• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    NP: Alive - James Newton Howard

Lovely stuff!

cool
  1. Balto - James Horner

Just finishing those fantastic finale cues...and skipping the song.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited
    I always loved the theme, but i find a too repetitive stuff. And A lot of mickey mousing. You have to go too far into each track to get something good.

NP:Cleopatra (Jones).

An epic and memorable main theme, An exotic and erotic new age elements, Roman Fanfarres and agressive but melodic action music.

I always thought the last 4 tracks were unisteresting ,but today I realised that they set a pefect 23 minutes of new age mood.

I will play next: United 93 (powel)

Brilliant.

"Phone Calls" is spcecially impressive. and "the End" it's for powell what Journey to the line is for Zimmer.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Cinema Symphony - Andrew Pearce

Brilliant! If you don't have this album then do yourself a favour a pick up what I consider to be one of the most impressive pieces of music I've heard in the past ten years!

http://www.moviescoremedia.com/cinemasymphony.html

-Erik-

Quoting this so I can look it up later and have a listen, and maybe buy it. I've read the little summary through the link and I'm very intruiged... cheesy

Thanks for the hint man. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Brilliant! If you don't have this album then do yourself a favour a pick up what I consider to be one of the most impressive pieces of music I've heard in the past ten years!

-Erik-

Quoting this so I can look it up later and have a listen, and maybe buy it. I've read the little summary through the link and I'm very intruiged... cheesy

If you want to hear movements 3 and 4 in their entirely go here.
    http://webspace.webring.com/people/gc/cinematicsound/

I have NO idea who is hosting this version of my old site but there it is. Go down to This Just In Show #6.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Under Siege 2 - Basil Poledouris

I suspect this is the first time I've ever listened to this (Christ knows how many years I've had it). Very enjoyable stuff. A bit like an extension of Goldsmith's Rambo scores.
  3. NP: Mao's Last Dancer (christopher gordon)

So good to see him get a couple of reasonably good films in the last year. Few deserve it more.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited
    Ah, Mao's last...such gorgeous pieces in that, pure melody and class. The way the man orchestrates though and arranges those themes in there, is the most impressive.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

If you want to hear movements 3 and 4 in their entirely go here.
    http://webspace.webring.com/people/gc/cinematicsound/

I have NO idea who is hosting this version of my old site but there it is. Go down to This Just In Show #6.

-Erik-

Erik, thanks for pointing me in the right direction... You're right it sounds superb, however as with all great music, it's something you'll want to listen to again and again, and learn to appreciate it, because it doesn't instantly grab me, but I can tell you one thing: it's very energetic and melodic, which is always a huge plus. Braveheart wasn't love at first sight either, but it's been my favourite Horner since I listened to it a couple of times.

And this is the first time I've listened to one of your shows. Better late than never huh? You have a voice that demands people sit up and listen to what's on. Great stuff, must be something else to get all your energy into it I guess...

I may as well go ahead and click that 'Buy album' button. smile I'm 100 % positive it'll grow on me.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Southall wrote

I suspect this is the first time I've ever listened to this (Christ knows how many years I've had it). Very enjoyable stuff. A bit like an extension of Goldsmith's Rambo scores.

It's WHAT! shocked

lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    Southall wrote

A little touch of JG's 'The Mutant' from Total Recall too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

WHAT!! shocked shocked

lick lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. NP: Lolita (Morricone)

One of his finest 90s score. He treats the subject matter much more senstively than the director did. (Although having said that, it isn't a bad film.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Alice in Wonderland - Danny Elfman

Alice's theme is simply put one of the greatest tunes Elfman has ever written! It goes instantly into "My Favorites" playlist! Let's hope the rest lives up to this magnificent opening! Elfman is on quite a tear and he really saves his best for Tim Burton!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    NP: Homeword Bound 1 and Homeword Bound 2 - Bruce Broughton

The main theme is one of my favorite themes ever written! Before I ever liked film music, I knew this music was special.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Alice in Wonderland - Danny Elfman

Alice's theme is simply put one of the greatest tunes Elfman has ever written! It goes instantly into "My Favorites" playlist! Let's hope the rest lives up to this magnificent opening! Elfman is on quite a tear and he really saves his best for Tim Burton!

-Erik-

Oh, goody (with a bit of restraint 'till i hear it myself wink )
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

WHAT!! shocked shocked

lick lick

Don't get too excited, it ain't no Rambo or Total Recall but it is a fun action score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Black Rain Complete (Zimmer)

A sublime score. Zimmer in his purest form!

it's ironic, after all this years, Black Rain remains his best oriental influenced score. The rythms are still cool and contemporany.

I wonder how much orchestra is in it! We need a official realease of this score.

PS:Great to hear the first encarnation of Batman's theme. tongue
  8. The atonal strings in CHarlie Loses HIs Head seem live, but Zimmer admits that the first time he really had his way with orchestra was Bird on a Wire.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The atonal strings in CHarlie Loses HIs Head seem live, but Zimmer admits that the first time he really had his way with orchestra was Bird on a Wire.

No, I was taling more about the japanese instruments.A lot of they seems real and not sampled.

the atonal strings in charlie loses His head, was of course, synthetic. He used the same effect in k2.
  9. Japanese instruments aren't orchestra Jordi and remember that Black Rain was orchestrated and conducted by Shirley Walker.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ANIMA MUNDI - Philip glass

Very enjoyable score, typically glass and just the right length ( it's not a long score )
  10. Dante's Inferno (Garry Schyman)

The score to a game about the depths of hell should be horrific right? Well it is, but I'm really getting tired of 'music' such as this. There's nothing to hold my interest. In the beginning I thought this would have something in common with the obvious comparison which is Goldsmith's The Omen, but that was soon laid to rest, because at least Jerry came up with memorable themes. Sorry but this is, once again, not for me. sad

I'm going to listen to Cinema Symphony now to quickly forget about this one.
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    Dante's Inferno (Garry Schyman)
    I'm going to listen to Cinema Symphony now to quickly forget about this one.

good, and then you'll realize I've used the final cue of that album for my trailer volume 7 wink

NP: Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (Christophe Beck)

first listen
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited
    NP : THE GO-BETWEEN - Michel Legrand

Just absolutely stunning, so simple and yet so brilliant, a true classic and unbelievably the original has never been released though thankfully it's been rerecorded numerous times.

Martijn, are you familiar with this? If not I believe you would really like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Eleanor's Secret - Christophe Heral

I've listened to this a few times this week pending a review. Very pleasant. VERY Elfman in places!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Southall wrote
    Eleanor's Secret - Christophe Heral

I've listened to this a few times this week pending a review. Very pleasant. VERY Elfman in places!

And very Coulais in others smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited
    NP:Alice in Wonderland (Elfman)

Alice theme is ,of course, great. One of the best pieces from Elfman (I said pieces, not themes).

But I don't know if it fits well the magic and the weird mood of this movie.

How many reprises....right? dizzy

PS:ALiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Alice in Wonderland (Elfman)

Alice theme is ,of course, great. One of the best pieces from Elfman (I said pieces, not themes). But I don't know if it fits well the magic and the weird mood of this movie. How many reprises....right? dizzy

PS:ALiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I think it's a spectacular score and the variations on the theme throughout the score are most welcome!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't see it topping The Wolfman. cool