• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014
    I couldn't do that my dear! Demetris is married and I am spoken for! wink tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    D is married? cry

throws oil away
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    From YT. I've not heard this version before...

THE PRISONER

With a simple melody and a small ensemble of musicians Grainer gives IMnotfuckinghumbleatallO one of the greatest and most exciting TV themes ever!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2014 edited
    And with one of the best Opening Titles sequence ever committed to TV.

Patrick McGoohan was awesome in everything he's ever starred in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    very effective use of the bongos
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not sure what I just watched, but it was hilarious. biggrin

Was it a comedy? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    and I am spoken for! wink tongue

Pfah! A mere formality. Red tape. Conventions. Habit. Expectations.
    I say FREE yourself from the shackles of bourgeoisie!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm not sure what I just watched, but it was hilarious. biggrin

Was it a comedy? uhm

Fuck knows?

Strangest TV show EVER! Made Lost look as understandable as an episode of Blue Peter. Whatever they were smoking I'm not sure Id want. In the unlikelihood that you'd ever watch this 17 episode series I'd recommend dropping a handful of trips.

p.s. Did anyone see the 2009 remake of this series? ( I didn't )
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    What a fantastic car!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    What a fantastic car!

I still see these about occasionally ( I know nothing about cars ), it became known to us as kids as 'the Prisoner car', just like 'a James Bond car' or a 'George Best car' ( Alan might know what I'm on about there? ) or a 'Starsky & Hutch' car etc.
    Lotus Europa
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Transformers: Fuck You it's Another Sequel Steve Jablonsky

This is abysmal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I rather like it (providing you're talking about the latest release).
    It IS too long, though!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Agree with Steven I do. I'll not bother listening to it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    It IS too long, though!

78 minutes too long to be precise.

But no, joking aside, I'd say it's about 78 minutes too long.
  1. Timmer wrote
    p.s. Did anyone see the 2009 remake of this series? ( I didn't )

I saw the first episode. Although I never saw the original series, I've seen enough clips and people talking about it to understand the whole feel of the original. The remake had all the life of the story of the original sucked out of it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. Stavroula wrote
    That's the fun part of all this we are doing here! Having different opinions! wink kiss

I'd seriously like to know what you see at all in Morris' The Vikings. I'm with D on that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Sometimes I have serious doubts about what many of you see in certain scores but I accept it and hold my tongue. As I said already it is a matter of opinion and personal taste. What one man (and in this case a woman) likes another may not and this is perfectly acceptable! smile

NP: Bram Stoker's Dracula ~ Wojciech Kilar
    It's raining... what else could I listen to...
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. I just recently finished re-watching all the original "The Prisoner" episodes. There were a couple or lesser efforts in there, but as a whole it's one of the finest TV series ever made, and ahead of its time. Especially: [spoiler]That would be telling. ;-)[/spoiler]

Be seeing you.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Heart of Darkness - Brucie Broughton

Bloody great is this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In a similar vein but not really...*

NP : IVANHOE - Miklos Rozsa

Brilliant! ( by the gods! Now this, THIS is film music!!! )

*well, it is conducted by Bruce Broughton
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2014
    Lonesome Dove - BasilP

Absolutely gorgeous.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    D is married? cry

throws oil away

No, no noo not yet?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Stavroula wrote
    I couldn't do that my dear! Demetris is married and I am spoken for! wink tongue

Damn
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    In a similar vein but not really...*

NP : IVANHOE - Miklos Rozsa

Brilliant! ( by the gods! Now this, THIS is film music!!! )

*well, it is conducted by Bruce Broughton

2nd time in two days cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE WHITE BUFFALO - John Barry

Great theme and a very atmospheric and moody score to a quite underrated film despite some dodgy effects for the Buffalo itself ( never stopped Jaws being a classic though did it? Not that I'm saying TWB is a classic wink ), I really enjoy this score and have played it often over the years despite the sound ( explained in the booklet with liner notes by our very own Mr Southall ) being a bit poor.
  4. I always thought the "dodgy effect" in JAWS are a bit of a legend. For a film made in 1974 the effects a pretty convincing.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    John Carter - Giacchino

I've never really been able to connect with this, and I still can't. Technically accomplished, but it just passes me by, really.
  5. I spend most of the day in a bath at lake Ammersee near Munich with my sister's family. I listened to Malifecent. That really is magnificent. Listening to music, taking swims in the lake (air 30 C, water about 20), eating ice cream, playing ball with my nice. Afterworts, to the utter delight of my nice, we all went to MC Donalds. In the evening we were at a concert. A chamber orchestra played a popular program at Schloss Nymphenburg: Mozart Little Night Music, Divertissemento; Vivaldi Four Seasons.
    That's quite a way to spend the day.

Greetings all from sunny Munich!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2014
    Southall wrote
    John Carter - Giacchino

I've never really been able to connect with this, and I still can't. Technically accomplished, but it just passes me by, really.

Yeah, strange this one. My initial listen was positive but the more I listened to the score the less I liked it, it should be the kind of score I like.
  6. Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    John Carter - Giacchino

Yeah, strange this one. My initial listen was positive but the more I listened to the score the less I liked it, it should be the kind of score I like.

The score has grown on me. I did not like it initionally. What I still do not like about it is the very noticable temp track bleeding. Yet this might be more to blame to the producers than to the composer.