• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The Luzhin Defense - Alexandre Desplat

I like how there's always one track on a Desplat score that pops out at me immediately. In this case, it's the Love Theme.
  2. I've looked around for that score, but it's not an easy one to find if I remember correctly. Any suggestions as to where I can find it?

NP - Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief - Christophe Beck

This one is okay. It's got some good tracks in it. Probably not one I'll return to, though. The main theme reminds me of a bit from The Incredibles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    christopher wrote
    I've looked around for that score, but it's not an easy one to find if I remember correctly. Any suggestions as to where I can find it?

NP - Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief - Christophe Beck

This one is okay. It's got some good tracks in it. Probably not one I'll return to, though. The main theme reminds me of a bit from The Incredibles.

Unbelievable!
    I'm listening to the same score! I like the main theme very much and I was about to say that it reminds me something! Not The Incedibles though. Something form the same thematic league. Now that I think about it it reminfs me of some motifs of Horner's Troy.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. Scribe wrote
    I just saw the Dark Knight again last night and I thought the lack of score during the chase scene is brilliant.

So not. It destroys the whole scene for me, knowing what a fantastic track has been written for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Adventures Of Huck Finn - Bill Conti

A charming little score by Conti, chocfull of southern charm and symphonic goodness.
    At an excellent length of around 35 minutes, it doesn't wear out its welcome, even thouhg there's a bit of Dixie and Shortnin' Bread going on.

All in all though it's a fine and -I think- rather undeservedly unknown score by Conti that deserves more attention.

It's one of the scores on sale now in SAE's Varese sale, and I heartily recommend it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Waterworld - James Newton Howard

Excellent score with great action / swashbuckling themes !
    I just love it !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    The Adventures Of Huck Finn - Bill Conti

A charming little score by Conti, chocfull of southern charm and symphonic goodness.
    At an excellent length of around 35 minutes, it doesn't wear out its welcome, even thouhg there's a bit of Dixie and Shortnin' Bread going on.

All in all though it's a fine and -I think- rather undeservedly unknown score by Conti that deserves more attention.

It's one of the scores on sale now in SAE's Varese sale, and I heartily recommend it.

As do I. It's probably my favourite Conti.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010 edited
    NP:Predators (Debney)

The best Silvestri score of the last 10 years (and it's composed by Debney ) and the best score of this summer.

it's a great combination of Silvestri's Predator (at last a composer who uses without any problem the other's composer theme!!!) and Debney's Scorpion king.

A cool score! punk punk punk

"hound attack" with this kind of Goldsmitht's Alien-like Horn is specially impressive.
  4. redgrange wrote
    Dragonslayer -- North

My appreciation of this score grows with every listen. Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but I find it stunning. I must get more North.

The sound on the new LaLa-Land release is great.

Surely get "Spartacus". You might also enjoy "Pony Soldier" (Varese CD Club). I'm no North expert, so I really can't comment further much more.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: For The Love Of The Game - Basil Poledouris

This score features one of Poledouris' finest themes. Poledouris had a gift of seamlessly complementing the orchestra with electronic elements! Excellent score! And the "Relationship Montage" still helps put my kids to bed at night.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Homeward Bound - Bruce Broughton

A delightful and exciting score with a dash of Americana. Broughton rarely disappoints! There are themes galore... 4 of them if I counted right... playful underscore and some dramatic highlights including a superb cue when our main characters encounter a cougar! This is all wrapped up with another wonderfully crafted end credit cue... a lost art in modern day film scoring. Highly recommended!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhh, that's a lovely score Erik. ( edit : re-Lonesome Dove )

NP : FORT SAGANNE - Philippe Sarde

Great score by a great ( and rarely noted on this board ) composer.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Milagro Beanfield War (Grusin)

Dave Grusin really impressed me a lot. He is a gorgeous pianist (incredible his performance of Memphis Stomp's The Firm)

This score, wich I didn't know, it's amazing. beautiful as heaven!

I will play next : On golden pond (Grusin)

Another gorgeous score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Old Gringo - Lee Holdridge

Written for large orchestra consisting of woodwinds, brass, strings, harp, percussion and acoustic guitars this is one of Holdridge's greatest accomplishments! The three wonderful themes Holdridge wrote for the three main characters are always present - weaving in and out and in and out - which sounds complex but Holdridge does it with such ease. The best theme of the bunch (and the other two aren't anything to turn your nose up at) is Harriet's Theme. An old fashioned, sweeping love theme in the style of John Barry that is one of Holdridge's best pieces!

Brilliant score! Highly recommended!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Homeward Bound - Bruce Broughton

A delightful and exciting score with a dash of Americana. Broughton rarely disappoints! There are themes galore... 4 of them if I counted right... playful underscore and some dramatic highlights including a superb cue when our main characters encounter a cougar! This is all wrapped up with another wonderfully crafted end credit cue... a lost art in modern day film scoring. Highly recommended!

-Erik-

Oh, I love this too. You're listening to some great stuff today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote

Dave Grusin really impressed me a lot. He is a gorgeous pianist (incredible his performance of Memphis Stomp's The Firm)

I want to hear this a lot but didn't think it had been released. Do you have a CD or did you acquire it by some other means?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DUNE - Toto

The first and, to me, the best of all the DUNE scores, the mystical theme that runs through this score is superb and aptly mysterious.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Oh, I love this too. You're listening to some great stuff today!

Thank you! That means a lot coming from you!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Kiss ass.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Steven wrote
    Kiss ass.

To steal a leaf from your book, it depends on the ass!

Did I just say that?!?! shocked
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Steven wrote
    Kiss ass.

YES YOU DID!

too late to edit gal wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I want to hear this a lot but didn't think it had been released. Do you have a CD or did you acquire it by some other means?

" Soundtrack Album: none but suite of themes available on "Migration - GRP - GRD-9592 & "The Orchestral Album" - GRP - GRD 9789

Running Time: 1 hour, 52 minutes
    Music Time: (approx) 27 minutes "

sad

By the way, do you still have the same thoughts about Inception album ? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Timmer wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Steven wrote
    Kiss ass.

YES YOU DID!

too late to edit gal wink

Didn't mean to edit anyway! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    never argue with women slant wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Stavroula wrote

I missed your comments and smile in Ubeda love
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Starship Troopers - Basil Poledouris

Yeah Baby! I watched the film again the other day. It's gut busting hilarious! I don't know if the film is miscast or weather Verhoeven purposely cast some of the worst acting talent in the history of man kind just for shits and giggles but Casper Van-Dien is quite possibly the WORST ACTOR I've ever seen. And don't get me started on Denise Richards. However, there are some pretty spectacular special effects, BOOBIES shocked (but not Denise Richards... WTF?!), Michael Ironside, a great satirical anti-war script and of course Basil Poledouris' classic score!

Would you like to know MORE?

EDIT: I just finished playing "Tango Urilla" really loud! punk We need a goosebumps emoticon. Jesus H. Holy Shit... WHAT. A. CUE!!!!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    never argue with women slant wink

Most basic and essential truth of life.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Np: Mousehunt - Alan Silvestri

Delicious score! One of Silvestri's all time best!

-Erik-