• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard

Outstanding! It gets better with each listen. I can't say the same about the first and third score though.

-Erik-

First and third scores are top too smile

Edmund Meinerts wrote
    They're OK, I guess... *shrug*

I think the problem with the batman scores come down to album sequencing. To get an enjoyable album out of each score, you have to start with the complete session and just pick out the best parts. And honestly, I don't have time for that. So I just accept the fact that they're good scores, but just require patience to get through the dull parts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Outstanding! It gets better with each listen. I can't say the same about the first and third score though.

-Erik-

Nope!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2014 edited
    All three are lacking IMO.

Not bad but not that great either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. NP: Independence Day - David Arnold

This is most certainly not lacking. punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    NP: Independence Day - David Arnold

This is most certainly not lacking. punk punk punk

It's a good one (yes, I do enjoy a good bombastic score now and then).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I've been biting my tongue so much since I read this, I've had to go out and get some Nurofen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Deal with it! Hate Zimmer all you want... The Dark Knight is actually a pretty darn good score with one of cinemas most memorable villain motifs. FACT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And I can't remember it, so I question the "fact" status.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh no, I forgot to not say anything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    And yet... you gushed over Gravity. Bonkers! dizzy

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Oh no, I forgot to not say anything.

If the urge returns try filing your teeth flat with a blunt nail file.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...it's like saying nice things about Zimmer's Batman scores but more enjoyable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think you and I are the only sane people left at this forum. Reading Erik's Zimmer worship, it's like Nautilus is still here!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Looking at 'who's on line' just now, me, Southall and Erik, I couldn't help but think of this sublime piece. cool wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LOL! I am amazed how blind some of the hate for Zimmer is around here (and elsewhere.) That includes me, BTW. I'm doing my best recently to not blame him for anything but the idiots who have no imagination - who insist on using "his" sound in the most uncreative and generic ways possible.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I have no hate for Zimmer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Neither do I. What blind hate!? Dark Knight is pretty good. Not great, not awful. The other two are OK. Not great, not awful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sorry if it seemed like I was aiming my comments towards you two. I think this goes back to that particular Facebook thread that was being discussed a few days ago... the Scott Glasgow or Robert Folk discussion that Zimmer participated in. Do you know the one I mean? Yes/No. Whatever.

I don't know what it was about that particular conversation but I see Zimmer in a whole new light now. I still fucking HATE Man of Steel but I'm starting to re-evaluate my thoughts and my own blind assumptions about the man, his music and his legacy. I think based on that one Facebook conversation alone, I'm listening to Zimmer's music in a brand new and entirely fresh way... except Man of Steel because it's awful.

Sorry... rambling... but I hope that made some sort of sense and I'm really just getting annoyed with the utter ignorance of most people when it comes down to Zimmer, what he has done and continues to do as one of the most influential film composers of all time.

-Erik-

PS - The Dark Knight is great. Man of Steel is pants! Skyfall. James Horner.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Love you Erik kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I love MAN OF STEEL, I love the new BATMAN scores, I'm simply a proud Zimmer fanboy from the bottom of my heart. However, I'll take his 90s efforts (in the same genre) over those any day.

There's a lot of negativity towards him here, but it's far worse elsewhere, JWFAN being the absolute worst place, followed by FSM and a couple of others.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Sorry if it seemed like I was aiming my comments towards you two. I think this goes back to that particular Facebook thread that was being discussed a few days ago... the Scott Glasgow or Robert Folk discussion that Zimmer participated in. Do you know the one I mean? Yes/No. Whatever.

I don't know what it was about that particular conversation but I see Zimmer in a whole new light now. I still fucking HATE Man of Steel but I'm starting to re-evaluate my thoughts and my own blind assumptions about the man, his music and his legacy. I think based on that one Facebook conversation alone, I'm listening to Zimmer's music in a brand new and entirely fresh way... except Man of Steel because it's awful.

Sorry... rambling... but I hope that made some sort of sense and I'm really just getting annoyed with the utter ignorance of most people when it comes down to Zimmer, what he has done and continues to do as one of the most influential film composers of all time.

-Erik-

PS - The Dark Knight is great. Man of Steel is pants! Skyfall. James Horner.

Do you mean the one about demos with that idiot who tried to attack everyone who disagreed with him and added Patrick Doyle to the mix?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Yeah... that one! That thread has become a game changer for me.

-Erik-
  3. It was very nice for me in a way, but it's nothing I'll discuss in public smile
  4. Fucking eh! What I wouldn't give to read that. crazy
  5. Well, it's a bittersweet thing to read. On one hand you have very good remarks by Hans and other composers, on the other hand an idiot who attacks everyone and everything just because they prove him wrong...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm sure it's still there on FB?

Hans comes across as a very reasonable man.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I am listening to Man of Steel really loudly now.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!