• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014
    No, it's a drama I think. An outstanding score, one of his very best.
  1. NP: Starship Troopers (1997) - Basil Poledouris

This is a fine muscular space opera score with a gand main theme. It's not on the top of my list when comes to a C&C release though. I'm not sure how much material there is left to release.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014 edited
    Southall wrote
    No, it's a drama I think. An outstanding score, one of his very best.

I never even thought about it. I just love the music so much.

Anyway, this little conversation made me look it up. It was an Italian mini-series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_of_the_Sahara
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Reviewing my Top 10 list and it's symphonic heavy. Typical, I know, but that's the stuff that gets my heart pumping! For those that say grand, traditional, melodic film scores are dead..well, you haven't been listening to the right scores.

2014 was great year for film, TV AND video game music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You're not wrong!
    Looking forward to your list, Erik...even if I'm quite sure I can already make a few educated guesses as to its content.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DREANOR

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk

Thanks for throwing a wrench into my tidy Top 10 of 2014 list!

angry

-Erik-

bird sound effects suck!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That's what I'm sayin', yo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I remember that! But Civilization is still bloody brilliant as well.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Rather. Yo.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Exodus: Gods & Kings Alberto Iglesias Harry Gregson-Williams, Federico Jusid

It's not particularly original, the themes aren't all that memorable, but it's still very enjoyable and appropriately epic and exciting. It's piqued my interest in seeing the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Exodus: Gods & Kings Alberto Iglesias Harry Gregson-Williams, Federico Jusid

It's not particularly original, the themes aren't all that memorable, but it's still very enjoyable and appropriately epic and exciting. It's piqued my interest in seeing the film.

Overall disappointing score, but I LOVED the film (one of my favourites of the year), and whenever the music moves into territory like the gorgeous "Into the Water", I'm sold!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Titus - Elliot Goldenthal

What would Tyler Bates have done without this score.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I was about to ask what would Brian Tyler have done without this score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I did and then edited my post. biggrin

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk punk

angry

-Erik-

bird sound effects suck!

This is immense!
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2014
    The Salamander - Jerry Goldsmith

Most of this score I'm neutral on (although I like the Mozart meets Goldsmith choral cue near the beginning) but I LOVE the suite from The Ransom. 70s Goldsmith really could do no wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Civilisation: Beyond Earth - Geoff Knorr

Just the Knorr cues, to give me something I can listen to in one chunk. I like it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Just the Knorr cubes, to give me something I can eat in one chunk. I like it.

The way I read it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Gotta listen to to the Kirkhope tracks, too.

But like I said before I love the WHOLE thing.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote
    Gotta listen to to the Kirkhope tracks, too.

I agree.
    I've been trying to edit the thing down for easier access, but for the life of me I can't get it under 96 minutes.
    Usually that length is way too much for me to properly enjoy, but trying to figure out what to cut simply takes too much time and makes little sense, so I'll stick with this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BLIZZARD (Mark McKenzie)

Trying to get in a Christmas mood....
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I find watching Die Hard does the trick.
  2. NP: Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - John Williams

Fine as ever.
    I'll stay with my mother this year. Things are a bit tense. Friday my sister and her family will reinforce me. In my appartement, what little Christmas decoration I have, I kept stored away this year. I just wasn't in the mood.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorMWippel
    Our Man Flint / In Like Flint - Jerry Goldsmith

Funny smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    shocked (x36)

punk (x44)

angry

-Erik-

Now playing this. ^

That opening suite is spectacular.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I find watching Die Hard does the trick.

Yup! And the 2nd one.

I would personally add On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Time Machine as great non-schmaltz, non- cartoon/animation Christmassy films
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And avoid The Polar Express at all costs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Dawn of the Apes Michael Giacchino

An edited title for an edited album. At 30 minutes, this is firmly in my top ten of the year.
    • CommentAuthorMWippel
    Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - Elliot Goldenthal

I haven't heard that one in a long time. Amazing score!