• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. In combination with the extremely impressive effects in that scene, absolutely fitting and satisfying. As a stand-alone, probably not so.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpqc75OO … p;index=23
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    It resembles "Possession" quite a lot indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    I haven´t heard the fifth score in ages (which says nothing, I haven´t listened to the others, too), so I can´t tell. I thought the score in the Inferi scene served its purpose. Overall, I find VI to be very nice. I´m just listening to it now for the first time as a stand-alone. Yeah, it´s not Williams. But I still can´t understand the bashing. It´s a very subtle score that fits the Calm-before-the-storm setting perfectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    I have decided to go to this movie for second time, especially for the sake of score. I want to concentrate completely on score and enjoy it.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why don't you just buy the soundtrack?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apparently that's pretty hard to do in India?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've done that in the past too, it's not a very uncommon thing among us film music nerds i guess smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It...isn't? uhm

(I'm guessing tickets in Greece or India must be really cheap?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Don't know about India, here they're between 7 to 9 euros according to the day you'll go to the cinema, weekends are always more expensive; but i've done it 3-4 times all these years, don't worry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    A lot of people said the score sounds better in the film than on CD, except for a few tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (although personally i'd not have paid to see harry crapper even for the first time tongue )
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    Don't know about India, here they're between 7 to 9 euros according to the day you'll go to the cinema, weekends are always more expensive; but i've done it 3-4 times all these years, don't worry.

9 Euros? That's peanuts. The CHEAPEST cinema ticket in Norway (for a premiere film) is 11 Euros!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Snow, ice, alcohol and entertainment at premium prices and taxation about double that which lead to the French Revolution.

WHY do people want to LIVE there?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    Snow, ice, alcohol and entertainment at premium prices and taxation about double that which lead to the French Revolution.

Probably because it's one of the best welfare states in the world! (we get SOMETHING back from the steep taxes, after all!). smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

Well, i can think of a couple of reasons.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Anthony wrote
    Why don't you just buy the soundtrack?

That's quite impossible here in my country. I am not that much privileged person like you all. In fact, right now, i am in hunting for that soundtrack. Usually, score will be released after a year or 8 months. You should know one thing that i bought The Dark Knight very recently, which released in India just a month ago. But a very strange thing that they released Angels & Demons very quickly. Sometimes, some unusual thing happen in India, especially towards score albums. I never thought that i would see LOTR The fellowship of the ring complete recordings. I and my friend was totally shocked and surprised. We consider it as a MIRACLE. Am i over exaggerating? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote

Well, i can think of a couple of reasons.

kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009
    Daniel Schweiger's new interview with Nicholas Hooper - http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3434
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009
    hurray
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009 edited
    Why do people want John Williams to return final part of Harry Potter?

There are many people in the world would certainly wonder about the above question. Does his return will make any change?.

This weekend i dedicated myself to listening to Harry Potter scores (from 1 to 5). And also i saw the Half Blood Prince for second time, especially for the sake of score. Now, i certainly realize that why millions of fans around the world expect Maestro to return for the final Potter film and why people are dissatisfied with Hooper's music.

As i said before, i saw the movie for second time and observed the score, even though score worked really well in the movie, Hooper failed to deliver powerful and strong theme in Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. Yes, of course, i can realise the lot of differences between Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. In Order of the Phoenix, his score worked well in the CD, but failed in the movie. His score was totally immatured. But in HBP, he showed his maturity in composing and learned to improvise the musical composition little bit. Apart from that, Hooper failed to deliver most memorable and unforgettable themes. This is the biggest problem with Hooper.

Whereas, John Williams delivered some great themes in his first three movies, let me recollect those wonderful and powerful themes he wrote for the first three potter movies.

1. Harry Wondrous World - The Sorcerer's Stone
    2. The Quidditch Match - The Sorcerer's Stone ( very powerful action cue )
    3. Hedwig's Theme - The Sorcerer's stone ( very strong indeed )
    4. Fawkes the Phoenix - The Chamber of Secrets ( one of the best cue ever written for HP movies, in fact, nobody can argue against this one. This is completely strong and emotional one.)
    5. The Chamber of Secrets - The Chamber of Secrets ( very dark indeed)
    6. The Spiders - The Chamber of Secrets ( great action cue indeed )
    7. Dueling the Basilisk - The Chamber of Secrets ( good action cue )
    8. Reunion of Friends - The Chamber of Secrets ( how beautifully forwarded the themes from previous movie and improvised on it. Simply brilliant)
    9. Buckbeat's flight - The Prisoner of Azkaban
    10. A Windows to the Past - The Prisoner of Azkaban ( this is very very powerful and emotional theme ever composed. This one cue speaks of Maestro's composing qualities. This proves why his return is highly important for the final part of the Harry Potter)
    11. The Quidditch Third Year - The Prisoner of Azkaban( This is another dark action cue, when Dementors attack Harry Potter. This is really great action cue indeed. I noticed that in HBP, Hooper tried to develop this particular cue in Quidditch match 6th year, when Ron shows his heroic efforts. I realised that Hooper made sincere and honest attempt to improvise this particular cue but not impressive. Have you anyone noticed? )
    12. Mischief Managed - The Prisoner of Azkaban ( Great closing credits)

Apart from this, i don't find any problem with Nicholas Hooper's composing style. He is really good composer. But he should learn lot from Maestro.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009
    Excellently said, Sunil! I totally agree! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Sunil wrote

Meh! Only 4 minutes of that 12 minute suite is newly composed music. The rest is edited from previously existing cues. While it's a well edited suite it's a waste of disc space that could have been used for cues that didn't make the album.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote
    Meh! Only 4 minutes of that 12 minute suite is newly composed music. The rest is edited from previously existing cues. While it's a well edited suite it's a waste of disc space that could have been used for cues that didn't make the album.

-Erik-

Agreed. Especially that awesome timpani based action cue in the climax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Sunil wrote

-Erik-

Maybe, but you see most of the closing credits in the movies are like that. POA is not exceptional from that. But the thing is this one well edited closing credits. I really liked this. According to me, this is one of the best closing credits in Harry Potter movies. I think you can't argue against this. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    Excellently said, Sunil! I totally agree! beer

Ravi, did you see HBP? don't tell me that you have seen poster, i am asking about movie. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    They're showing only Hindi dubbed versions here. I guess I'll wait and buy the DVD later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    They're showing only Hindi dubbed versions here. I guess I'll wait and buy the DVD later.

I simply can't believe it. Actually, my cousin lives there. He told me that they release both English as well as in Hindi. First of all, i should confirm that you are residing at Delhi. If yes means, there should be in English also, if no means, yes, you are bound to wait for DVD release. DVD will be released by this year end or in 2010.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    No no, I am living in Lucknow. I think one hall does have an English version but from previous experience I don't prefer going there. The DVD comes out this December I heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DemonStar wrote
    No no, I am living in Lucknow. I think one hall does have an English version but from previous experience I don't prefer going there. The DVD comes out this December I heard.

Oh! i am sorry. Then you are bound to wait for DVD release. I recommend you to rent it, not to buy it as your own. Not worthy. If you want to own DVD, go for pirated one. biggrin