• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    I didn't listen to it but I'd never have got it anyway.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010
    Round 2
    Identify this clip. It should be easy. Use the spoiler tags to enter your answer.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/71451501f925cfd8/
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have no idea, BhelPuri, but I just wanted to say that Windows Media Player once again displays THE SWAN PRINCESS as the album being played. What's up with WMP and that soundtrack anyway? biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2010 edited
    Geesh. I have no idea why that happens. Maybe you should try to change the database provider. See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … dia-Player

That aside, I hope that one of these days someone should actually include a track from Swan Princess for the game wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    I have no idea, BhelPuri, but I just wanted to say that Windows Media Player once again displays THE SWAN PRINCESS as the album being played. What's up with WMP and that soundtrack anyway? biggrin

This could be a default folder image on YOUR computer. This happened to me as well but with the cover to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. If the track I was playing didn't have a cover image it would bring up that default image.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Erik Woods wrote
    This could be a default folder image on YOUR computer. This happened to me as well but with the cover to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. If the track I was playing didn't have a cover image it would bring up that default image.

-Erik-

Good point.
    I do recall seeing the cover art for the MSM release of "Chasing Ghosts" (Scott Glasgow) a number of times, but I've never had/played the original album. Perhaps it's also based on the default image of the database?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Interesting, since I've never played THE SWAN PRINCESS. I had barely even heard of it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Good one, BP. I love this theme.

[spoiler]Georges Delerue - Her alibi[/spoiler]

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    plindboe wrote
    Good one, BP. I love this theme.

Georges Delerue - Her alibi

Peter smile

smile punk Exactly! I knew you'd get it. I thought Thor would find this easy too. Don't most people have the Georges Delerue Varese 2cd compilation? The last few seconds of the clip are distinctly Delerue.
    I took this clip from the actual title credits on youtube (hence the poor quality).

Over to Peter for the next round.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    smile wave
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    I had no clue to this one either. Man, I really suck at this... shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    ROUND 3

This one is from little over 2 years ago, but it's probably not an easy one since neither composer or film is american. The composer isn't super famous, but people here know his name when they hear it.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/71454289016ceb47/

I had to make the clip 2 minutes long, because I thought the music was too awesome to cut it off after a minute.

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    Nice cue, but once again, confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    [spoiler]No idea, Peter. It sounds like an animation. How about Tuomas Kantelinen's Quest For A Heart?[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's a pleasant piece and I even detect a Morricone vibe to it, but I've no idea what it is?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    [spoiler]The Bridge To Terabithia[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote
    [spoiler]No idea, Peter. It sounds like an animation. How about Tuomas Kantelinen's Quest For A Heart?[/spoiler]

Incorrect guess. smile The movie is not animated, but indeed it does have an adventurous and light feeling to it, as animated movie scores often have. I watched the trailer recently and it looks like a silly comedy most of all. The score is more serious and epic though (with a few comedic elements). I love when comedies are scored seriously.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    It's a pleasant piece and I even detect a Morricone vibe to it, but I've no idea what it is?

You're just saying that because I'm a Morricone fanatic and you expected that I would upload some Morricone. tongue

Timmer wrote
    [spoiler]The Bridge To Terabithia[/spoiler]

Incorrect guess.

Peter wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No, there is a Morricone'ish vocal, I knew / know for a fact that it ISN'T a Morricone piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I like it! I can't be arsed to wait until someone gets it right so can you just PM me to tell me what it is? wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    oh, is it [spoiler]Outlander?[/spoiler]
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    I like it! I can't be arsed to wait until someone gets it right so can you just PM me to tell me what it is? wink

Can you PM me with the answer so's I can pretend I know it? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    No, there is a Morricone'ish vocal, I knew / know for a fact that it ISN'T a Morricone piece.

Ah yes, indeed there's some wordless soprano stuff, the Morricone trademark. The second part reminds me mostly of Debney's "Lair" actually.

LSH wrote

Hehe, will do.

Timmer wrote
    oh, is it [spoiler]Outlander?[/spoiler]

Nopes.

Timmer wrote
    Can you PM me with the answer so's I can pretend I know it? wink

Nopes, that would be cheating. smile

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorRanietz
    I think we need some help. Can you give us some hints? What country are we talking about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Composer is british, the movie is french.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    [spoiler]Ilan Eshkeri?[/spoiler]
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Look at you Tim, getting them all wrong! And I know what it is! Hahahahaha. You fucking clown!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote

No.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Look at you Tim, getting them all wrong! And I know what it is! Hahahahaha. You fucking clown!

cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Timmer wrote

No.

Peter smile

cry cry :wailing: