• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Martijn wrote
    I didn't have spotify either. I installed it specifically to accomodate my dear and grateful friends.
    It cost me a day and a half, two hard drives, a keyboard, a monitor (I hurled through the room in mad frustration. Ah yes, and two hamsters. My aim was true.), a full re-installation of Windows 7 which kept upgrading to Windows 10 so I had to redo it four times and the final complete abolition from my life of all things electronic entirely.

I am projecting these words by my sheer mental power, while playing the soundtrack to Star Wars on my acoustic guitar.

punk

Ah yes, John Williams the guitarist as I know him.

Good to see you here too M. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2016 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Very easy...but I fear it would clutter the board, so I need to think about a hyperlink construction.
    I'll get back to you!

OK, so in an attempt to go beyond a mre artists/song list, I uploaded my playlists to Spotify (which was an absolute nightmare, but never mind).
    From some preliminary tests I gather some 50% is available in the Spotify databases (hence playable)...for the rest you'd be able to see the name/artist (I guess?) but not actually play the song.

So, here we go:
    - Martijn's 1950s playlist on Spotify
    - Martijn's 1960s playlist on Spotify
    - Martijn's 1970s playlist on Spotify
    - Martijn's 1980s playlist on Spotify
    - Martijn's 1990s playlist on Spotify
    - Martijn's 2000s playlist on Spotify
    - Martijn's 2010s playlist on Spotify

Fingers crossed this works. smile

Much appreciated, I shall peruse and listen. I hope you got as far as Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack before you ruined all your fingers and guitar strings, or is your guitar a burnt out wreck now?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2016
    Rock & Roll (I Gave You the Best Years of My Life)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2016 edited
    NP: THE LION KING: ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING (Hans Zimmer/Elton John/Mark Mancina etc.)

The only Zimmer I have which is technically not a film score, even if it's based on one. I like several of the new songs here; some goosebumpy beauty in new songs like "They Live in You", "Shadowland" and "Endless Night". I wanted to see this longrunning Julie Taymour show when I was in New York two years ago (although I was worried about attending a "kiddie" show as an adult man without company), but it was too expensive, so I ended up with the ROCKY musical instead, where I was hit on by a gay man sitting next to me.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2016
    I don't have a playlist. I merely choose what CD I want to listen to. If I did the 40's followed by the 19th century would be the two most popular.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016
    Part of the Living Stereo material I got yesterday from where I work also included a Vox Box (2CD) of Grieg instrumental material. It is performed nicely by the Utah Symphony conducted by Abravanel. Grieg is easy to listen to and sooo melodic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2016
    Today I'm spending time with some of the great classical marches and I'm enjoying it. This is another CD in the Living Stereo Series and actually one of the very first, recorded in 1958.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016
    A new reference recording of Tchaikovsky's 6th symphony 'Pathetique' that in his words the greatest work he ever composed. The sound is superb.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2016
    NP: BROKEN CHINA (Richard Wright)

Great album. Bits of prog, bits of instrumental (sorta film music), bits of art pop -- too bad Wright never made another solo album after this (1996).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016
    Am watching a movie called Goodnight Mommy and wondering if any of you have seen it.
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    Am watching a movie called Goodnight Mommy and wondering if any of you have seen it.
    Tom smile

No I haven't. Was there a reason for putting it in this thread Tom?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

Sorry Tom, no I'd never even heard of it until you mentioned it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2016 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Tom smile

Yes, I've seen it. Although some of the intrigue and shock value were a bit forced (the directors - Veronika Franz & Severin Fiala - are clearly trying to approach the style of the film's producer, Ulrich Seidl [who also happens to be Franz' husband], who again is very much inspired by Michael Haneke in his work), I did enjoy the atmosphere and general grittiness of it.

I wrote a short review of the film here (in Norwegian):

http://montages.no/2015/01/insisterende … ght-mommy/

...and also talked about it in my interview with Seidl here (translated to Norwegian):

http://montages.no/2015/03/vi-har-alle- … im-keller/

If you're interested, you can put them through Google Translate.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. NP: Electronica 2 The Heart Of Noise (2016) - Jean-Michel Jarre

The CD arrived today.
    Enchanting. This project shows Jarre on top of his game.

cool Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Electronica 2 The Heart Of Noise (2016) - Jean-Michel Jarre

The CD arrived today.

cool Volker

I've deliberately tried to stay away from the facebook updates and the online samples, as I want to have both volumes in CD format and listen properly then, but I've obviously heard a lot of the stuff already. While the Zimmer track was fairly underwhelming, the Pet Shop Boys was awesome!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: TALES OF THE INEXPRESSIBLE (Shpongle)

Didn't manage to find anyone going out today (most people are away on holiday), so I'm staying home with some red wine and listening to this gorgeous, laidback electronica.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: TALES OF THE INEXPRESSIBLE (Shpongle)

Didn't manage to find anyone going out today (most people are away on holiday), so I'm staying home with some red wine and listening to this gorgeous, laidback electronica.

Yup! Me like Shpongle a lot too. ( check em out Lee, I think it'll be up your street too. )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've already come up with a sequel for "Goodnight Mommy." The mother doesn't die in the fire but is badly burned. What is the fate of Elias?
  4. Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Electronica 2 The Heart Of Noise (2016) - Jean-Michel Jarre

The CD arrived today.

cool Volker

I've deliberately tried to stay away from the facebook updates and the online samples, as I want to have both volumes in CD format and listen properly then, but I've obviously heard a lot of the stuff already. While the Zimmer track was fairly underwhelming, the Pet Shop Boys was awesome!

Agreed on both tracks.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016
    A new release of some interest to those who like a western flavor to their music is "Under Western Skies" performed by Grand Valley State University.
  5. A recommendation for Tom:

NIRVANA - NEVERMIND

Fantastic instant classic grunge rock ! punk

I'm just kidding, Tom. wink
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016
    Surely even Tom knows who Nirvana are?
  6. I wouldn't bet on it. If I ask that question to our newest member it will be something along the lines of... Who confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016
    Sigur Ros - ( )

Incredible album.

And while we are it, something equally good (and new:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3QW8PVyyNM
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2016
    I'm in the same boat as Robert I fear
  7. That's no problem... Those songs aren't exactly easy listening. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2016 edited
    Piano Concerto No. 2 Rachmaninoff

The fact that this piece of music was not included on the Voyager spacecraft is a major oversight as far as I'm concerned.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2016
    Steven wrote
    Piano Concerto No. 2 Rachmaninoff

The fact that this piece of music was not included on the Voyager spacecraft is a major oversight as far as I'm concerned.

What did they include and who decided it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Without Googling it, as far as I remember it was a committee headed by Carl Sagan (since he was a major player in the Voyager missions).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    As for the pieces of music, I distinctly remember reading the list and not seeing this particular piece of music. I'm hard pressed to recall what they did include though. To the Google mobile!