• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012
    PawelStroinski wrote
    And obviously I meant Heaven and HELL not EARTH

Easy mistake, I think I did exactly the same the last time I NP'd it wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ON THE LAST FRONTIER - Einojuhani Rautavaara

A truly AWESOME work, very deep and very dark and very moody orchestral/choral work, I absolutely LOVE IT but I know from experience that this complex work isn't to everyones taste.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. What's with the "part oo"?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    What's with the "part oo"?

It's meant to be the infinity sign, this thread is very slow moving and I don't see the point in having it in (eventual) parts.
  2. Ah, OK.

BTW, Tim, judging by my most recent plays in this thread and the NP one, you can imagine why I haven't been in the mood for classical music for a long time. My life takes me in different paths musically now smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Ah, OK.

BTW, Tim, judging by my most recent plays in this thread and the NP one, you can imagine why I haven't been in the mood for classical music for a long time. My life takes me in different paths musically now smile

I'm not sure what you mean? You'll have to spell it out, I'm not a mindreader.

Personally my tastes have always been ecclectic, I go with whatever takes my mood. If I just listened to nothing but Film scores and classical music it would drive me nuts, I need pop, jazz, electronica etc etc.
  3. I thought that it was meant to be the sign for infinity. But it is just two "o"s.

Personalised number plates with numbers that are meant to be letters bug me too!

At least look through the character map to see if there is the proper sign! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I thought that it was meant to be the sign for infinity. But it is just two "o"s.

Personalised number plates with numbers that are meant to be letters bug me too!

At least look through the character map to see if there is the proper sign! wink

If you know how to put that symbol up please tell me? smile And yes, those personalised plates bug me too.
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    Timmer wrote
    If you know how to put that symbol up please tell me? smile And yes, those personalised plates bug me too.

Should be "& # 8734" without the quotes or spaces
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice try Josh but nope!
    • CommentAuthorJoshL
    Odd. It's working when I edit the html from the main page on my local computer. Let me test something... &#8734...nope, definitely not working. So the board doesn't use all standard html?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012
    Thanks for trying though beer
  4. NP: Cut the World (Antony and the Johnsons)

An orchestral accompaniment to Antony's remarkable voice. There's a lot of emotion here, and it seems to be sweeping me away this week. 'The Rapture' is amazing.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Cut the World (Antony and the Johnsons)

An orchestral accompaniment to Antony's remarkable voice. There's a lot of emotion here, and it seems to be sweeping me away this week. 'The Rapture' is amazing.

A very special talent IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/l … n-of-note/

a little dance music
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012 edited
    VANGELIS - HIMALAYA

lovely footage set to the Vangelis piece Himalaya from his album CHINA. I recognised quite a few of the locations used, if you look at the video from 9 mins 54 secs you'll see a large building on the left where I actually stayed and slept in numerous times, it's a tiny town called Tangboche.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012
    Timmer wrote
    VANGELIS - HIMALAYA

lovely footage set to the Vangelis piece Himalaya from his album CHINA. I recognised quite a few of the locations used, if you look at the video from 9 mins 54 secs you'll see a large building on the left where I actually stayed and slept in numerous times, it's a tiny town called Tangboche.

Cool! Now THAT'S a room with a view!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote
    VANGELIS - HIMALAYA

Cool! Now THAT'S a room with a view!

Not the very first time I was there, it was so thick in cloud it was difficult finding the building. wink I have some fantastic pictures ( when it cleared ) which I must show sometime .....as I've promised for the last millenia shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No worries. I know how cumbersome it is to look through hundreds of slides and transfer them to proper media. I've been asking my dad about the same thing for ages (especially all the slides he took in my childhood), but he keeps procrastinating for a variety of reasons. While I was home now, I looked through some of them (I held them up towards a lamp) and there were some real gems there. My dad was a mountain hiker/glacier guide etc. in his youth, he even took his geology degree inside Svalbard caves, so there were some superb mountain shots from the 60's and onwards there.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really? How fascinating. I'd like to see some of those pics ( one day wink ).

p.s. I hope those slides are stored away well?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    NP : SYMPHONY # 7 'ANTARTICA' - Ralph Vaughan Williams

A great film score becomes a great symphony, those who know me know this is one of my all time favourite works, I've possibly listened to this more than I have for any other orchestral work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    NP:HAMLET OVERTURE-Felix Woyrsch

This is yet another version of Hamlet to add to my collection. I would rate it as very vigorous and active compared to many others. Still not close to my favorite which is the Tchaikovsky.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2012
    sdtom wrote
    NP:HAMLET OVERTURE-Felix Woyrsch

This is yet another version of Hamlet to add to my collection. I would rate it as very vigorous and active compared to many others. Still not close to my favorite which is the Tchaikovsky.

I'm guessing your favourite film score version is Shostakovitch?
  5. A radio station which plays classical music (from Vivaldi up to Prokofiev) combined with some classic film music themes (again, from Nino Rota through Star Wars to The Artist; most recent film theme to my own shock happened to be the main title to Band of Brothers, one of my modern favourites). Because now I'm going to read a book, I will listen to some film music (which I'll put in the correct thread).

The station, a major one and available in the whole country does great job in promoting film music, what makes me very happy is the fact that my parents also enjoy listening to it quite a lot. While I don't really listen to radio, this station made me turn the radio on on more than one occasion.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
    NP : RUBBER SOUL - The Beatles

One of my favourite Beatles albums cool
  6. I haven't heard THOSE guys for ages!

Part of my childhood memories. It's one of the first bands I remember loving. I remember having arguments with my brother when I was telling him that The Beatles are better than Roxette. Then it all went downhill. My music tastes literally went chronologically from Roxette to The Beatles, to Backstreet Boys (I kid you not, luckily it took merely a year) to Hans Zimmer biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
    Timmer wrote

One of my very favourite Beatles songs (one of fifty or so dizzy )is on there.
    When Harrison is good, he is so very, very good. love
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. NP: Drumming (steve reich)

Hypnotic. Entrancing.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

One of my very favourite Beatles songs (one of fifty or so dizzy )is on there.
    When Harrison is good, he is so very, very good. love

I so agree with you Martijn, Harrison was an incredible talent.
  8. Just listened to Go Do by Jonsi. After the song in HtTYD and the songs in WE BOUGHT A ZOO I think I like Jonsi a lot. Anyone know this guy / band? Have any recommendations for albums or songs I should start with?