• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    I mostly blame Jim Steinman and his truly hideous songs.

No way ! That's the pairing that gives me goosebumps.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016 edited
    BJORK - vulnicura

Orchestral strings with deep-sounding clever, modern electronica, make the fantastically complex music for this mesmerizing album. I think it was about her painful parting with her ex-partner of many years and it shows. Lyrics are deep and sometimes a bit disturbing. Not for the faint of heart who don't like melancholic songs. Overall a very sentimental and strong album.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016
    might be one to listen to
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016 edited
    I certainly would love to hear your opinions on Bjork wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016
    Timmer wrote

I wonder where he could describe his experience? Nope. Can't think of a place.
  2. Listening to it now on Spotify. Very interesting in a purely positive sense. Some progressive roots here and - as Demetris said - modern electronica.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2016
    Timmer wrote

I have an opinion.
    Shall I expound?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. NP: The Best of Space (2009)

14 remastered tracks composed by Didier Marouani who also went by the name of Ecama back in the day. The style is best described as disco electronica, comparable to Moroder. As the structure of this music is rather simple it can become boring if stretched too long. Even the signature track "Magic Fly" is a bit long at 4:30 minutes. Over all it's a nice dive into the sound of yesteryear.

smile Volker
  4. IRON MAIDEN - The Book of Souls

Fantastic ! This is their best album since Brave New World from 2000. The guys have done it again. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. 70s disco

D.I.S.C.O. / Daddy Cool / A Walk in the Park / Born to be Alive / Automatic Lover / YMCA / Trojan Horse / Black is Black / From Here to Eternity / I Lost My Heart to a Starship Trooper / Dear John / Shame Shame Shame / I can't Stand the Rain / Disco Stomp / In Zaire / Kung Fu Fighting ...

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2016 edited
    NP: RABBIT & ROGUE (Original Ballet Score) - Danny Elfman

To me, this is infinitely more interesting than his Alice Through the Looking Glass score. "Frolic" is Gershwin-esque.
  6. NP: Long Ambient 1: Calm. Sleep Moby

A four hour long selection of ambient music that Moby gives away for free. Might be something for Thor.

smile Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2016
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Long Ambient 1: Calm. Sleep Moby

A four hour long selection of ambient music that Moby gives away for free. Might be something for Thor.

smile Volker

Moby is hit and miss to me, but I'm aware of his "free" music library. Been meaning to check it for some time. I believe he's also made some of 'wannabe film music' of his available that way (that was once available on the I LIKE TO SCORE album, if memory serves).
    I am extremely serious.
  7. The final song of Heat (film version) by Moby is a stunner.

I also like his remixed song for Tomorrow Never Dies.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    The final song of Heat (film version) by Moby is a stunner.

You mean The James Bond Theme.

Why do some of you still call instrumentals songs?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I gave up that fight long ago. As always, it's a choice of making friends or being right.
  8. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    The final song of Heat (film version) by Moby is a stunner.

You mean The James Bond Theme.

Why do some of you still call instrumentals songs?

Well yes it's a remix of the James Bond theme but it has vocals and it plays like a song and not an instrumental version of the theme, so I call it a song.

You may now go ahead and sue me ...

I'm just kidding Tim. tongue
  9. Steven wrote
    I gave up that fight long ago. As always, it's a choice of making friends or being right.

Well am I right to say that we'll never be friends?
  10. Steven wrote
    As always, it's a choice of making friends or being right.

Speaking from experience? wink
  11. The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recording - John Coltrane

Wonderful. One of my favorite albums.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016
    NP : LED ZEPPELIN II - Led Zeppelin

I fancied some heavy blues rock and I haven't heard this for years! Properly awesome and brilliant.
  12. NP: Deja Vu (2015) - Giorgio Moroder

Got this today. The king of Eurodance as cool as ever. Great easy listening.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've only heard the Kylie Minogue track which was damned catchy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Deja Vu (2015) - Giorgio Moroder

Got this today. The king of Eurodance as cool as ever. Great easy listening.

Volker

Haven't picked it up physically, but I like what I've heard on Spotify etc.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016 edited
    NP: RATTLE THAT LOCK (David Gilmour)

This was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got back home from the short film festival just now. On the second track; it's pretty good. The opening of the album is pretty film music-ey.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2016
    J. Flaherty wrote
    The Complete 1961 Village Vanguard Recording - John Coltrane

Wonderful. One of my favorite albums.

Coltrane was one of my favorite sax players along with Parker, Getz, Mulligan, Konitz.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  13. NP:
    Timewind (1975) - Klaus Schulze
    Albedo 0.39 (1976) - Vangelis
    Oxygen (1976) - Jean Michel Jarre

Man, for me this will always be the sound of the future!

Volker
  14. sdtom wrote
    Coltrane was one of my favorite sax players along with Parker, Getz, Mulligan, Konitz.
    Tom

Mulligan and Konitz are new to me. I'll have to check them out.
  15. NP: POND: Die größten Hits (Greatest Hits) (2008)

POND is a synth music duo that formed in 1978 in Eastern Germany. Their records were released on the state owned AMIGA label. The style is somewhere in between Vangelis and Moroder.
    Apart from rather simply structured synth pop they also adapted classical music for synthesizers. Most famous is "Pictures at an Exhibition". A work that was also adapted for electronic equipment by Tomita.

Volker
  16. NP: Perplexagon (2016) - Kebu

Second album of Finnish synth artist Kebu. Nothing revolutionary new but nice enough. And with his vintage equipment and recording devices he just nails the sound I love.

smile Volker