• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011 edited
    Recital

Thursday, July 21 (20:30)

Chris Lennertz (12 min)

* ADAM

Adam's Theme
    Adam's Planetarium
    Life With Beth
    Adam Preparing / The Courtroom

* SPEAK

Speak About Anything
    The Dinner

Blake Neely (7 min)

The Pacific - "Homecoming"
    Elvis and Anabelle - "Still"
    Article of Hope -"Ilan's Theme"

Michael Kamen (11 min)

Circle of friends - "You're the One" (3:46)
    The winter guest - "Stromness" (4:07)
    Robin Hood - "Maid Marian at the Waterfall" (4:30)

Marc Timón - Jerry Goldsmith Award Winner (2010) (6 min)

Suite "Witches" for chamber orchestra

Carles Cases (15 min)

Ultramar
    Tango
    Madura
    Mauritania

Mark Isham (15 min)

The Moderns
    Afterglow
    Don't Mean A Swing, If It Ain't got That Swing (Duke Ellington)
    My One and Only Love
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2011
    Odd selections for Isham.
    Kazoo
  1. this is going to sound really good, I'm especially looking forward to Behind Enemy Lines and Mikael's piece
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2011
    Don't forget to bring your kazoo!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'll play my Kazoo here in Bristol for you. One day there'll be so many people with Kazoo's we'll be able to send 'film music messages' across the lands, it'll be like the lighting of the beacons in Lord of The Rings except street by street, county by county, boat by boat, country by country the Kazoo message will spread........
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh man. That would be great.

Love everywhere. hug
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Bregt wrote
    Oh man. That would be great.

Love everywhere. hug

I see you ( like in Avatar) in 1 day!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011
    I saw a video of Human Target live popup on my Facebook feed but it has since disappeared.

Can someone post the link as I an unable to find it on YouTube?
  2. Sorry Anthony, I can't help you with that one

And now a small report.

Back after a 5 day heat wave (going up to about 40 degrees during the day), the entire festival was one amazing experience. I've met a couple of composers, got the chance to talk to James Peterson, a Spanish composer who's talents I'll show you in a couple of weeks, and also got the honor to talk briefly to Bear McCreary, Mark Isham and Christopher Lennertz (to name but a few)

The four concerts ranged from pretty boring to pretty impressive. The recital and the Bear McCreary concert were fine, but hardly memorable considering it was mostly presenting us the calmer pieces. The second concert (the European one) was performed on a beautiful location, but for me it was the most boring one, because I hardly knew the pieces and I didn't like the style and voice of the composers anyway.

The third symphonic concert however threw every massive piece on the table, delivering a 2 hour experience that was massively enjoyable. The orchestra wasn't that good, and they definitely made a bunch of errors (Blake Neely even had to stop his performance because they were totally out of cue), but otherwise I enjoyed it immensly, because it at least sounded loud. Human Target and The Cape delivered great themes and some zany experiences, Lennertz brought us Conan the Destroyer and an amazing Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves suite, but the absolute highlight was Castlevania and most definitely the "Final Fight" cue. Boy what a brilliant piece to hear live with orchestra and choir. Definitely one of my top 10 experiences and it received by far the quickest standing ovation I have ever seen.

The final concert was the a cappella performance of the choir in a wonderful church. The performances were mostly good to great (though they once again sounded out of cue from time to time), but at least they were impressive to listen to. Mikael Carlsson's piece was by far the most emotional one (considering the Oslo experience) and Non Nobis Domine (Henry V) was simply brilliant. We even had the chance to sing with it the moment the conductor started to conduct the audience instead (which was f..king amazing)

All in all, I had a great time.

But if it wasn't for Bregt, Elin, Tino and especially Marcel and Jordi, I wouldn't have, because they made the trip so downright enjoyale. Marcel is truly one amazing guy and such a gentle soul, and Jordi is so cool and funny to talk to. Tino surprised me with his witty humor while Bregt of course made several God like miracles (THE SHOE will be my most favorite moment of the entire festival biggrin ).

Marcel and Jordi, thank you guys for one amazing experience. It looks like it will be the last Ubeda (that's what we heard when we left the final day), but I hope to see you guys a lot in the future. At least you're coming to Ghent. Elin made sure we got to know I think the entire Ubeda population and I will be forever grateful for that kiss while Tino was the excellent desert I wasn't expecting punk .

So thank you all you guys and girls smile

A quick message from Bregt, considering he forget his password to the MainTitles site (the man does everything on this site, but he can't log in face-palm-mt) I needed to tell you the following: He'll return in about a week but I had to send his godly regards nonetheless

So that was it briefly, I'm going to bed!

