• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    it's in my top 1.

Well done. The Final Conflict really is that good. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    It's in my top hat.

Yes it is bunny
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    it's in my top 1.

yeah

If Jesus returns, this is the music I want to hear played.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If Jesus returns it's the first music he'll want to hear.
  1. Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    it's in my top 1.

yeah

Sadly it will only be some croaking shofas. slant
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. I quite like the opening fanfare from The Final Conflict as my phone's ringtone.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. My ringtone is the 20th Century Fox Fanfare. smile
  4. Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    it's in my top 1.

yeah

As an atheist, you could understand The Second Coming SOMEWHAT differently wink

Goldsmith had a fair share of these.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    My ringtone is the 20th Century Fox Fanfare. smile

Mine is John Cage's 4′33″

I do not like talking on the phone. Text that shit, yo. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tarzan David Newman

Very enjoyable. In my top 6 of this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    KevinSmith wrote
    Batman & Robin - Elliot Goldenthal

It's literally been years since I've listened to this and I've forgotten how good it is in terms of his overall work (and it's miles better than Batman Forever (even with the re-used material from the earlier score)). I hope it gets a proper release soon.

Apparently a release is unlikely at the moment. And if it does get one, I daresay it won't get a proper one, just an injudicious double CD release of the whole thing.

His Batman theme is just as good as Elfman's.

Yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The recently 'leaked' unpublished official album is nice to hear, although I suspect there's some good things missing from it. Unfortunately it ends on a bit of a whimper.
  5. Southall wrote
    And if it does get one, I daresay it won't get a proper one, just an injudicious double CD release of the whole thing.

I'd consider anything other than that an improper release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  6. The properest release of all, of course, would be one with an additional "Album Version" CD, like e.g. the release of Search for Spock - but then it would cost extra, which would be irritating as well. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2014
    In this particular case, I've had the compete score bootleg for 15 years and listened to it twice (unlistenable, overlong, overly repetitive) and the planned but abandoned original soundtrack release for 1 year and listened to it many times (exceptional). So for my money, since the properest release is the one that suits me, the only proper release is the latter. smile
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies - Howard Shore

This just rambles on and on, doesn't it? Like the previous albums, there's always highlights to be found but they're a struggle to be found within the murkiness which is Shore's underscore writing.
  7. Southall wrote
    In this particular case, I've had the compete score bootleg for 15 years and listened to it twice (unlistenable, overlong, overly repetitive) and the planned but abandoned original soundtrack release for 1 year and listened to it many times (exceptional). So for my money, since the properest release is the one that suits me, the only proper release is the latter. smile

I suppose, but I've always felt that all music should be released as a matter of principle. Even if you only listen to the complete version once and it's as unlistenable as you say, for it to exist and be available is never a bad thing IMO. Even for the worst of scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    No problem with that as long as there's a proper album too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    In this particular case, I've had the compete score bootleg for 15 years and listened to it twice (unlistenable, overlong, overly repetitive)

And terrible sound quality.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : INTERSTELLAR - Hans Zimmer

A definite contender for my favourite score this year.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore

The one-disc soundtrack. Night and day difference between the Hobbit album I just finished. Consistently engaging all the way through and I generally find it difficult to get through soundtrack albums longer than an hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : INTERSTELLAR - Hans Zimmer

A definite contender for my favourite score this year.

In my Top 5.

Josh B wrote
    LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring - Howard Shore

The one-disc soundtrack. Night and day difference between the Hobbit album I just finished. Consistently engaging all the way through and I generally find it difficult to get through soundtrack albums longer than an hour.

Superb album!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Yeah, but it's just the Fellowship theme over and over. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor R.Brower, C.Bajakian, E.Guidotti, S.Cardon, N.Acree, CSGarfinkle, E.Noone, G.Stafford, J.Hayes, T.Bush

Jesus.

Anyway. The first track, a 12 minute suite, is already better than anything from that Civilisation game score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nar.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Steven wrote
    World of Warcraft - Warlords of Draenor R.Brower, C.Bajakian, E.Guidotti, S.Cardon, N.Acree, CSGarfinkle, E.Noone, G.Stafford, J.Hayes, T.Bush

Clearly, they need a Hans Zimmer to step up and take all the credit so people know who to praise...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  9. NP: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013) - Howard Shore

The board agrees to disagree. wink

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I disagree.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE FINAL CONFLICT - Jerry Goldsmith

Every kind of awesome.

punk Damn but this is too good. I am now playing it a second time in 24 hours which is unusual for a score I've been familiar with for decades.