• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2014
    Why is he a douche?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2014 edited
    The Rock? King of douches. [edited to add:] For one, he calls himself "the rock" and refers to him in third person. Seriously though, i was never fond of uncharismatic, muscle and steroids guys who call themselves anything else rather than what they really are: big dumb strong motherfuckers. Certainly not actors, with very few exceptions that is.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, but... why? Apparently he's founded a charity for terminally ill children, so he can't be that bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bono is also one of the biggest (supposedly) philanthropists and charity activists but also known to be a pretentious douche living off his own smug.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    So he's like Bono?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    The Rock? King of douches. [edited to add:] For one, he calls himself "the rock" and refers to him in third person. Seriously though, i was never fond of uncharismatic, muscle and steroids guys who call themselves anything else rather than what they really are: big dumb strong motherfuckers. Certainly not actors, with very few exceptions that is.

Surely he only refers to himself as The Rock when he's playing the character of 'The Rock' in the fake wrestling thing? It's part of the show. Also, why is a body builder automatically a dumb motherfucker? Being well educated and being a gym monkey are not mutually exclusive.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

Surely he only refers to himself as The Rock when he's playing the character of 'The Rock' in the fake wrestling thing? It's part of the show. Also, why is a body builder automatically a dumb motherfucker? Being well educated and being a gym monkey are not mutually exclusive.

Well, i am not saying they all of them are, thus why i said 'with few exceptions'. From what i hear from people though 'cause everyone i met so far, personally, which is , and let's stress this: not just fit or goes to the gym, but giant muscle on steroid bodybuilder mountains, appeared to be lacking severely on some other aspects, to put it mildly. As for the Rock, he surely can't act at all, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    So he's like Bono?

No, but doing charities doesn't automatically make you a better person, that's the point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No, the point was why is he a douche. dizzy I'm still not sure why you think he's a douche. (I suppose you're right that being involved in charities doesn't necessarily make you less of a dick, but it does at least deserve respect in its own right.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Demetris wrote

yeah

Arnold Schwarzenegger being the greatest example.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Bono is also one of the biggest (supposedly) philanthropists and charity activists but also known to be a pretentious douche living off his own smug.

lol

Now THIS I agree with! The man is also amongst the (many) hypocrites telling me n' you to give money to Africa and what not but this midget god botherer is quite happy to ferret away his own mega-millions in off-shore tax free accounts while his own country struggles.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. The Rock seemed like a funny and decent guy to me in the interviews and Making Ofs of his movies I´ve seen in the past. He´s certainly willing to give it all, being totally able to laugh at and about himself, and generously nice. He knows that being a successful wrestler is a completely different animal than being an actor, and what he´s telling about the learning process sounds af if he knows about his abilities and place. He knows he´s just a guy who got famous for staged fights and got the once in a lifetime chance to play in a movie. That worked out well for him, and so he stayed and got on doing it.

And I can´t see what´s wrong about that. I haven´t seen them all, but besides his obvious physical attributes he brings a sense of humour to his roles that speaks another language than "I´m the bigesst and the best". Keeping the name "The Rock" sells tickets. Good for him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote

lol

Now THIS I agree with! The man is also amongst the (many) hypocrites telling me n' you to give money to Africa and what not but this midget god botherer is quite happy to ferret away his own mega-millions in off-shore tax free accounts while his own country struggles.

Indeed. This is called giving an example of said douchey-ness. I genuinely want to know what makes Dwayne Johnson a douche. Being a bad actor and a body builder does not make one a douche, it just means you're a big guy who can't act! dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES - Michael Giacchino

I saw the film last night which I thought was great. I think I like the score more than some of you here do though I also agree it needs seriously editing down, it's too ruddy long.

There are a couple of "tiny" hints to Jerry Goldsmith's 1968 score plus Ligeti, Holst and even Bernard Herrmann.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE FILM MUSIC OF - Clifton Parker

This is a great album of quality film music love

And yes, it is available on Spotify.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE FILM MUSIC OF - Ralph Vaughan Williams - VOL II

The 49th Parallel and other excellent goodness! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE FILM MUSIC OF - Ron Goodwin

Theme after blinding theme... BRILLIANT!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I don't think this Rock person calls himself that any more. I also don't think I've ever seen a film he's in.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I don't think this Rock person calls himself that any more. I also don't think I've ever seen a film he's in.

I was thinking 'same here' but then I realised I've seen THE MUMMY RETURNS even though he's not in it for long.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've just looked at his filmography and I've also seen 20 minutes of Pain and Gain, which was one of the most miserable experiences of my life.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    So, you've seen more film of The Rock than I have. Isn't that fascinating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Yes, it really is. If I knew how to get an email provider then I'd send an email to all my contacts to tell them about it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes. I was thinking precisely the same thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Call of Duty - Giacchino, M.

Now I've done Medal of Honour I'm wondering if I can be bothered to review (or re-review, in some cases) all of Giacchino's other game scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014
    NP: Willow, Land Before Time - Horner

No, wait!
    Sorry. I'm playing Prokofiev's Cantata for 20th Anniversary of the October Revolution.
    I get these guys mixed up!

Nice borrowings from Horner that crafty devil!
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014 edited
    Kiss of Death - Trevor Jones

Underrated little score; the excellent main theme has its best variation and presentation in the rocking 'End Credits' piece.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014 edited
    I´ve seen several movies with Johnson, most of them more by chance than by inclination, and found myself having a good time here and there. Forget "The Mummy Returns", which tried to be a great sequel and failed; "The Scorpion King" was much better for being a straightforward, well-made B-Fantasy film. I also saw that movie where he plays that football (I think) star who has this tiny little girl around, and while the movie itself kind of sucked (for me), Johnson´s comedic value in this was priceless at times. He sure knows how to make great faces. I´ve seen the one where he plays some kind of mercenary in the jungle with an amateur sidekick; that one was genuinely funny at times.

I mean, I know I´m easy to satisfy, but I still can´t see why he shouldn´t do this.
  2. Atham wrote
    NP: Willow, Land Before Time - Horner

No, wait!
    Sorry. I'm playing Prokofiev's Cantata for 20th Anniversary of the October Revolution.
    I get these guys mixed up!

Nice borrowings from Horner that crafty devil!
    ]

So you're actually listening to Red Heat? wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2014
    Ah, Horner jokes....there's no escaping them.
    I am extremely serious.