• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    I...I just listened to the song from Avatar.
    Good lord.

Actually, even though it's very cheesy, I would quite like this were it sung by the lovely Hayley Westenra. love She's got a FAR better voice that Leona fucking Lewis. slant

Sorry, but that's nonsense! I don't care much for Leona Lewis ( definite charisma bypass ) but there's no doubt her voice is fantastic. Better by FAR? No, just different.

Nonsense for you. I can't stand it!

I think it's probably because her voice just sounds so mainstream; there's no personality. It's just another pop singer who can hit the high notes. Westenra's voice has a quality to it that makes it a little more unique (and she seems like a lovely person too... not that that should sway my opinion - but it does!)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009
    I didn't think the song was as awful as people made it out to be. Granted it wasn't good, but it certainly wasn't bad either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Utterly mad, over the top brilliance. I wish Arnold kept writing like this. cry

Blame Roland Emmerich, Harald kloser and the Wanker for that.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    I didn't think the song was as awful as people made it out to be. Granted it wasn't good, but it certainly wasn't bad either.

I think the actual song, the music itself, is enjoyable in a very guilty way. I don't think I'd ever want anyone else to hear me listening to that song! I've got a reputation to keep...
  1. Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Utterly mad, over the top brilliance. I wish Arnold kept writing like this. cry

Blame Roland Emmerich, Harald kloser and the Wanker for that.

Especially Emmerich, he should've hired Arnold again for his latest, boggles the mind why he would go with anything else than Arnold's bombast. Maybe they're not on speaking terms anymore?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    WP: American Beauty - Thomas Newman

It's a unique sound but pleasant. And some beautiful piano...

NP: Harry Potter & The Goblet Of Fire - Patrick Doyle

smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    August Rush - Mark Mancina and many others

Fantastic! August's Rhapsody is beautiful and I love the songs (with the accompanying cello) too!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Good lord.

Actually, even though it's very cheesy, I would quite like this were it sung by the lovely Hayley Westenra. love She's got a FAR better voice that Leona fucking Lewis. slant

Sorry, but that's nonsense! I don't care much for Leona Lewis ( definite charisma bypass ) but there's no doubt her voice is fantastic. Better by FAR? No, just different.

They all sound Celine Dion wanna-be's to me, to tell you the truth. They're technically perfect, but they lack character and something that would differentiate them from the masses and make them stick in your memory. Some of them sound like the John Debney of pop singing.

Now this D, I do agree with!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Good lord.

I think it's probably because her voice just sounds so mainstream; there's no personality. It's just another pop singer who can hit the high notes. Westenra's voice has a quality to it that makes it a little more unique (and she seems like a lovely person too... not that that should sway my opinion - but it does!)

That's more like it! beer

Just for the record, I really don't care one way or the other about Leona's voice, it sounds pleasant enough and certainly doesn't hurt my ears, as D pointed out this could have been sung by any one of a number of singers who are capable of belting out a tune.

Give me unique everytime!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think I'm just partly biased since I don't like the whole Pop Idol/X Factor malarkey and I don't like her personality much. But her voice still sounds.... bleh to me. :shrug:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I think I'm just partly biased since I don't like the whole Pop Idol/X Factor malarkey and I don't like her personality much. But her voice still sounds.... bleh to me. :shrug:

"I don't like her personality much"

She has a personality?

And stuff like X-Factor has been going on since there's been pop charts, it's just that it didn't used to be a public spectacle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Volcano Alan Silvestri

punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Volcano Alan Silvestri

punk

Go watch the film, it's BRILLIANT!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're joking, right? That was a joke? As in, you know, haha?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    biggrin

NP: On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry

LOUD as fuck!

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Joke? Moi?? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    biggrin

NP: On Her Majesty's Secret Service - John Barry

LOUD as fuck!

cool

punk beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Joke? Moi?? wink

Oh thank christ. *wipes sweat from brow*
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Joke? Moi?? wink

Oh thank christ. *wipes sweat from brow*

Seriously though Steven, I reckon the film would be a right hoot if watched with a bunch of boozed up mates. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME - Maurice Jarre

Barnstorming 'in yer face' score, love it LOVE IT! Now if only they'd get on and release the complete score and minus the cripesawful Tina Turnip power ballad crap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Good lord.

And what's wrong with all those singers screaming high notes instead of actually singing?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Huh? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Again the stupid grammar in my rushed typo's:

I meant:

And what's with all those singers screaming high notes instead of actually singing them?

You know, the usual 'pop' singing as it has been established in the post Beyonce, post-x-factor era.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Can we get back to film music?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Black Stallion Returns - Georges Delerue

The Intrada CD contains the complete score as well as the LP edit.
    Gorgeous as the score is (and assuredly it is no tedious task sitting through the whole recording), it's the latter that is truly delightful. Not a sour note on the whole album, and an absolute joy from beginning to finish.

The main theme is as fine as any Delerue has ever written, reminiscent of a more upbeat, joyous take on his own Chouans! theme. Even though the film -apparently- is all about Arabs and horses, it's Delerue's Romantic-Classical style that takes first place in the score, and for thematic and melodic approach, the man again cannot be beat.

Delerue at his best has written music to lift the heart and reinforce the message that there is GREAT beauty in the world of film music. This is one such score.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, but is it as good as Avatar?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Avawho?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Brian Keane's score to Ric Burns' documentary New York- loved the City of Dreams track.
  2. Martijn wrote
    Avawho?

Avawhore?

Ava Gardner?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website