• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Anyone NOT heard The Last Airbender yet? wink

Me!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Me!

Me too (Me squared? biggrin )
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Haven't heard it either. I'm always hopelessly behind all this popular culture thing, so I never realized there was a thing called The last airbender until today. Just saw the trailer and it does look rather spiffing and rather different than Night Shammamammalayalan's other stuff. A good sign, since his movies have gone consistantly downhill since The sixth sense.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    All this Airbender talks makes that I CANNOT WAIT till it's releases on CD. It's a blind buy for me. Quite annoying it arrives on download first though, with a later release on physical CD...
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    JAMES HORNER - karate kid

Love it! Melodic, uplifting, and full of big bold good ol' fashioned themes like Horner knows to compose these days, and i think he's sadly the minority.

The theme isn't exactly Horner's strongest, but it IS a theme. I already like this more than Avatar, two listens so far.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: THE KARATE KID - James Horner

First listen. I like it so far - it's really quite lovely.
  3. NP: Preisner's Music by Zbigniew Preisner

I thank everyone for this recommendation, as I am enjoying it (I am clueless in regards to Preisner's style/scores in general). Much of the content typecasts to me as being intellectual European style, if you understand what I mean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You'll love THE BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. Such a touching passionate at places, score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Love it! Melodic, uplifting, and full of big bold good ol' fashioned themes like Horner knows to compose these days, and i think he's sadly the minority.

I almost find it more interesting than Airbender, since it has more colorful orchestrations and some nice renditions of the main theme.

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/last_airbender.html

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ( I don't think if this is good or bad for me tongue )

I still can't believe it..
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Funny that, neither can I.
  4. Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

You HAVEN'T!?

You're a terrible film music fan, Alan.

Me bad! shame

Shows how many people have an iPod if it's only available on iTunes so far!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. Nautilus wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I almost find it more interesting than Airbender, since it has more colorful orchestrations and some nice renditions of the main theme.

http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/last_airbender.html

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ( I don't think if this is good or bad for me tongue )

I still can't believe it..

I'm not surprised that Christian gave it five stars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote

tongue

I can't remember any other score ever where people really loved so much and I was so indiferent about it.
  6. Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

tongue

I can't remember any other score ever where people really loved so much and I was so indiferent about it.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    KevinSmith wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

tongue

Yes, Avatar: the last airbender
  7. Nautilus wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

tongue

No no, the real Avatar, how did you feel about James Horner's score compared to the general reaction that the film score public had?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    KevinSmith wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    KevinSmith wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Anthony wrote

tongue

No no, the real Avatar, how did you feel about James Horner's score compared to the general reaction that the film score public had?

I love Avatar score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Good answer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: THE LAST AIRBENDER - James Newton Howard

Off to the pub in a mo but I thought I'd give this another listen. I think it's a very very good score. That's about it really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At the very least, I think the recording is fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    The thing is, considering the length of the album, it's a very busy score - a lot to take in if you know what I mean. It's not as memorable, in a melodic sense, as some of his other scores but I think it'll be a grower. Like I said, it needs quite a few more listens to 'settle in'. I agree though, it's an excellent recording.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Crystal clear, nostalgic and full of power orchestral sound. Definitely agree with you, sir.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    my problem with airbender is there is not a full action trac, or a full dramatic track....all they has a lot if suspense stuff wich is not so interesting than in his previous scores. dammed, i want more from this military march!!
    i guess my final veredict depends about how i will enjoy the movie..
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Does it need to have a full action track to be a great score? Lady in the Water only had "The Great Eatlon" and that was only part of the track, and that was such a ridiculous marriage of music and visuals that I don't really understand why Howard chose to score it that way. And I LIKE that film! shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Scribe wrote
    Does it need to have a full action track to be a great score? Lady in the Water only had "The Great Eatlon" and that was only part of the track, and that was such a ridiculous marriage of music and visuals that I don't really understand why Howard chose to score it that way. And I LIKE that film! shocked

I don't say I need a full action track, I say the listening experience is not very satisfying because in every track you have a lot of suspense. so you have 10 seconds of a terrific moment and then underscore...

My opinion. But, How I say, If I watch the movie and I "understand" this moments I could love this score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Scribe wrote

I don't say I need a full action track, I say the listening experience is not very satisfying because in every track you have a lot of suspense. so you have 10 seconds of a terrific moment and then underscore...

Actually, all of it is underscore.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Actually, all of it is underscore.

-Erik-

beer

I know what people mean when they say that, but still...there are better ways to say it. What they usually mean is that nothing overtly melodic or loud is happening during the periods they call "underscore."
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  8. NP: Dressed to Kill by Pino Donaggio

It's my first Donaggio score that has been recommended to me in the past while. So far, it seems pretty good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

You HAVEN'T!?

You're a terrible film music fan, Alan.

Me bad! shame

Shows how many people have an iPod if it's only available on iTunes so far!!

Some of us have learnt patience.

having said that, I'm chomping at the bit for Trek III to turn up.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt