• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010
    Managed to sneak in some time for a listen-

Georges Delerue - 30 Ans de Musique de Film
    A fabulous compilation on the Odeon label. I've not listened to this often but I keep re-discovering treasures every time I return to it. This time I'm particularly fond of Heureux qui comme Ulysses (Happy he who like Ulysees). It's once again the melancholia and melody that sweeps me. What a genius!

Andrea Guerra - Tu la Conosci Claudia?
    The main theme has all of Guerra's signatures and is fabulous-- gorgeous piano with a little mush. The rest of the score is good too. Yet another Guerra album that features the Caterina Caselli song- Insieme a te non ci sto piu. They must be incredibly hung over it.

Lele Marchitelli - Ma Che Colpa Abbiamo Noi
    Heard one of the tracks from this in a compilation and I had to check out the full score. Immense fun with 3-4 tracks. The rest are ok. I kept returning to the track with frenzied guitars, tabla, sitar ensemble with electronics. Fun fun fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is this a new score? --> Andrea Guerra - Tu la Conosci Claudia?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Knowing (Beltrami)

I can feel the beltrami mood coming to me...

Enjoying a lot this one today..

"new york" punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    I'm sure you would. Powell is still more talented though.

Not bashing on the guy or anything. But John Powell's been pretty talented at wading in the same pool over and over again with the animation films. I roll my eyes everytime I hear that he's doing YET another animation score. I want to see him fulfill his potential.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sure, he scores a lot of animation films, but I think his potential has been pretty fulfilled in other scores. Epic, action, comedy, dark, romantic, sci-fi, drama - he's more than proven his versatility and talent.

I do agree that we have quite enough Powell animation scores though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Modern Warfare 2 (Balfe and Zimmer)

Now it's official (in all the meaning of the word) this "score" is A nightmare. It's the worst "music" i ever heard.

I couldn't agree less. That said, you have to play the game to fully appreciate the music. Trust me, playing the game with tracks like 'Extraction Point', 'Retreat and Reveille', 'Onwards', 'Code of Conduct' or 'Safeguard' in the background is nothing but a pleasure.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote
    Steven wrote
    I'm sure you would. Powell is still more talented though.

Not bashing on the guy or anything. But John Powell's been pretty talented at wading in the same pool over and over again with the animation films. I roll my eyes everytime I hear that he's doing YET another animation score. I want to see him fulfill his potential.

Powell's potential has been completely fulfilled in scoring animated films.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ...so time for him to fill it with some live action movies now. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    ...so time for him to fill it with some live action movies now. wink

The medium doesn't matter.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not per se, but the types of animation that Powell tends to work on lend themselves to a particular style of score. (A style I love, but not one that I want to hear all the time.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Powell is very good at capturing the tone of a zany and imaginative comedy. But when you think about it he is very comfortable in any genre. I just find he is at his best when he can really stretch his wings and let nothing hold him back. Scores like Horton, Ice Age, Happy Feet, etc allow him to do that.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Now it's official (in all the meaning of the word) this "score" is A nightmare. It's the worst "music" i ever heard.

I couldn't agree less. That said, you have to play the game to fully appreciate the music. Trust me, playing the game with tracks like 'Extraction Point', 'Retreat and Reveille', 'Onwards', 'Code of Conduct' or 'Safeguard' in the background is nothing but a pleasure.

you're right. the music in the game is awesome. it's pure energy. the music makes the action more intense. while fighting against 100 enemies and explosions all over the place, the music makes the game experience more exciting and intense. the score has also some great themes, especially in CODE OF CONDUCT and EXTRACTION POINT. for me it's a fantastic action score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Land Of The Giants - John Williams

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I really enjoy Williams' television scores for Irwin Allen.
    Giants has many great musical moments that heighten the fun and excitement of the pilot episode.
    And his two main themes for Season 1 and 2 are also very cool! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Again...music that fits well in the context....DAMMED!

How many times you could listen the actual score without playing the game????
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I too think it's pretty horrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Again...music that fits well in the context....DAMMED!

That's all I needed it to be. There are lots of Zimmer and Co. scores of the same style you can choose if you wanna enjoy them outside of its context. Again, playing the game with the tracks I've mentioned (and the ones that are not in the release) is simply amazing.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    There are lots of Zimmer and Co. scores of the same style you can choose if you wanna enjoy them .

Yes...but now i was talking about Modern Warfare 2 rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: A TALE OF GOD'S WILL: A REQUIEM FOR KATRINA - The Terence Blanchard Quintet

An incredible album, absolutely flowing with emotion. Terrific stuff.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shawshank Redemption Thomas Newman

Still my favourite Newman score. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LSH wrote
    NP: A TALE OF GOD'S WILL: A REQUIEM FOR KATRINA - The Terence Blanchard Quintet

An incredible album, absolutely flowing with emotion. Terrific stuff.

cool

It's his best work to date imo, as emotional and at the same time beautiful he can get.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    Steven wrote

Haven't played the whole album in a while. The final three cues usually do it for me. cool

Fantastic score nonetheless.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Edges it for me too bud beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. NP: 'Desmond Distraught' from LOST 3 (Giacchino)

This theme stood out in one of Anthony's suites as one of Giacchino's finest melodies. Nice work!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. NP: Marnie (Herrmann)

Sometimes Herrmann feels irritatingly over-the-top and unsubtle. Today, he's devastatingly romantic.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: 3:10 to Yuma (Beltrami)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: 3:10 to Yuma (Beltrami)

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

me too!!!

NP:Sherlock Holmes (Zimmer)

I'm in XIX London mood...

" My Mind Rebels at Stagnation " a great dramatic statement of bad guy's theme
    " Data, Data , Data" a sensual and playful track for Mcadams character
    " marital sabotage" a interesting action track that opens the movie

and the 18 minutes masterpiece!!!

I will play next: From hell (Jones)

I don't remember nothing interesting on it but I will try again...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Whoah! Major juxtaposition!
    From Hell is a very dark score.
    I like it a lot, but I really need to be in the mood for it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    edit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Amazing Grace - David Arnold

First listen and I like it!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Miya wrote
    NP: Amazing Grace - David Arnold

First listen and I like it!

Don't the short tracks make this album a bit disjointed?
    I liked the music when I was watching the film but I haven't bought the album yet - I don't like when there are so many short tracks on an album.