• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    Subtle, elaborate, complicated (and to some extent 'creative') aren't words I would in any way associate with anything surrounding the Harry Potter franchise. This is why, in many ways, I think Doyle's effort is the best so far.
    I love Williams' "magic" sound, and it does fit the first film very well as it really echoes its children's story innocence, but as the series progresses and we enter the realm of standard "young adult literature", Doyle does a great job in just blasting the whole thing all over the place in the best possible way!

Hammer it home!
    Punctuate the drama!
    Make it Grand Guignol! Fantasy Opera!
    Why the hell not?
    It makes for fantastic fun without any pretense, and I for one appreciate that enormously.

It's the Potter score I return to most often.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Doyle's score is the only one i return to as well, from the harry crapper universe.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Third one's still my favourite I think. I've yet to hear a better track in the entire Potter score world than 'Buckbeak's Flight'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Third one's still my favourite I think. I've yet to hear a better track in the entire Potter score world than 'Buckbeak's Flight'.

FACT!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I might actually prefer Fawkes the Phoenix as a piece, but yes, my favorite is Azkaban as well.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. has anyone got the previous Hooper Potter score (Order of the Phoenix)?

As I am the lucky one face-palm-mt that may review the new Potter score, I want to indugle myself again face-palm-mt in the first Hooper score, and for that I was asking if somebody had it?

I'm sure there were many of you who thought Hooper could be as good as Williams? face-palm-mt
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    Yes, I have it.
  3. DemonStar wrote
    Yes, I have it.

send ya a PM wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Gotcha. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    Hello, 911? Yeah, i called to snitch some iouuuu iouuu trading of stuff...oh, i am sorry, you say i should call riaa instead?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ya got any proof? uhm
  4. applause
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He's a mod.
    He has access to private messages.

But as we live in a global village, so we should take our lessons where they are taught.
    As in this case I think the Indian police would do nicely as role model, how much would it be worth to you to have this thread deleted, Ravi? angelic
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    You can have my extra soda bottle. wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    Well, you'll have to raise that offer since one of the biconditionals offers Looza Ace.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ok. Come meet me in that shady dark theatre in the narrowest alleyway. devil
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You mean the one where I can see all that stealthy movement in the darkness as if a mob of people is hiding there? And the wind makes a curious sound like the voices of people whispering? And where the light is reflected in such an odd way that it almost seems like it's reflecting off sharp, handheld metal?
    That alley?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, pretty much so, you're spot-on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    biggrin
  5. Martijn wrote
    He's a mod.
    He has access to private messages.

cool, that means I can do that too punk wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, you can't.
    You're a Belgian mod.
  6. Martijn wrote
    No, you can't.
    You're a Belgian mod.

how rude smile
  7. Christodoulides wrote
    Hello, 911? Yeah, i called to snitch some iouuuu iouuu trading of stuff...oh, i am sorry, you say i should call riaa instead?

ow man, and I was trying so hard to be careful no one would ever notice it
    aw man shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    Yesterday, i saw the movie Half Blood Prince. The movie is good. I don't say its great one. But it has some serious moments, especially one of the main character dies in the climax.

I read so many negative reviews and responses towards Hooper's score for Half Blood Prince. But after i watched the movie, i felt score was good. It really suited the movie very well. Honestly speaking, he has improved little bit in composing score for big movies like this. From the beginning to the last, i say Hooper did a fair job. I would like to give 4 stars to this score as heard in the film. I am yet to listen to this score on CD.

Apart from score, only irritating part of the movie is introducing new character like Lavender Brown, which i think her character is unnecessary in this movie. At least in Order of the Phoenix, Character Luna Lovegood played some vital role in that movie. Lavender Brown did nothing, just hanging around Ron and kissing him frequently and its really sucks. And another backdrop of not showing Dumbledore's Funeral scene, its really disappointing. His character is very vital and played huge role in whole HP movies as well as in books. Due to this, movie looks incomplete. Overall, its a good movie but not suitable for young hearts due to some images and adult material.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    Yes, even some of my friends who are no fans of film score agreed that the score was strong in that final emotional scene. Looking forward to see the film.

BTW, Lavender Brown doesn't have any much significant role in the book either. But I agree that [spoiler]the funeral should have been in, although I heard a lot of people say the new scene is good too[/spoiler]. Will watch it before deciding myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Yes, even some of my friends who are no fans of film score agreed that the score was strong in that final emotional scene. Looking forward to see the film.

BTW, Lavender Brown doesn't have any much significant role in the book either. But I agree that [spoiler]the funeral should have been in, although I heard a lot of people say the new scene is good too[/spoiler]. Will watch it before deciding myself.

The new scene is good because of Hooper's excellent music. Apart from that, nothing attractive. In fact, it didn't bring any tears to my eyes. I was very angry with filmmakers for removing the funeral scene. Shame on the filmmakers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    They did it to save the money for extras required I think. I hope they do Deathly Hallows properly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    They did it to save the money for extras required I think. I hope they do Deathly Hallows properly.

I hope so. They should bring back Maestro to make the final film as powerful and epic one.
  8. We saw the movie yesterday, too. And I must admit that the opening scene with the bridge collapsing could have used a more powerful approach. But the rest of the movie´s score was absolutely okay. Nothing spectacular, but given that not too many spectacular things happen in this movie (as in the book), I thought everything fit like a glove. The few really amazing scenes were scored well enough. I don´t know about this as a standalone listen, but in the movie, it was alright.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    How was the score in the Inferi scene?