Ubeda RULES punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    It looks like it will be the last Ubeda (that's what we heard when we left the final day)

Um...what? uhm
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sounds like a blast! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2011 edited
    Thank you for your kind words Thomas, I really appreciate it!

Nothing more to add, as I agree on everything. It has been a wonderful, magic festival. Everybody agrees (Facebook is literally flooded with it) that this festival has been the most special of all. Glad I could share it with you, Elin, Bregt, Tino and Jordi.

Here we go
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Thanks for the great report, Thomas. Sounds like a fantastic experience!
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Great report. Gutted that I could not make it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I'm finally logging in, and I can see there is not much more to add, except that I feel so very fortunate to have been able to meet our MT gang. Bregt, Thomas and Tino I already knew of course (I mean they are my buddies, friends, confidantes etc), but 'discovering' the treasures that are Marcel and Jordi was just a blast.

All you guys rock punk

Maybe one little anecdote that Thomas forgot to mention: we made Bear McCreary an honorary Maintitles member, giving him a kazoo and asking him to use it in his next score.
    Bear promptly used the kazoo to play Stu Philips' Battlestar theme and promised to use the kazoo in the upcoming 'The walking Dead' score.
    He mentioned that he is now aware that there is an entire kazoo choir (us guys) out there that he might need for future recordings... So people, start practising those kazoo moves of yours...

It was a fabulous moment that was recorded by some people so i hope it will pop up on youtube.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2011
    Since the bestowing of the gift I have now become a consumate expert.

FACT!!!!! Green! biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I already said this to you guys.

I'm a really cool guy. A real blast. :P
  5. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    It looks like it will be the last Ubeda (that's what we heard when we left the final day)

Um...what? uhm

Marcel said it could be possible it would be the last time the festival was held in Ubeda. Names like Malaga were mentioned as a possible new venue. But just before we left, Jordi said it could be that there would be no more festival held at all in the future, due to organization problems, politics and such

so, we'll have to see whether that will be the case or not
  6. Skating_Lientje wrote
    Maybe one little anecdote that Thomas forgot to mention: we made Bear McCreary an honorary Maintitles member, giving him a kazoo and asking him to use it in his next score.
    Bear promptly used the kazoo to play Stu Philips' Battlestar theme and promised to use the kazoo in the upcoming 'The walking Dead' score.
    He mentioned that he is now aware that there is an entire kazoo choir (us guys) out there that he might need for future recordings... So people, start practising those kazoo moves of yours...

It was a fabulous moment that was recorded by some people so i hope it will pop up on youtube.

Elin

I indeed forgot to mention that shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Um...what? uhm

Marcel said it could be possible it would be the last time the festival was held in Ubeda. Names like Malaga were mentioned as a possible new venue.

MALAGA!!!
    punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Um...what? uhm

Marcel said it could be possible it would be the last time the festival was held in Ubeda. Names like Malaga were mentioned as a possible new venue.

MALAGA!!!
    punk

it would be a lot easier, that's for sure
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I know Malaga, it would make it loads easier for people who are put off by being stuck in the middle of nowhere.

On a purely selfish level it's a great jump off point for me to go hiking. cool
  8. Timmer wrote
    I know Malaga, it would make it loads easier for people who are put off by being stuck in the middle of nowhere.

then Bregt will definitely join you, he was the only crazy one who wanted to do a picnic under the blazing sun, just because he said it would be cool to be surrounded by olive trees face-palm-mt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Um...what? uhm

MALAGA!!!
    punk

I was talking about one of my sources and she told me :

- Blake will be the conductor of the next festival and it would be , probably, in Malaga.

smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote

then Bregt will definitely join you, he was the only crazy one who wanted to do a picnic under the blazing sun, just because he said it would be cool to be surrounded by olive trees face-palm-mt

...and I thought it was just mad dogs and Englishmen biggrin wink
  9. Nautilus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Um...what? uhm

MALAGA!!!
    punk

I was talking about one of my sources and she told me :

- Blake will be the conductor of the next festival and it would be , probably, in Malaga.

smile

cool, would make it definitely a lot easier
    keep us posted smile
  10. Timmer wrote

Now that would be a great holiday - as long as no camping was involved!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
    Nautilus wrote

smile

You know what?
    It suddenly seems a LOT more likely I will attend next year! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote

Hmmmm...it's...OK, I would say.
    I like the city (know a great fish restaurant there!)....but as far as hiking goes, once you've seen the citadel, that's pretty much it, I think.

Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

...and I thought it was just mad dogs and Englishmen biggrin wink

Bregt "mad dog" de Lange...

Hm.
    I dunno.

Bregt "Kazoo" de Lange.
    yeah punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2011
    McCreary receiving the official MainTitles kazoo, and playing it!