• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Brian Tyler's Eagle Eye!
    It's life Jim!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014
    why are we whispering? Shhhh... Did you hear that?
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. digikleuter wrote
    Brian Tyler's Eagle Eye!

punk punk punk

Still his best score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nah!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    plindboe wrote
    Does anyone know if the music for Torchwood is good? Does it sound like Doctor Who and is the music just as enjoyable? I've no plans to watch the series, but if the music is great, I want to hear it.

Peter smile

Very different to Gold's orchestral scoring for Doctor Who.
    Torchwood is very modern and synthetic in style. Kind of Remote Control like but ... hard to describe really!
  3. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    digikleuter wrote
    Brian Tyler's Eagle Eye!

punk punk punk

Still his best score.

I agree smile .
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LOST WORLD: JURASSIC PARK - John Williams

Weirdly, I rarely play Jurassic Park but this one I never tire of. Brilliant score!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Brilliant indeed!

-Erik-
  4. The perfect Jurassic Park score to me would be if you took the percussion-driven action music of The Lost World and combined it with the grand, flowing thematic cues from Jurassic Park. But both are excellent, excellent scores no doubt. smile

dino

^ rolleyes
  5. That would indeed be a perfect adventure score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014 edited
    The action music in the original Jurassic Park is dynamite and doesn't need a percussive backing. "T-Rex Rescue & Finale" is masterful just the way it is. By adding the tribal percussion to The Lost World score is what make John Williams so good at writing sequels scores. Keep the spirit of the original alive but also create a unique musical language or identity for that sequel. Both Jurassic Park and The Lost World are perfect. No need to tinker.

-Erik-
  6. Brian Tyler - Battle: Los Angeles

I don't yet know what to make out of this one. The theme is a pure anthem, but one of Tyler's better ones. I don't really react to the temptrackitis well, especially that it seems that for Tyler it's an attempt to take his action sound into a more atmospheric vein. But I like it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    vomit
  7. Don't kill me, but I find Battle: LA more straightforwardly enjoyable than any of Tyler's 2013 scores. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Chasing Ghosts - Scott Glasgow

Terrific thriller score. Love this guy's music.
  8. (Lets generate some traffic! devil)

Every generation has a legend. Every journey has a first step. Every saga has a beginning.

Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace (1989) - John Williams (Original release)

Let them dwell in ignorance. I know this film to be sublime.

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I like it too. In fact, I like all the prequels -- and I say that as someone who grew up on the original trilogy (and I know you did too).
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Except that it was released 10 years later wink
  10. beer
  11. Maybe if Phantom Menace had actually come out in '89 it wouldn't be such a painfully flawed movie...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Maybe if Phantom Menace had actually come out in '89 it wouldn't be such a painfully flawed movie...

Good point! BTW, the score is easily the best prequel score. The films... well, they're painful but they have their moments.

-Erik-
  12. Erik Woods wrote
    BTW, the score is easily the best prequel score.

At last, we agree on something today! beer
  13. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    BTW, the score is easily the best prequel score.

At last, we agree on something today! beer

Indeed. Well, 1989 it would have coincided with BATMAN. Nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace (1989) - John Williams (Original release)

Let them dwell in ignorance. I know this film to be sublime.

V.

I, er... hmm.
  14. PawelStroinski wrote
    If he quit personally attacking composers just because he dislikes a score, I'd have much more respect for him as a reviewer. And his error in the Man of Steel review is just hilarious.

His review of Skyfall was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. He clearly does not get Newman.
  15. Just because he doesn't like the score doesn't mean he doesn't "get" the composer, whatever that means.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Get Carter.
    I am extremely serious.
  16. Mostly understand the composer's scoring style. It is true that Clemmensen is open only to a certain type of scoring methodology and if something goes beyond his comfort zone, he tends to make interpretation errors. I think there are glaring errors in these terms with Horner's Patriot Games and even Clear and Present Danger (if he read the liners to Intrada album... he states the score has no pan pipes, then why two players are credited? and so on).

Giving two stars to Blade Runner explains quite a lot in this regard.
  17. Thor wrote
    Get Carter.

Get lost! angry