• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, I can assume that.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010
    plindboe wrote
    Unfortunately the I promessi sposi CD is very difficult to find, but luckily some dude has uploaded it all on youtube. Of course it's always better to hear it on CD, but the videos can at least give an impression of the album.

Here's the gorgeous main theme. In my top10 of favourite Morricone tracks. The viola solo is one of my favourite moments in film music.

The extraordinary Addio monti. This piece deserves to be world famous. It can take some listens before you start to get it though. I didn't get it at first, but now it's one of my favourite Morricone pieces.

Fra' Cristoforo e il pane del perdono. Just as sublime quality as Addio monti. Pure Ennio.

Just a few highlights. The album has several others.

Peter smile

FANTASTIC MUSIC....I WANT!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Great, Timmer!

Peter biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I feel like, James, WHY have I not got this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ZULU - John Barry

LOUD! punk
  2. John Barry - Dances with Wolves

Fantastic score, one of the best in history of the genre. Thanks to James for reminding me to revisit an old friend.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    I feel like, James, WHY have I not got this.

Indeed. It's one of Ennio's masterpieces, yet also one of his most obscure works. Perhaps the series didn't get much attention, and it doesn't help either than the CD is impossible to find nowadays.

That said, I'd love to read a MovieWave review of this score some day. Because James rules, and also so the score can get some well-deserved attention.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Knight and Day (powell)
    Finally! but this summer continues to be a little bit dissapointing in the musical way...

Knight and day it's what all we can expect. Nothing more, nothing less. it's Mr and Mrs Smith meets the flamenco track from happy Feet and a little bit from Duplicity.

It lacks of a strong theme, and it lacks of a more cachy ryhtms that always makes powell scores great to listen. At least it has long tracks wich is a great welcome.

"Hostage" contains some interesting version of Santa Esmeralda song.

How Anthony said, 3 stars or 3 and a half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Great, I'm already bored of hearing about it..
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Great, I'm already bored of hearing about it..

I'm bored to see your name posting tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Whatever you say, fanboy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote

Do you think "fanboy" is what chiken is to McFly??? because it's not tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Knight and Day (powell)
    Finally! but this summer continues to be a little bit dissapointing in the musical way...

Knight and day it's what all we can expect. Nothing more, nothing less. it's Mr and Mrs Smith meets the flamenco track from happy Feet and a little bit from Duplicity.

It lacks of a strong theme, and it lacks of a more cachy ryhtms that always makes powell scores great to listen. At least it has long tracks wich is a great welcome.

"Hostage" contains some interesting version of Santa Esmeralda song.

How Anthony said, 3 stars or 3 and a half.

the "main theme" wich appears in his full rendition in the last track is pretty decent and sensual, when it appears it's good enough, but this doesn't happens too often.

An average score from Powell, who can compose this in his sleep. He definetly needs a change to compose something more..."transcendetal".

PS: does anyone notice Harry gregson williams' favourite synth in this score? tongue dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Apollo 13 - James Horner

Did I say, at first listen, the dialogues are annoying? Well, now I find myself playing Launch Control a lot... followed by the next brilliant track.

cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Turtle Lope by Newman from Finding Nemo, one of his better efforts
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Miya wrote

Did I say, at first listen, the dialogues are annoying? Well, now I find myself playing Launch Control a lot... followed by the next brilliant track.

cool

Download the Promo score. Without dialogue and without suited tracks. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    plindboe wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The Bread Revolt?

Probably riots due to food shortages or something. Funny title, but I'm sure it's a dramatic scene.

Peter smile

Reference to another Morricone score, Pane e liberta? What is it with Morricone and bread?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Haha. He must have been bread-malnourished as a kid.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    And "La luz prodigiosa" has a track called "Ricerca del pane", meaning "Search for bread".

Peter dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote
    Steven wrote

Do you think "fanboy" is what chiken is to McFly??? because it's not tongue

A very fanboy-like response. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Miya wrote

cool

I think it works better with the dialogue. It's not as though it plays during the music, instead it sets up more dramatic impact. In fact I'm so used to them, listening to the promo feels like there's something missing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    And exactly the reason I kept the regular release, hell, I like those songs too anyway cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Well...Finished my 4 listen of Knight and Day. How I said it's what it was supposed to be. But if I have to listen a score with the same mood I prefer Mr and Mrs Smith or Duplicity.

The tracks I enjoy most are : " Trouble on I-93", "the island of love" ," Hostage" , "bull run" , "going to cape...". I have enough with them.

NP: Eclipse (shore)

I like the mood. I like the sound. A good listening experience.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BOURNE IDENTITY - John Powell

Couple more tracks to go then I'm off cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BOURNE IDENTITY - John Powell

Great way to charge your batteries beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010 edited
    NP: How to Train Your Dragon, John Powell

(%^#^&!@%($@#&!!@!&$!!!!!!!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2010
    HeeroJF wrote
    NP: How to Train Your Dragon, John Powell

(%^#^&!@%($@#&!!@!&$!!!!!!!

Please elaborate.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    =annoying, or something like that.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    or "bloody hell, this is amazing!"

Peter smile
  3. NP: Avatar - James Horner

Moments of beauty and excitement can't belie the fact this album is too long and familiar and derivative. And yet so enjoyable. Damn you Horner!