• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2012
    Boring it's not. But crappy it is. The whole film comes off as the "America! Fuck Yeah!" music segment in TEAM AMERICA.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Battle Los Angeles

I struggled through an hour of this before finally giving up. Most boring film I've ever seen (an hour of). Totally inept.

Yup! Boring as all hell

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951)

It had been awhile since I've watched this very suspense driven film with score coming from Tiomkin which has never been given a complete reissue. The best you can do is the 1985 release from the Utah Symphony/Ketchum which are long suites which also include Suspicion, Notorious, and Family Plot. Rated as an IMDB top 250 film.
    listen to more classical music!
  1. Southall wrote
    Battle Los Angeles

I struggled through an hour of this before finally giving up. Most boring film I've ever seen (an hour of). Totally inept.

I liked it. Surprised me actually that I liked it a lot!

And boring is Your Highness which is just stupid foul teenage humor (penis, vagina, jerking off humor) that put me to sleep. The only reason I watched it was to see Natalie Portman's lovely body at the lake, the moment I passed that I switched it off wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Southall wrote
    Battle Los Angeles

I liked it. Surprised me actually that I actually liked it a lot!

Same here. Awesome action set pieces.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Most importantly, it has Michelle Rodriguez in what is her most important role to date: A tough, masculine, strong independent woman with attitude. Yeah! You go girl!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    love
    I want her to hurt me.
    love
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012 edited
    Martijn wrote
    love
    I want her to hurt me.
    love

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thumbs down!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thumbs down!

-Erik-

...is this better Erik? biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Aaaaaaaaaah! :drool:

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

I approve of this post.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    RV: Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (3D)

So great to finally see this film in theaters, and in 3D!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I approve of this post.

Is this 30+ material? I can't access it...
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thumbs down!

-Erik-

It's "forbidden". :D Can't access it.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik and Martijn can. I don't get it? confused
  2. I cannot access it either. It is so frustrating! crazy
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thumbs down!

-Erik-

confused

Oddly enough I now can't access this link I posted earlier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I had to quote Timmer's post, copy the URL and then paste it into my browser!

dizzy

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Now I see!

Well, it seems that viewing her picture could be as difficult as taking off her pants!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2012
    We watched Spiderman 1 and 2 with the kids. They liked it. spider

Yesterday afternoon they saw The Mask. I said before it might be fun to watch, but Julian kept saying "It's an old movie!" I said "So what?" Of course they liked that one too. I tried to explain how new the special effects were back then, but I'm not sure they really understood... There's a short making of on the DVD where they show the team working on the special effects and tell they worked four weeks on one shot where the eye balls come out of the face.
    wink

PS. I had forgotten Cameron Diaz ever looked like that!! A very young Jim Carrey too of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    THE MASK an old film? Damn, I'm dating myself here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Interesting frames of reference.
    I guess 'old' really has very little to do with the actual absolute amount of years, but with the temporal relation to one's birth date on the one hand (anything before you were born is 'old') and that to one's childhood (where subjective time is experienced to pass MUCH slower than in later years) on the other hand (a film seen at age 7 is ancient history. A film seen at 15 is roughly yesterday).

This very topic has been on my mind quite a bit, lately.

Because, y'know, i'm, like, old. wink
  3. Bregje wrote
    We watched Spiderman 1 and 2 with the kids. They liked it. spider

Yesterday afternoon they saw The Mask. I said before it might be fun to watch, but Julian kept saying "It's an old movie!" I said "So what?" Of course they liked that one too. I tried to explain how new the special effects were back then, but I'm not sure they really understood... There's a short making of on the DVD where they show the team working on the special effects and tell they worked four weeks on one shot where the eye balls come out of the face.
    wink

PS. I had forgotten Cameron Diaz ever looked like that!! A very young Jim Carrey too of course.

all 3 are enjoyable films. Spiderman 2 is my favourite of all the Spidy films, but I do enjoy the Mask too. The special effects are great, and if it's true that 4 weeks were nessecary for one shot, then damn smile

I'm not fond of Edelman's score on CD, but in the film it works marvelously. I adore those opening tunes over the New Line Cinema logo punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. Edelman's? Spiderman?!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Edelman's? Spiderman?!

I believe he was talking about two scores -- SPIDERMAN and THE MASK.

Edelman has a nice superhero ring to it, though...who would win of Spiderman and Edelman?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Edelman, easily. While Spidey was doing useless things like casting webs, Edelman could taunt him into submission with naff synth pads.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2012
    Southall wrote
    Edelman, easily. While Spidey was doing useless things like casting webs, Edelman could taunt him into submission with naff synth pads.

The fight would never happen, Spidey's Spidey sense would warn him off. Superman with his super hearing would be fucked though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    Interesting frames of reference.
    I guess 'old' really has very little to do with the actual absolute amount of years, but with the temporal relation to one's birth date on the one hand (anything before you were born is 'old') and that to one's childhood (where subjective time is experienced to pass MUCH slower than in later years) on the other hand (a film seen at age 7 is ancient history. A film seen at 15 is roughly yesterday).

This very topic has been on my mind quite a bit, lately.

Because, y'know, i'm, like, old. wink

You know what trailer surprised me too? (We were watching trailers of 'old' movies to decide which one we were going to see) : ID4

I know how old the movie is, but when I saw the actors, their faces and hair, I thought "Wow, it really IS 16 years old!"

This is a movie that feels like yesterday to me. The Mask did feel older to me, but it's 18 years, so not that much different.
    dizzy

You can see we are showing the kids movies from 'our old days' hahahaha. The Rock will be on soon. Julian wants to see The Matrix, but I'm not sure that's 12+ or 16+. It's complicated for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    [/b]
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Spiderman 2 is my favourite of all the Spidy films

I prefer 2 over 1 as well. Now they want to see 3, but I'm not sure I've seen it? I think I did, but I don't remember anything... We'll see it tonight.

We also watched The Storyteller cheesy
    You know, it was so weird, after the DVD had finished the kids turned on Nickelodeon and the change of energy, mood, and story telling was depressing...

We'll go see the other Storytellers too. They have to!! (They liked it, don't worry. I won't tie them to their seats)