• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Does it contain any Sushichakakhan flute?

yeap! it has a great rendition in the 8 minutes track

Curiously, the shakakakhhahuchi is not that prominently featured on this Horner score as it is on others that have nothing to do with Asia at all.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  1. Marselus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Does it contain any Sushichakakhan flute?

yeap! it has a great rendition in the 8 minutes track

Curiously, the shakakakhhahuchi is not that prominently featured on this Horner score as it is on others that have nothing to do with Asia at all.

face-palm-mt

You are all wrong! It's the 'ThisIsMyChoiceOfInstrumentSinceI'veIntroducedItInTheEighties' flute.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Band of Brothers (Kamen)

First listening....

Robin Hood Anyone?
  2. Why are all talking about the Shakuhachi in Avatar. There isn't any in this score....
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010 edited
    NP: Mission: Impossible - Danny Elfman

The best Mission: Impossible film score... hands down. Elfman captured the spirit of the television series like no other. His utilization of "The Plot" motif was simply brilliant. "Mole Hunt" is has a great build up to a very heroic version of that motif! Even his rendition of the Mission: Impossible theme beats the original. Elfman did EVERYTHING right with this score... and he did it in such a short time frame. Remarkable film scoring!

Up Next: El Pueblo Del Sol - Lee Holdridge
    An extraordinary IMAX film score!

Later on in the day I'll be spinning...

Trinity and Beyond by John Morgan, Lennie Moore and William Stromberg.
    A brilliant score that reaches back into the Golden age.

Tombstone - Bruce Broughton
    Far too long since I've spun this masterwork!

The Kung-Fu Kid - James Horner
    Looking forward to hearing if this stacks up with Conti's fantastic efforts.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

First listening....

Robin Hood Anyone?

Ummmm... no! Mr. Holland's Opus and A New Moon In The Old Moon's Arms... yes!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Erik Woods wrote

The Kung-Fu Kid - James Horner
    Looking forward to hearing if this stacks up with Conti's fantastic efforts.

-Erik-

biggrin

Now that is the title they should've used...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Robin Hood (Streitenfeld)

I can't say I dislike this score. It's simple, but having listened to what Zimmer's score would have sounded like last night (At World's End), I can say it's genuinely better music.

I'm genuinely bored by this score. But I can hear why someone like you would like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote

The best Mission: Impossible film score... hands down. Elfman captured the spirit of the television series like no other. His utilization of "The Plot" motif was simply brilliant. "Mole Hunt" is has a great build up to a very heroic version of that motif! Even his rendition of the Mission: Impossible theme beats the original. Elfman did EVERYTHING right with this score... and he did it in such a short time frame. Remarkable film scoring!

-Erik-

punk This is my favorite Elfman score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

As an album I find Giacchino's score more enjoyable, but Elfman's is blisteringly good in the film and, yeah, I'd agree it's the best of the three.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I agree with Steven.
  4. Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

As an album I find Giacchino's score more enjoyable, but Elfman's is blisteringly good in the film and, yeah, I'd agree it's the best of the three.

Let me just be the odd one out and say I like Zimmer's entry the most.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010 edited
    Fuck off.

( wink )
  5. I most definitely am not fucking off... You will have to endure my peculiar tastes until hell freezes over !!!

( moon )
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Agree. I think it was a score advanced to his time and it's one of Elfman most interesting scores. I absolutly love the sound for this movie.

I heard this score while I was walking for the streets of Prague the past christmas punk

I was playing: Hundra (morricone)

Wow! Just wow! In that case I do notice the bad sound quality you said, it's a shame because i don't think Morricone has composed nothing like that after or before. it's really a BIG adventure score. I will come back to this one again!

NP: Empire Strikes back (Williams)

Oh man....every second of it it's PERFECT

Fett's motif rules!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Medal Of Honor Airborne.

I have mixed feelings about this score. I love the sound, i mean it's closest to Giacchino's Lost sound than to John Williams sound from the previous scores of the saga. I love that. But I can't distinct the themes or motifs on it, only the main one.
  6. lp wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Robin Hood (Streitenfeld)

I can't say I dislike this score. It's simple, but having listened to what Zimmer's score would have sounded like last night (At World's End), I can say it's genuinely better music.

I'm genuinely bored by this score. But I can hear why someone like you would like it.

Please - tell me more about myself. cool

As for MI - Elfman for me. Light on its feet. Giacchino's has some moments ('Humpty Dumpty'), but just feels like any old wall-to-wall all-out (as in, the first action sequence is as loud as the last) action score for the most part.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  7. NP: The Saint - Edwin Astley

:raised eyebrow:

Another ITC extravaganza from Network DVD. Far too much music (200+ tracks played over 4 CDs) but it'll be condensed down to something more manageable.

Another nostalgia trip (along the same lines as other Astley titles such as The Champions, Department S and Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote

As for MI - Elfman for me. Light on its feet. Giacchino's has some moments ('Humpty Dumpty'), but just feels like any old wall-to-wall all-out (as in, the first action sequence is as loud as the last) action score for the most part.

Yeah it is. punk
  8. Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Yeah it is. punk

Ah, so you agree then?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    Yes he does but to him that's a good thing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Nautilus wrote

First listening....

Robin Hood Anyone?

I don't know why but I find Michael Kamen's style/scores to be more interchangeable than the average for film composers. For example, Robin Hood, The Three Musketeers, some parts of Band of Brothers and other action scores, have the same sort of particular sound with the brass and strings.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

Yeah it is. punk

Ah, so you agree then?

Perhaps not the any old part. Giacchino is far from generic, to my ears at least.
  10. His MEDAL OF HONOR stuff isn't generic, to my ears at least. But for some reason I find it hard to tell one MI3 track from another though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I guess as far as Giacchino goes, MI3 is relatively generic.* But I can easily discern which track I'm listening to because I'm so familiar with it.

*I winced when I wrote that, but I have to admit it to some degree.
  11. Hart's War - Rachel Portman
    Brazil - Michael Kamen
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010 edited
    NP:Red Sonja (Morricone)

WOW.

Why are there 2 albums? the one with suites?
  12. NP: Las 13 Rosas (Banos)

Pretty nice, romantic score.
  13. franz_conrad wrote
    His MEDAL OF HONOR stuff isn't generic, to my ears at least. But for some reason I find it hard to tell one MI3 track from another though.

It's not generic but it's not very diverse.
  14. Yeah, generic is a strong word. I mean, it's not like ... < insert something generic here > ... but just there's usually a lot of character in G's stuff, and it feels like the Mi3 stuff could have been written for any movie. Not so convinced about Elfman's.