• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Ave Maria?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    Apocalypto- James Horner

It's a score to appreciate. While it may not be a pleasing listening experience for most people it has really many new ideas. I can see already that it's mine of sounds from which Horner's gona obtain for a long time. Parts of Jake enters his avatar world are already an example of that smile
  2. Roy wrote
    Apocalypto- James Horner

It's a score to appreciate.

Yeah, now I really, really, REEEWALLY appreciate his '80's ouput.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote

applause
    'Av' at you, Sir!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    justin boggan wrote
    Roy wrote
    Apocalypto- James Horner

It's a score to appreciate.

Yeah, now I really, really, REEEWALLY appreciate his '80's ouput.

It's like to say that I appreciate Zimmer's early 90's after listening to Last Samurai or King Arthur,
    or like I Love Moonraker after listening To Dances with Wolves ans so on, so on....Of Caurse They Are similarities to earlier scores but It has a unique sound and many fresh new ideas. IMHO smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Trust me Roy, you won't be able to change Justin's mind - he's as stubborn as a mule!
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    heh ... ok I got the message smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Terminal John Williams

One of my late-night-listening scores. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's so smooth and relaxing. I can see why you love it for late-night-listening sessions smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    NP : MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME - Maurice Jarre

Barnstorming 'in yer face' score, love it LOVE IT! Now if only they'd get on and release the complete score and minus the cripesawful Tina Turnip power ballad crap!

It's coming...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Thanks to the unexpected and out of nowhere kindness of a fellow score fan, "Freud".

Probably not for everybody (and a listen that may put off newer score fans), but a hidden Goldsmith gem. Interesting composition, varied orchestrations, and probably mroe emotional effort put into this than the film might have deserved (not seen it).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME - Maurice Jarre

Barnstorming 'in yer face' score, love it LOVE IT! Now if only they'd get on and release the complete score and minus the cripesawful Tina Turnip power ballad crap!

It's coming...

-Erik-

So I've heard Erik, it was mentioned quite some time ago now but I'm getting impatient.

I used to be so patient ( a 30 year wait for expanded Barry's Bond scores ) but I've become spoilt by all the brilliant releases that are churning out now.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    Martijn wrote
    The Black Stallion Returns - Georges Delerue

Delerue at his best has written music to lift the heart and reinforce the message that there is GREAT beauty in the world of film music. This is one such score.

beer

NP Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Bear McCreary

I really like the second and third installment of this series and for me, this one confirms this composer's talent. The cue closing the first disc, Diaspora Oratorio, is sublime.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009 edited
    Roy wrote
    Apocalypto- James Horner

It's a score to appreciate. While it may not be a pleasing listening experience for most people it has really many new ideas. I can see already that it's mine of sounds from which Horner's gona obtain for a long time. Parts of Jake enters his avatar world are already an example of that smile

Apocalypto is quite better than Avatar. The point is score of Apocalypto worked superbly in the film, but Avatar score doesn't. Only in the last 20 minutes of the movie, Horner's score shines, but remaining just blah, blah, blah....
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    LILO & STITCH - ALAN SILVESTRI

Hmmm.... yet another disappointing release from Disney. However, i appreciate this amazing score by Alan. There are only three tracks but those three tracks are damn good. smile
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Sunil wrote
    Roy wrote
    Apocalypto- James Horner

Apocalypto is quite better than Avatar. The point is score of Apocalypto worked superbly in the film, but Avatar score doesn't. Only in the last 20 minutes of the movie, Horner's score shines, but remaining just blah, blah, blah....

In my opinion the score of Avatar worked very-very well in the movie. It was tailor-made for it, enhanced the scenes and gave them a great amount of emotional "support". I loved it.

NP: The Edge - Jerry Goldsmith

The main theme is amazing. The rest of the score is...well, not really my cup of tea. I have never liked Goldsmith's action music very much and this score is not an exception. (I guess, that's why Goldsmith doesn't belong to the circle of my favourite composers: I don't really like his action stuff and the bulk of his scores are action music.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2009 edited
    NP: Stepmom - John Williams

I was just taking a little nap in the evening... this is the one of my two favorite "music to sleep with"! wink
    (The other one is Zimmer's Nine Months)

Lovely main theme... sleep
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Backdraft - Hans Zimmer

Now I need something to wake myself up.

punk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice choice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I just woke up from a small nap too, here's my score of choice while taking tea -

NP: Ratatouille - Michael Giacchino

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    New Moon - Alexandre Desplat

Very fine music. Though the album's a little on the long side.
  4. Agreed. You could lose a good ten minutes easily, probably fifteen.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Fatima - Marco Frisina

There are some memorable tracks on this album but still, so far this has been the weakest link in Frisina's body of work in my opinion. The album just flows by and by the end I realize that I couldn't find those usual wonderful Frisina melodies in this score. So what's left is the good main theme and its various uses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are you familiar with his work for PUCCINI? Quite an attractive, classical-oriented listen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Yes, I have Puccini. That is a much better CD than Fatima. But so far my favourites from him is Sant' Antonio di Padova, Pompei and Giacobbe, Mosé and Giuseppe from the Bibbia series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Adventures Of Superman - David Chudnow

Chudnow composed some damn fine music for the 1950s Superman TV series.
    Great dramatic pieces in this offering that are as good as any golden age movie score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    Yes, I have Puccini. That is a much better CD than Fatima. But so far my favourites from him is Sant' Antonio di Padova, Pompei and Giacobbe, Mosé and Giuseppe from the Bibbia series.

Puccini is beautiful!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    keky wrote
    Sunil wrote
    Roy wrote
    Apocalypto- James Horner

In my opinion the score of Avatar worked very-very well in the movie. It was tailor-made for it, enhanced the scenes and gave them a great amount of emotional "support". I loved it.

NP: The Edge - Jerry Goldsmith

The main theme is amazing. The rest of the score is...well, not really my cup of tea. I have never liked Goldsmith's action music very much and this score is not an exception. (I guess, that's why Goldsmith doesn't belong to the circle of my favourite composers: I don't really like his action stuff and the bulk of his scores are action music.)

You should check out Islands In The Stream.

IMO NOBODY BUT NOBODY does action music better than Goldsmith...actually, to hell with my IMO, it's a bleedin' FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    IMO NOBODY BUT NOBODY does action music better than Goldsmith...actually, to hell with my IMO, it's a bleedin' FACT!

I'd put Silvestri and Williams on that exclusive list!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!