• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKri1985
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2013
    Pawel i am sorry for the day when i added you for a second as "friend" on facebook. Seriously you should be shamed on your behaviour. I will remember on this what you just wrote up there you bet! The way you are talking seriously.....is an absolute shame and tells all about you. I have no idea how you can call yourself a man to write such words in a forum, but just feel shame of yourself entirelly.
  1. shocked Whoops!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I am... entertained.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    popcorn
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Kri1985 wrote
    Pawel i am sorry for the day when i added you for a second as "friend" on facebook. Seriously you should be shamed on your behaviour. I will remember on this what you just wrote up there you bet! The way you are talking seriously.....is an absolute shame and tells all about you. I have no idea how you can call yourself a man to write such words in a forum, but just feel shame of yourself entirelly.

All I'm going to say is that it's not the best place for you to reply to this. I am not getting any deeper into anything, because there actually people reading these discussions. Had you actually read some of this forum, you'd actually know that while my language was far from the best (I can assure you that I was looking for a better word, but couldn't find anything... yes, precise enough) and people would be far more delicate... I'm far from the only one.

And I'll leave it at that. So please, release all your vitriol you want on me. Whatever I had to say about you, I have already said.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    For Greater Glory - J Horner

I felt I had to. Enjoying it.
  3. I wish I could.

THat said, I went through a long Horner period recently and listened to some of my favourites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Kri1985 wrote

All I'm going to say is that it's not the best place for you to reply to this. I am not getting any deeper into anything, because there actually people reading these discussions. Had you actually read some of this forum, you'd actually know that while my language was far from the best (I can assure you that I was looking for a better word, but couldn't find anything... yes, precise enough) and people would be far more delicate... I'm far from the only one.

And I'll leave it at that. So please, release all your vitriol you want on me. Whatever I had to say about you, I have already said.

Pawel, that earlier remark was uncalled for.

I don't know what the history between you two is, but please don't bring it back to MainTitles.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    aww... sad
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Yeah, I acted purely on emotions and I should control myself more.

I apologize to everyone for this, it was uncalled for and stupid on my side. Not that I've ever been a subtle writer, but still. That was very uncalled for and I behaved like a stupid idiot. I am very sorry and will try to control myself more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    A warning - or a hint. I am removing from my Facebook news feed people who are pathologically enthusiastic on Man of Steel, particularly if they are still pathologically enthusiastic after having listened to the score.

Several dozen gushing comments on the score followed by the initiation of another post leading to several dozen more gushing comments on the score is something that I can do without.

crazy

how about unfriend or even better - block the annoying ones?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Music Not From Man of Steel - Brian Kilkline

There's some interesting stuff here but I'm not really sure about that surprise Blu Ray Audio bonus disc with "Brian's Original Sketchbook (aka Unpolished Turd)" - I just checked and it lasts for 13 days!

Could you please re-link to the review?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Perhaps the reported but false score rejection wouldn't have been all bad. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You're right my friend; i vote Bregt for the next Dalai Lama
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Kri1985 wrote

Pawel, that earlier remark was uncalled for.

I don't know what the history between you two is, but please don't bring it back to MainTitles.

No! angry
  5. "Gladiator" (rejected 1992 boxing film score)
    By Jerry Goldsmith

I received the Intrada release in trade a couple days ago and got to listening to it all the way today. The depth and clarity from the remastering done by Bruce Botnick, brings new life to the score, shines upon previusly hidden detials, and opens up instruments which had previously ben muffled or lost in the piss-poor bootlet we were plagued with for years. A great score, a great release.

My initial comparrison to the boot, can be founds over at JGOnline's forums.

It's just anothyer sad reminded that, sans ever getting his rejected scores that we've never heard before like "The Public Eye", that we'll never hear a new Goldsmith score again. :-(
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    justin boggan wrote
    "Gladiator"

Exactly!
  6. Captain Future wrote
    OK

NP: A Beautiful Mind (2001) - James Horner

First spin. Never saw the film. Seems to be quite nice!

Volker

Quite nice? It's only the best score he's ever written to the best film ever made. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2013
    NP: Man of Steel - Zimz

Well, thoughts and feelings are mixed. It has its moments but ...

One thing I know for sure is that if I played Zimmer's take on Superman in the background my wife would tolerate it. Even like some of it!
    But if I played Williams classic masterpiece she would demand I "turn off that brass band"! Followed by "you know I hate Star Wars!". Grrrr!
  7. Southall wrote

It sucks that Broxton never reviewed this. If anyone could speak up for this score, it would be him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Time for a divorce!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Erik Woods wrote
    Time for a divorce!

-Erik-

LOL! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Southall wrote

It sucks that Broxton never reviewed this. If anyone could speak up for this score, it would be him.

Well, I reviewed it (and spoke up for it!)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    aww... sad

explode <--popcorn slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    You're right my friend; i vote Bregt for the next Dalai Lama

I don't see why not? He's already the kaliff, the Ayatollah, a rampant lesbian, Buddha and Mohamed so he might as well be dalai lama too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think he's also the peace-loving Liverpudlian Afghan warlord Mullah Kintyre.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    I think he's also the peace-loving Liverpudlian Afghan warlord Mullah Kintyre.

Fact!

Neither of us can list all his titles.....unless you have a spare 4 days 7 hours and 35 minutes available.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    If you had that much time then you could listen to Music From Man of Steel - including the bonus tracks!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I could but I'm too busy cementing my hands to the back of a lorry full of condemned meat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall