• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Taking a break from Spider Man, I just finished Horner's Beyond Borders. What a lovely, eclectic score that was. I like the Chechnya section the most for obvious reasons.
  2. EPICS - ERICH KUNZEL COND. CINCINNATI POPS ORCHESTRA

While I sometimes prefer the original version (Gladiator for instance) this is a fine compilation that puts a different spin on the timeless (or maybe not quite) classics from before and after I got into film music. I prefer other Kunzel releases such as 'The Big Picture' or 'The Great Fantasy Adventure Album', but listening to this doesn't mean I'm wasting my time. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    LEGENDS OF THE FALL - HORNER

Not quickly forgotten, this one... love

I was very tempted but opted for this instead...

NP : THE PERFECT STORM - James Horner

love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote

love

Fantastic score, one of my favourites from the composer.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    bhangra
    bhangra

Can dances we still canz cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

love

For me it is the last truly excellent one he has done, but The Four Feathers comes close to that quality.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    bhangra
    bhangra

Can dances we still canz cool

biggrin

DreamTheater wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

love

For me it is the last truly excellent one he has done, but The Four Feathers comes close to that quality.

Along with Enemy at the Gates. I was relistening this one the other day and has I love it (yes, Danger Motif™ included).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Nah, can't enjoy that one, except for that opening 15 minute monster.

Erik Woods did a great suite and I'll stick to that. punk
  5. NP: The Divide - Jean-Pierre Taïeb

There's a definite feel of John Murphy's Sunshine in this one, especially in tracks such as "One Way To Life".
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

love

Seriously? That was 12 years ago. He's written plenty of great ones since...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2012
    "Fire and Fury" from Starcraft II is quite possibly the worst temp track rip-off I've ever heard. Every time I listen to it when it randomly comes up in my shuffling, I forget what it is and think I am listening to Transformers. The first 90 seconds are almost a bar-for-bar copy of the middle section of "Arrival to Earth".
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  7. Scribe wrote
    "Fire and Fury" from Starcraft II is quite possibly the worst temp track rip-off I've ever heard. Every time I listen to it when it randomly comes up in my shuffling, I forget what it is and think I am listening to Transformers. The first 90 seconds are almost a bar-for-bar copy of the middle section of "Arrival to Earth".

Hehe, I have the exact same reaction. But I don't think think this is a temp track thing, I just don't see this possible in video games.
  8. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

love

Seriously? That was 12 years ago. He's written plenty of great ones since...

Well we all have our Horner favourites, let's just say mine are during the 80s and 90s, and plenty of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Demetris wrote
    N.P. HANS ZIMMER - Dark Knight Rises

The trailer music of the fourth trailer is a combination of parts from track 3. Gotham's Reckoning and Bane's material from track 13. Imagine The Fire. Glad i found this.

Also, the more i listen to the score, the more themes and usage of them i discover, the more i find myself understanding what Zimmer did, and appreciating it. Some passages are truly massive and i imagine them in combination with Nolan's imaginative camerawork and breathtaking visuals, the end-result must be nothing short of stunning.

The Catwoman theme is "Mind If I Cut In?"

The piano thingy?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  9. The tambourine, the piano motif and the string motif.

The tambourine and the ascending motif return in Nothing Out There as a sort of harbinger or something.

In fact:

Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises

When I get into the details of the more delicate music (among others, Nothing Out There) there is more than a bit of intelligence to what is mostly a throwback to early days of Zimmer's music (Black Rain, Backdraft, Crimson Tide, a bit of The Fan in On Thin Ice). Mind If I Cut In may be just one of my personally favourite tracks from Hans, so yeah, I like it quite a lot.

Gotham's Reckoning has a theme quite similar to one of Lord of the Rings theme, repeated in Imagine the Fire.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I imagined, that piano cue is a sneaky as a female cat lurking wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE QUILLER MEMORANDUM - John Barry

A very creepy score for 1960's cold war thriller set in Berlin starring Harrison Ford. I like it.
  10. Back to Spider Man, I've been playing "I Can't See You Anymore" more or less non-stop. Poignant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Jason and the Argonauts (TV) - Simon Boswell

Flipping through my collection this morning I found this obscure score. Forgot I owned it. Thought I should play it at least once. shocked Holy moly! What a score! Huge themes, mammoth action cues, gorgeous love theme! Highly recommended!

Buy it HERE!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SEVEN YEARS IN A BED - John Williams

Superb!
  11. ^

Whaaaaa ...... cheesy dizzy

Just got STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE in the mailbox and decided to start things of with disc 3. Quite interesting to hear these alternates. It's like a perfectly fine sequenced album in itself. I'll listen to disc 2 another day, and keep the full score for last. Anyway, what a glorious package this has turned out to be. The booklet is extensive and must be a great read on a rainy day. Glad I didn't skip this. beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Gilles......
  12. Very true!

The rough takes and synthesizer only recordings are tremendous fun. Very cool to hear the main title synth backing without the rest of the mix. cool

THELMA & LOUISE - HANS ZIMMER

A different beast, but such a lovely creature, this very melodic Zimmer. Those guitars are just perfect for one of my favourite movies, a real Ridley Scott classic. The score release was long overdue, too long.
  13. Giving THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN a proper listen for the first time. I'd heard the first half but hadn't listened to the rest yet. "Metamorphosis" is very impressive.
  14. Hans Zimmer - Frost/Nixon

I really like this one. One of the best Zimmer works since Da Vinci Code. Of course, it's way better in the movie than DVC is.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote
    ^

Whaaaaa ...... cheesy dizzy

Just got STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE in the mailbox and decided to start things of with disc 3. Quite interesting to hear these alternates. It's like a perfectly fine sequenced album in itself. I'll listen to disc 2 another day, and keep the full score for last. Anyway, what a glorious package this has turned out to be. The booklet is extensive and must be a great read on a rainy day. Glad I didn't skip this. beer

So glad you didn't! beer
    And the extensive booklet is rich with informative tidbits (almost worth placing in hotel drawers*).

* My apologies to any religious folk who took offence to that reference. Just a joke, OK.
  15. NP: Dracula (John Williams)

I finally found it - so first listen right now and.... Wow!! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Maximilien Mathevon wrote
    NP: Dracula (John Williams)

I finally found it - so first listen right now and.... Wow!! lick

Yeah, brilliant score and one that could do with a deluxe rerelease.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The Dark Knight Rises - Hans Zimmer

I listen to this score at least once a day. Love it.