• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010
    NP:Secret of Sahara (morricone)

Sublime. In my humble opinion, his best score ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010
    It's a great score for sure but i think the spot for his best, belongs to either THE MISSION, CINEMA PARADISO or ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : PROPHECY - Leonard Rosenman

Probably not for many here, this has a lot of atonal, textural sounds and "BIG MONSTER" music ( which includes great use of the 'Blaster Beam' ), I really like it but I doubt it's one that'll get a lot of plays but I'm happy I got it.

I really like this one. Familiar Rosenman style - and very much in-your-face.

Indeed Alan. As I said, it won't be something I return to very often but it's certainly something I wanted, I think it's a superb score though it outshines the movie.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's a great score for sure but i think the spot for his best, belongs to either THE MISSION, CINEMA PARADISO or ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA.

If you say so. ( I partially agree with you )

What say Peter?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Peter say that it's a tie between "Once upon a time in America" and "The good, the bad and the ugly".

Peter spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

What say Peter?

What do you say then, Tim?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I know you didn't ask me but I tell you my opinion anyway: I can't tell what's Ennio's best, since he has written far too many "bests" in my opinion. I could not choose his best, that's for sure. (And I only have about 90-100 scores by him, so I'm still far from Peter's collection)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

What say Peter?

What do you say then, Tim?

The Good The Bad The Ugly, Once Upon A Time In The West, The Mission, The Big Gundown.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Spaghetti Westerns are fun but i personally wouldn't place them among the mission or once upon a time in america or even cinema paradiso.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010 edited
    Morricone westerns?
    Easily!
    Many of them are at the very top of film scoring through the ages.

Anyway, my top Morricones would be For A Few Dollars More, The Big Gundown, and Marco Polo (and as a cheat I'd also have the theme from The Good The Bad The Ugly).

Honourable mentions to Red Sonja, Two Mules For Sister Sara and Days Of Heaven.

I never could get into The Mission or Once Upon A Time In The West as much as in the ones mentioned above.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Spaghetti Westerns are fun but i personally wouldn't place them among the mission or once upon a time in america or even cinema paradiso.

I would and I do!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I prefer plain spaghetti.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I prefer it garnished with bolognese.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    As long as there's garlic in it, I don't care either way.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Given half a chance I would put garlic in almost everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^Oh i SO agree. Garlic and in many cases origanum and white wine make almost everything taste sooooooooooo good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    beer

There's a garlic-themed restaurant in Rotterdam I've been dying to try out.
    They prepare EVERYTHING with garlic, including desert.
    Can't wait! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am sure nobody else we'll be dying to meet you after your feast there. At least not for the next 24-48 hours.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Mine is a lonely (but mercifully vampire-free) road... sad
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    I am sure nobody else we'll be dying to meet you after your feast there. At least not for the next 24-48 hours.

But be careful of anyone who specifically rushes out and consumes some garlic! They may be wanting to get too friendly.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    beer

Can't wait! biggrin

There was some kind of garlic festival in the UK ( don't remember much apart from a report on TV ) and it included garlic Lager.

Now THAT I would have to draw the line at! vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Mine is a lonely (but mercifully vampire-free) road... sad

Watch out 'cause there's some horny vampires out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I would and I do!

So would I. Once Upon a Time in the West would probably top my list (though it would be an ever-changing list).
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Secret of Sahara (morricone)

Sublime. In my humble opinion, his best score ever.

Christodoulides wrote

Christodoulides wrote

Timmer wrote
    I would and I do!

Christodoulides wrote
    I prefer plain spaghetti.

Timmer wrote
    I prefer it garnished with bolognese.

Martijn wrote
    As long as there's garlic in it, I don't care either way.

Timmer wrote
    Given half a chance I would put garlic in almost everything.

Christodoulides wrote
    ^Oh i SO agree. Garlic and in many cases origanum and white wine make almost everything taste sooooooooooo good.

Martijn wrote
    Can't wait! biggrin

Timmer wrote
    There was some kind of garlic festival in the UK ( don't remember much apart from a report on TV ) and it included garlic Lager.

Now THAT I would have to draw the line at! vomit

I love this site!

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    Thanks for the laugh.
    It is funny put all together like that. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Indeed! biggrin This forum must have the most distractible users of the internets, which makes it a constant entertainment to read.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We are all probably just suffering severely from ADHD, if you take into consideration that HEY look at the funny CATS! Awwww!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love the calibre of comments on YouTube:

those cats are so funny I wish I had a cat that cool!!

Brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin

I just love cats. And wuv you guys, and mt.

And boobs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    We are all probably just suffering severely from ADHD, if you take into consideration that HEY look at the funny CATS! Awwww!

Hehe, indeed. Cute video. I like the cats, though not a fan of the Black Eyed Peas. I like peas though, but I'm usually not into vegetables. This reminds me of a time when....... *gets distracted and wanders off