• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah, but you don't count, Justin.

-Erik-

Keep up the lovely parenting techniques -- make your children real winners one day.

But you're not his son.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Jordi, i am interested in the official release out of curiosity. I am not a big fan of the score but what i heard till now was from rips and crappy fan-made bootlegs.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Not everyone likes Justin and/or his style, but lets keep it a bit more civil. Justin was now only expressing his opinion, which he shares with Timmer and keky.

An odd group though!dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    The Truman Show - Burkhard Dallwitz + Philip Glass + Wojciech Kilar

An inspiring evening listen. Entirely original and lacking in cheap sentiment. Heartfelt melodies and genuine remarkable moments of creativity. It makes the already great film even more interesting to watch and hear. I love how the 'Reunion' cue is performed live in the film for an emotional scene, meant to maximise an emotional reaction from the audience in the film. One of those rare magical moments that film can provide. 'Father Kolbe's Preaching' by Kilar is the perfect finale piece, so pure and simple, yet such a beautiful melody. love
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah, but you don't count, Justin.

-Erik-

Keep up the lovely parenting techniques -- make your children real winners one day.

But you're not his son.

Justin made a similar comment a few weeks ago at Intrada and it made just as much sense as his God awful reviews here at MT.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Timmer wrote
    Oh dear, two people don't like Independence Day....it must be the end of the world rolleyes

Would it make things worse if there was a third guy who didn't even care to give it another listen to see if 'more' somehow magically made it all 'more interesting'? wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010 edited
    More does make it more interesting, Katherine.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Not liking it I can understand (sort of, maybe...), and certainly doesn't make me believe they lack any taste. I hope that goes without saying. Calling it boring without any good melodies? I dunno, I'm just too passionate about that score to let something like that slide. dizzy The feeling of pure elation the end credits suite gives me is not just my imagination; it's the music.

So yeah, I feel pretty obliged to defend its honour! knight
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    More does make it more interesting, Katherine.

-Erik-

At least you could spell it the way I asked you to. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Ugh!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've discovered my 'now playing' posts don't gather the comments they used to...

Mine never do.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    lp wrote
    NP: Modern Warfare - Lorne Balfe and co...

It's the official release and the music's been edited down to a more coherent package. I enjoy this more, but that's not saying much.

There's an official release? want!

Yes (52 minutes), and as lp says, far more coherent. I insist that it is better if you've played the game.

Nautilus wrote
    it's the most mediocre and insulting thing I ever heard

I don't think so.

QFT!!!
    I have the whole game rip, as well as the cut down version of that one, and this 52minute version is by far the best, most digest-able version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Jordi, i am interested in the official release out of curiosity. I am not a big fan of the score but what i heard till now was from rips and crappy fan-made bootlegs.

You'll like the 52minute version more. It's the proof that Thor needs, IMO.
  3. Panthera wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've discovered my 'now playing' posts don't gather the comments they used to...

Mine never do.

Let's have an exclusive commenting arrangement between us then. I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Panthera wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Mine never do.

Let's have an exclusive commenting arrangement between us then. I'll comment on yours if you comment on mine. wink

Yeap! Either that or play nothing except scores by MV/RC composers and Michael Giacchino or be controversial and say Djawadi, Rza and Bates are better than everyone else.....the downer there being that no one will ever take you seriously again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    A fisful of dollars (morricone)

WOW! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WOW! punk

I agree with Jordi shocked wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote

You agree with Jordi, you don't like Independence Day (score)......what's happening to you?!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    WOW! punk

Sadly the Whisperer on this movies is spanish and he has become a real freak in the late shows. So Now Every time I hear those themes....

Who cares!

Genius!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote

what is sad the Whisperer is spanish and has become a real freak in the late shows. So Now Every time I hear those themes....

confused confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote

what is sad the Whisperer is spanish and has become a real freak in the late shows. So Now Every time I hear those themes....

confused confused

Do you not see Buenafuente?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Who is the Whisperer?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Who is the Whisperer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VTvwNxS … re=related
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Who is the Whisperer?

Amazing! cool

But you mean Whistler Jordi, not Whisperer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Who is the Whisperer?

Amazing! cool

But you mean Whistler Jordi, not Whisperer.

I was thinking about Jennifer love hewitt , sorry.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Understandable wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Oh dear, two people don't like Independence Day....it must be the end of the world rolleyes

Would it make things worse if there was a third guy who didn't even care to give it another listen to see if 'more' somehow magically made it all 'more interesting'? wink

Well, I can't say I don't like it, but when I have to choose one arnold BIG score I choose Stargate (while much more repetitive the main theme it's one of my all time favourites) or Gofzilla.

Probably it's because I don't like the heroic fanfarre , I like the "alien" motif more.

Anyway a more interesting discussion it's if I prefer ID4 or Cuthroad Island.... rolleyes But I think ID4 it's a better listening experience since it's not so over the top.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Interesting. Yes..
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Anyway a more interesting discussion it's if I prefer ID4 or Cuthroad Island.... rolleyes But I think ID4 it's a better listening experience since it's not so over the top.

Eh? ID4 NOT so over-the-top?! Wow!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Eh? ID4 NOT so over-the-top?! Wow!

-Erik-

They key word is "SO"