• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2012
    And it will stay in your head for weeks, constantly playing; when you try to listen to other music; when you go to work; when you eat dinner; when you lay awake at night; when you finally manage to cry yourself to sleep.

You're welcome.

Peter wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    omg cry
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rescue is on the way!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Rescue is on the way!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! sweet relief. spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    That was an old song,
    here is my favourite from Eurovision song contest....though it was for Francehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79UN3mfI3j8

But i loved that song, still got it on an old tape, it was before 1984 sometime.

Ute
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    oops did it wrong , lets try again: France
    •  
      CommentAuthorutelark
    oh hurray it worked, sorry i like it when i do something new and it works, haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    Holst orchestral works a new release from Naxos.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2012 edited
    THE CRANBERRIES - BURY THE HATCHET

Such a very emotional album full of great songs. The song writing and Dolores' voice was at their best here.

The song 'Fee Fi Fo' is one of their very best. The lyrics are about the abuse of a child by an adult. It made me think of the movie 'Trust' and made me very emotional, I cried. cry
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. Don Quixote Strauss

At turns playful, intimate and dramatic, a brilliant piece of music!
  2. Dvoƙák in Prague

Brilliant music, brilliant performances. A recording of the 1993 concert in Prague, The Boston Symphony is stunning with beautiful solos by Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman, a real treat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012
    NP: RHYTHM IN MOTION (Various)

1961 jazz album featuring various upbeat, big band standards, performed and arranged by John Williams and his orchestra. It's swingin' and cool, although I do prefer more funky and/or gritty stuff. It's a little too fluffy for my taste.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2012
    NP : SYMPHONY # 9 - Philip Glass

My first listen...
    :like:
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012
    NP: BOULT CONDUCTS HOLST. While I'm familiar with the composer and the particular compositions I'm very impressed with Boult. He along with the orchestra know the material well. The CD includes Fugal Overture, Somerset Rhapsody, Beni Mora, Hammersmith, Scherzo, and Japanese Suite.
    Tom smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012
    sdtom wrote
    NP: BOULT CONDUCTS HOLST. While I'm familiar with the composer and the particular compositions I'm very impressed with Boult. He along with the orchestra know the material well. The CD includes Fugal Overture, Somerset Rhapsody, Beni Mora, Hammersmith, Scherzo, and Japanese Suite.
    Tom smile

He would know the material very well, he was good friends with both Holst and Vaughan Williams.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012
    He did an excellent job on this recording. All the works are highly recommended.
    Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2012
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/07/08/t … sainton-2/
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2012
    Continuing my investigation of Sainton with a listen to his Nadir and The Dream of the Marionette.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012

Excellent! I'm cooking a Sunday roast dinner right now and Philip Glass is a great accompanament to cooking preparations eat
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012
    NP: REPTILE (Eric Clapton)

Smooth blues listening while a friend and I prepare for one last, EASY night on the (home)town before I head back to Oslo tomorrow morning. It's from my dad's CD collection, but I like it too.
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Not my favourite, but a great album. I love Pilgrim to bits.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. NP: 'Drumming' (Steve Reich)

Have been listening to this hypnotic masterpiece today. Would love as a filmmaker to build some elaborate cinematic setpieces around music like this.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012
    NP: STAN KENTON CONDUCTS THE LA NEOPHONIC ORCHESTRA (various)

Cool, 60's big band jazz meets contemporary classical, including a mesmerizing "Prelude and Fugue" by John Williams. And nice pieces by Russel Garcia, Hugo Montenegro, Allyn Ferguson etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Serenada Schizophrana Elfman

Haven't listened to this in ages, I think it's absolutely brilliant, would love to hear Elfman write more concert music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: 'Drumming' (Steve Reich)

Have been listening to this hypnotic masterpiece today. Would love as a filmmaker to build some elaborate cinematic setpieces around music like this.

:like: beer

NP : MGV - Michael Nyman

Stupendous!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012
    John Chambers wrote
    Serenada Schizophrana Elfman

Haven't listened to this in ages, I think it's absolutely brilliant, would love to hear Elfman write more concert music.

He's written a few bits, like THE OVEREAGER OVERTURE (unreleased). And programmatic music for ballets, theatre etc.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. NP: Eidelon (Nervous Doll Dancing)

Quite a striking cello-led instrumental album. Quiet impressionist pieces. I want more film music to feel like this these days -- there just isn't enough of it. Would fit well into the ECM recording label ethos (and this may in fact be an ECM release) but it's a bit more emotionally warm than a lot of those.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012 edited
    NP : GREATEST HITS - Blood, Sweat & Tears

Perfect Sunday music.

You've Made Me So Very Happy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012
    Timmer wrote

Excellent! I'm cooking a Sunday roast dinner right now and Philip Glass is a great accompanament to cooking preparations eat

Glad that his music has a significant function for you Tim
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2012 edited
    I've just spent the last few hours reading a book in my lushly green garden in the blazing sunshine listening to music that is truly from the gods...

LA MER
    CLAIRE DE LUNE
    LA CATHERDRALE ENGLOUTIE
    PETIT SUIT
    PAGODES

all by Claude Debussy

SYMPHONY # 3 'PASTORAL'
    SYMPHONY # 5
    A NORFOLK RHAPSODY

all by Ralph Vaughan Williams

BLISS! love