• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010 edited
    Eh, they are not actually because hair are not supposed to be sweet! Unless of course you mean the look of them , which is kind of you.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010
    Stavroula wrote
    Eh, they are not actually because hair are not supposed to be sweet! Unless of course you mean the look of them , which is kind of you.

no, I mean soft to touch (I made a literal translation from Spanish). I hope you know what I mean wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oh, we know what you mean, Jordi...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Martijn wrote

But Did I use the right words?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010 edited
    NP: Kick-Ass - Henry Jackman & John Murhpy

Saw this movie last night and it made me like this score more. Very thematic and the two composition style meshes very well. The movie, however, didn't become a favorite like I wanted it to be.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : OUTLAND - Jerry Goldsmith

Spooky, bleak outer space score from the master, this is a thriller come Western in space but the music is as good ( no, mostly BETTER ) as any Sci-fi/horror score you can think of.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    Nautilus wrote
    Martijn wrote

But Did I use the right words?

I'm not being mean here. It looks like you genuinely want to say things the right way in English, which is great.
    "Sweet" doesn't mean "soft to the touch" in English. Is it the case in Spanish that you can refer to something as "dulce" and mean soft to the touch? I'd like to know how you would have said that in Spanish (a language that I'm still working on).

NP - Powder - Jerry Goldsmith

Wonderful theme. Glad to hear "Everywhere" after having heard about it for so long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote
    NP : OUTLAND - Jerry Goldsmith

Spooky, bleak outer space score from the master, this is a thriller come Western in space but the music is as good ( no, mostly BETTER ) as any Sci-fi/horror score you can think of.

Oh indeed. Well said! Love it!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP: Predators - John Debney

My copy arrived today out of the blue (signed by two of the guys who played Predators in the movie (apparently!) and Debney). I really like what I'm hearing. Even the dissonant cues which I was initially worried about hold my attention ("Over Here" is fantastic) and the action material is loud and bombastic.

Ranks highly on my 2010 list. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    NP: Predators - John Debney

My copy arrived today out of the blue (signed by two of the guys who played Predators in the movie (apparently!) and Debney). I really like what I'm hearing. Even the dissonant cues which I was initially worried about hold my attention ("Over Here" is fantastic) and the action material is loud and bombastic.

Ranks highly on my 2010 list. smile

Of course! the best score of the summer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: REIGN OF FIRE - EDWARD SHEARMUR

My dad's just got a brand new sound system and I'm testing it out (i.e. annoying the neighbours).

punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Pacific Heights, thelma and louise and the fan Hans zimmer

if you take the trumpets and piano from the first, the techno soundscapes from the second and the dissonance from the third , you have the perfect Inception.
  1. Thelma and Louise has TECHNO SOUNDSCAPES? What are you smoking?!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I gave him some of the stuff that makes me think Jaws is terrible. wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: THE WATER HORSE: LEGEND OF THE DEEP - JAMES NEWTON HOWARD

I had forgotten how good the action music is in this. It's basically an extension of the action music from King Kong but that's no bad thing. Blasting it out real loud too...

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote

Obviously.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Duplicity - James Newton Howard.

First listen. More enjoyable than I expected. Sounds a lot like a Powell score. When people started comparing Knight & Day to this, I realized I skipped it last year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote

ROTF lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Inception Hans Zimmer

I still think "Radical Notion" is what the whole score had to be. I love this mix of Zimmer's own electronics with the heavy brass playing the 2 notes motif ( the "time" theme). " One simple idea" is also a good extension of that sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    RE: Inception, Apparently I have not listened to enough Barry (mainly I've heard his older and more romantic scores, i.e. Lion in Winter, Dances with Wolves, Last Valley) or Vangelis (Chariots of Fire??), because I didn't notice those references at all when watching the film. It sounded like a Zimmer score.
  2. Vangelis - Blade Runner, Matt smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I have never seen Blade Runner.

don't hurt me
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    RE: Inception, Apparently I have not listened to enough Barry (mainly I've heard his older and more romantic scores, i.e. Lion in Winter, Dances with Wolves, Last Valley) or Vangelis (Chariots of Fire??), because I didn't notice those references at all when watching the film. It sounded like a Zimmer score.

Yeah... I missed the Barry influence completely but you can hear Vangelis' influence in the last track. It's those synthy horns.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote

don't hurt me

Remedy that immediately!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

you can hear Vangelis' influence in the last track.

-Erik-

Only in the last track? rolleyes
  3. Old Souls.

And Erik, don't tell me that the strings in the end of Dream within a Dream don't sound like a Bond score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

don't hurt me

Remedy that immediately!

-Erik-

He'll just come back and say it's crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Old Souls.

And Erik, don't tell me that the strings in the end of Dream within a Dream don't sound like a Bond score.

I don't know... I've only heard the score on CD once and in the film once. I'll pay more attention next time to that particular track

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scribe wrote

don't hurt me

Remedy that immediately!

-Erik-

He'll just come back and say it's crap.

Only if he sees the 1982 hacked up theatrical release.

-Erik-