner's battle does the job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nautilus wrote
    Murphy's law!!! I have to do 2 practics for my career and I have to work 14 hours each day of this week because my co-worker is seek. Dammed!

But will he find?
    And if so, will his waters once again run free and uninhibited?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  6. And what is he seek? English dictionary?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Are you sure he's not Hindu?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ^ applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Come on guys! I'm with 2 red bulls in my blood!
    Give me a break!