• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    What's Macgyver?

Oh my. Whatever will Patty and Selma say?

MacGyver. MacGyver. MACGYVER.

"Aunt Selma has one hour to live!"

Somewhere, somebody is wondering what the fuck we are talking about.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. So I just saw Gravity on DVD.

* Extraordinary visuals, even on DVD / Tube TV
    * Great story, because kept simple
    * Sandra Bullock love
    * That score in context is a revelation!

This is Ryan Stone to ground control, I'm stepping through the door
    And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
    And the stars look very different today
    Here am I sitting in a tin can far above the world
    Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do

dizzy Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2014
    *sniff*

Have seen all episodes of the rebooted Doctor Who now. Not a perfect show, but I still got addicted. I'm still suffering from the loss of David Tennant, but Matt Smith was a great doctor as well. Oh, and I got a crush on Jenna Coleman. Favourite episodes of the top of my head: The girl in the fireplace, Human nature/The family of blood, Blink, Silence in the library/Forest of the dead, The snowmen.

Anyway, should I watch the old series? Or are there certain old episodes that I simply must watch? Keep in mind that I'm not really a big fan of old TV shows, so perhaps I should only try out the very best episodes, and then decide whether to explore further.

Peter smile
  3. It's like five months later and I drove by a theater here in town and "Gravity" is still playing.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. justin boggan wrote
    It's like five months later and I drove by a theater here in town and "Gravity" is still playing.

Maybe the theatre is at the event horizon of a black hole and, to us, it will be seen to be showing Gravity forever?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2014
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    It's like five months later and I drove by a theater here in town and "Gravity" is still playing.

Maybe the theatre is at the event horizon of a black hole and, to us, it will be seen to be showing Gravity forever?

We badly need a 'like' function on comments. For science.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2014 edited
    plindboe wrote
    I'm still suffering from the loss of David Tennant

Yeah. sad

I got a crush on Jenna Coleman

YEAH! love

Favourite episodes of the top of my head: The girl in the fireplace

YEAH! punk

but Matt Smith was a great doctor

No. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Really looking forward to this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc#t=139

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...you said it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Let's hope it's as good as the trailer leads us to believe! I'm looking forward to Desplat's score. I'm sure he'll knock this one out of the park. If he doesn't, I will eat my hat.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Spoiler: Bryan Cranston will poison Godzilla with ricin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...and we will still root for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

cool

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2014 edited
    Best line: "you are hiding something!"

ROFL! "Quick, if we hide him behind the Empire State Building I'm sure no one will find him!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocLTBoJu_kA
  5. Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

cool

Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!

http://youtu.be/_9vQY97D0uY ?

I think that would work as the music for the trailer as well.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2014
    THE SHINING ( 1980 )

I hadn't seen this for a long time. There's quite a number of story and character differences between the film and the book, particularly it's ending. Watching it again I found Jack Nicholson's performance hilarious, I just couldn't take him seriously at all and boy does he HAM-IT-UP, still, his OTT performance is never anything less than watchable.

Kubrick conjures great imagery and some iconic moments, great music too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I have very little interest in reading the book, but the film is one of my favourites. I watched it when I was far too young to, and I was fine with everything up until... that room.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The book is very good, far better than the film. The boy and the black guy are the only two major characters that are faithful to their descriptions in the book.

Steven wrote
    I watched it when I was far too young to, and I was fine with everything up until... that room.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, the book is probably my alltime favourite piece of literature. Love the film too, but for different reasons.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014
    This made me feel a little bit ill.

flash WARNING! flash
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2014
    Dude. 'Too far' doesn't even begin to describe it. shocked

I'm glad I won't be getting like that. This is about as far as I would ever want to go...
  6. "Voices of Desire" (1972)

I skimmed most of it. Some kind of weird artsy film, where the director was credited under a fake name and most of the crew recieved not credit -- which is thankful to whom ever composed that terrible electronic opening cue (something best left forgotten).

If you like watching a woman take everything off, roll around in a bed and rub her breasts for like seven minutes, then you're gonna love part of the first act of the film. Though like me you'll probably just laugh at using fruit to caress herself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3t_k6isS6s
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2014
    "Voices of Desire" (1972)

Part of the first act was pretty good. Didn't bother watching the rest.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2014
    biggrin applause
  7. I watched the walthrough's of the new "South Park: The Stick of Truth" video game.

Great fun. Very much like the series.

Some surprises:
    We find out where Mr. Hat has gone to.
    It appears a character is kileld off ([spoiler]Clyde[/spoiler]).
    And an appearancve by Chef.

Somebody put together a video that consists mainly of just the scenes that tell the story (cutting game play), for those interested.

All the voice actors, producers, animators, composer, etc., have done this game. It's wild, it's involved, it's gross, it's got Manbearpig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUWmE6uw_DI

"Baaalls!!!"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2014
    Watched a very good doc on Spitting Image on BBC 4 the other night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … ing_Image/
  8. I saw Flatliners today. I show it every year to my 9 or 10 graders (philosophy). It's bcome a trademark of mine and the boys and girls expect me to show the film. As always the film worked fine in class. And as always my spine tickled through the end credits cue "Redemption" that is one of the finest things James Newton Howard has ever written. That score is on top of my whish list.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  9. Excellent cue, a shame it's only available in such muffled and shoddy sound though. I don't think much of the rest of the score though.