• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012 edited
    I just heard that Jack Klugman has died. He was best known in his TV role Quincy M.E.

To be honest I didn't even know he'd still been alive?

Quincy M.E. THEME
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I used to watch Quincy regularly when I was young - before the show became too 'issue-of-the-episode' oriented.

A bit sad at the news of his death.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012 edited
    I heard that Richard Rodney Bennet just passed away too??
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Thor wrote
    I heard that Richard Rodney Bennet just passed away too??

Just read this myself. Sad.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2012
    Awww what!? slant sad He did some excellent scores though I suspect most at this board wouldn't know them if they were hit on the head with them.

Very saddened at this news.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. I payed my tribute to him over at filmtracks. A great and somewhat overlooked composer.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And then we lost Charles Durning as well (at age 89).
    Always greatly enjoyed his (mostly supporting) character roles. He always was great as a cop, a heavy or politician.

sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    He was one of the great character actors, boy they're coming a bit thick and fast today sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Aren't they though.
    It always seems the case with Christmas.
    It's almost like people tend to "hang on".
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012 edited
    AWWWWW NO! fer cripes sake!!! sad

GERRY ANDERSON

http://www.jamieanderson.me.uk/gerry-anderson-has-died/

On the plus side ( if you can call it that slant ) the man had been in exceptionally poor health for some time and now he is free of all worldly pain. Bless you Gerry, you were a massive and possitive influence on me.
  4. Again, very sad news. I watched many, many shows made by Gerry Anderson: beginning with dim recollections of Fireball XL5.

I am sure that the music composed for his programmes had an influence on my love for TV and film music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Again, very sad news. I watched many, many shows made by Gerry Anderson: beginning with dim recollections of Fireball XL5.

I am sure that the music composed for his programmes had an influence on my love for TV and film music.

Undoubtedly! He brought so much joy to my childhood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    AWWWWW NO! fer cripes sake!!! sad

GERRY ANDERSON

http://www.jamieanderson.me.uk/gerry-anderson-has-died/

On the plus side ( if you can call it that slant ) the man had been in exceptionally poor health for some time and now he is free of all worldly pain. Bless you Gerry, you were a massive and possitive influence on me.

Just read it in the news.
    cry

Thanks, Gary.
    It was F.A.B.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2012
    Thank you Gerry Anderson for you gave us! Especially UFO and Thunderbirds!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Thunderbirds was one of my favourite shows when I was a child.
    Kazoo
  5. As a child there was no show - including "Star Trek" - that I loved more than "Space: 1999 / Raumstation Alpha 1". I was spellbound!

Thank you, Gary Anderson!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn & Captain - Gerry not Gary smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Thunderbirds was one of my favourite shows when I was a child.

It's become iconic to two very different generations of children of a certain age after it became huge again in the early 90's.
  6. Deadline is reporting the death of stuntman-turned-director David R. Ellis. Sad news, especially for fans of some of the best action sequences in recent years (the highway chase in MATRIX RELOADED, for example). He was a highly respected second unit director before getting first chair gigs for himself. He's probably most (in)famous for SNAKES ON A PLANE, though his best work is undoubtedly the gory and hilarious FINAL DESTINATION 2, far and away the best film in that series. He was just 60 years old.
  7. Mike Skerritt wrote
    Deadline is reporting the death of stuntman-turned-director David R. Ellis. Sad news, especially for fans of some of the best action sequences in recent years (the highway chase in MATRIX RELOADED, for example). He was a highly respected second unit director before getting first chair gigs for himself. He's probably most (in)famous for SNAKES ON A PLANE, though his best work is undoubtedly the gory and hilarious FINAL DESTINATION 2, far and away the best film in that series. He was just 60 years old.

ow, this is unpleasant news to read. Sad, 60 is no age to go and despite the mediocre final movies, I loved Final Destination 2 and Cellular very much. I didn't even know he worked as well on The Matrix Reloaded, Waterworld and The Perfect Storm

Sad news indeed shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013
    What happened ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. The circumstances haven't yet been reported except that it was sudden. He was in the midst of prepping a new film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2013
    Very Sad for the man's sudden death but I surely won't be one missing his movies...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013
    Director Michael Winner has died aged 77. He had been ill for some time. He did make some decent films in his prime before a load of rubbish later on. I always found him to be an engaging raconteur on chat shows etc and enjoyed reading his restaurant column in the Sunday Times.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2013
    Southall wrote
    Director Michael Winner has died aged 77. He had been ill for some time. He did make some decent films in his prime before a load of rubbish later on. I always found him to be an engaging raconteur on chat shows etc and enjoyed reading his restaurant column in the Sunday Times.

Same here James, he was a great character.

I met him at John Barry's 1998 concert and said to him 'hiya Michael, how's it going?' 'very well thank you and how are you?' he replied with a look that said 'where do I know you from?'. I think that because I'd asked so familiarly that he thought I was someone who had worked for him, a make-up artist or a camera man perhaps or more likely Le garcon du piss.
  9. New composer and FSM member, Robert Feigenblatt, has passed away from cancer. It's being reported at FSM now.

He did a score that was talked about a little here, "The Bunker".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  10. The great old man of German film music passed away. I post my words together with those of Solaris form the scoreboard over at Filmtracks.

> Just came across an Article about the Death of German Film Composer Rolf
    > A. Wilhelm, who died on 17th January, aged 85. sad

> I admit, I mostly know Wilhelm by name, but I heard his impressive
    > Orchestral Score for "Doktor Faustus" in Context and I also have
    > an Album containing Suites from several of his Scores which I shall listen
    > to one of these Days.

> He wrote about 65 Scores from 1954s "08/15" to 1991s "Pappa
    > Ante Portas"; probably his best known Work being the Scores for the
    > two "Die Nibelungen"-Films from the late 60s (Christian wrote a
    > Review, which you can find here:
    > http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/die_nibelungen.html

Rolf Wilhelm was the doyen of German film music and one of the most respected figures in his field in the German film scene.

His work displayed a great variety of styles, the big symphonic score, the chamber ensemble, jazz and more. Wilhelm's themes were memorable, his scores thematic and engaging.

With his fellow composers Hans Martin Majewski and Jürgen Knieper he shaped the film music of the newly developing "Autoren-Film" in West-Germany in the late 60ies and onward.

I pay my respects.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2013
    Oh no! sad
    I love his work on Die Nibelungen films, which I once likened to Rozsa's work.
    Excellent CD representation as well, and a great personal favourite of mine.

I would really like to hear a bit more from him.
    To my own embarassment I never went out of my way to find more than I had.
  11. Normand Corbeil has passed away from cancer. He was 56.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  12. Martijn wrote
    Oh no! sad
    I love his work on Die Nibelungen films, which I once likened to Rozsa's work.
    Excellent CD representation as well, and a great personal favourite of mine.

I would really like to hear a bit more from him.
    To my own embarassment I never went out of my way to find more than I had.

I recommend this CD that offers a great overview over the composer's work:

http://www.amazon.de/Deutsche-Filmkompo … amp;sr=1-1