• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012
    Southall wrote
    Battle Los Angeles

I struggled through an hour of this before finally giving up. Most boring film I've ever seen (an hour of). Totally inept.

CGI bukkake hehehe would have loved it if i had an IQ of minus 5 wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    Not seen it and not really interested. maybe one night in the future when there's nothing on.....or maybe not?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012
    Wow, saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes! Good movie.
  1. Thor wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Edelman's? Spiderman?!

I believe he was talking about two scores -- SPIDERMAN and THE MASK.

Edelman has a nice superhero ring to it, though...who would win of Spiderman and Edelman?

I was indeed referring to The Mask
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012 edited
    WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN ( 2011 )

Tilda Swinton spends two hours talking about Kevin Bacon and his several degrees.

Disturbing but recommended.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I'm very interested in that one.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012
    Haha. It's a disturbing movie indeed, but a strong one. [spoiler]At first you think the kid is doing the bad stuff, but it turns out the mother just was afraid and didn't spent time enough (not that the final event is her fault).[/spoiler]
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I thought it was crap. I've rated it 4 outta 10 on imdb.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I rate it 8/10
  3. I wonder how much Bregt rates the 2 movies he's seen this weekend tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ALIEN ( 1979 )

A middle class bloke called ALLEN get's the hump because people keep mispelling his name, he complains to the authoraties who don't take kindly to his greivances and send an illegal immigrant to kill him.

10/10
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    biggrin

He salivates a lot in the process too.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    biggrin

He salivates a lot in the process too.

Fuck yeah, not a good dinner guest at all.

It's possible that I've seen this film more times than any other film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I wonder how much Bregt rates the 2 movies he's seen this weekend tongue

Oh yes, I forgot to post!

Went to see two movies at Thomas and Gilles, who have an excellent sound system at their parent's home. ZOmbieland was quite a bit of fun, over-the-top and with a cool story to be entertaining enough. The other film we saw was an old film called Close Encounters of the Third Kind. This third kind is contact. I don't know if some of you have seen this film, but I thought it was very good, although a bit odd as there doesn't happen a lot, if you know what I mean. The highlight was [spoiler]the actual third kind, the communication between the ship and the panel with coloured patches, and the music[/spoiler]. Hilarious! biggrin

The music was a bit disappointing, except for the end credits which is one of my favourite WIlliams pieces. There was fewer music then expected.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012
    I never liked Close Encounters Of The Third Kind much, its obvious good intentions notwithstanding.
    Mainly because I find Dreyfuss' character an annoying bore.

The Five Tones are part of pop culture history though. love
    It's actually my ring tone for work.

Oh, I even heard of a guy -get this!- who wanted to have them tatooed! shocked
    No idea though if there is any truth to this outrageous rumor.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Soon. Soon. £130 is not something I can easily afford at the moment (or warrant spending). :/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I never liked Close Encounters Of The Third Kind much, its obvious good intentions notwithstanding.
    Mainly because I find Dreyfuss' character an annoying bore.

The Five Tones are part of pop culture history though. love
    It's actually my ring tone for work.

Oh, I even heard of a guy -get this!- who wanted to have them tatooed! shocked
    No idea though if there is any truth to this outrageous rumor.

Where? He's run out of space spin

And Martijn, I thought I was alone in not liking CE3K and finding Dreyfuss as irritating as a cloud of gnats ( a performance that was probably fuelled by an exessive cocaine habit ).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Soon. Soon. £130 is not something I can easily afford at the moment (or warrant spending). :/

I have pins and ink, I'll do it for a tenner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

I have pins and ink, I'll do it for a tenner.

biggrin

Done!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll throw in an anchor with a banner saying 'Mom' and LOVE and HATE for your left and right knuckles, all for FREE! I'm generous like that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012 edited
    The latest...

THE AVENGERS trailer.

gimme! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012
    Mrs Van Dyne, you're needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That looks so silly! biggrin

Fun, sure. But silly!
  4. Bregt wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I wonder how much Bregt rates the 2 movies he's seen this weekend tongue

Oh yes, I forgot to post!

Went to see two movies at Thomas and Gilles, who have an excellent sound system at their parent's home. ZOmbieland was quite a bit of fun, over-the-top and with a cool story to be entertaining enough. The other film we saw was an old film called Close Encounters of the Third Kind. This third kind is contact. I don't know if some of you have seen this film, but I thought it was very good, although a bit odd as there doesn't happen a lot, if you know what I mean. The highlight was [spoiler]the actual third kind, the communication between the ship and the panel with coloured patches, and the music[/spoiler]. Hilarious! biggrin

The music was a bit disappointing, except for the end credits which is one of my favourite WIlliams pieces. There was fewer music then expected.

I'm glad you liked the 2 films, I wholeheartdly agree on your assesments of both films, except of the music. Close Encounters is a great score, especially on disc. Gives me chills every time I hear it

And yes, our soundsystem is top notch punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Mrs Van Dyne, you're needed.

The Black widow :shrug:
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked
    The Wasp, T.!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    shocked
    The Wasp, T.!

No, no, I know that*, I was just saying that Black Widow is meh.

Did you ever read Ultimate Avengers? Her relationship with Hank was grisly and nasty.

*i see how i didn't make myself clear though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    dizzy Aaaah, I see now. smile

Yes, I was a big fan of the Ultimate Line, until Loeb, who did such an excellent job on Batman, amazingly completely f*cked it up. I don't mind reboots (although they're always kinda messy in comicsland), but they shouldn't be *stupid*.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012
    smile I think I'll watch celebrity Pointless on BBC 1 at 6.00 tonight because BRIAN BLESSED is on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2012
    Brian Blessed?!? punk
    Excellent!