• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008
    NP : SPHERE - Elliot Goldenthal

Probably my 2nd fave Goldenthal after Final Fantasy cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    After having only been able to play the first 4 cues from MARCO BELTRAMI'S THE EYE and i almost fell asleep (is the rest of it as uninteresting and cliched a drone as those first 3-4 cues?) and the dreadful RUNDOWN by Harry Gregson Williams, i moved to MYCHAEL DANNA - Surf's up. First listen and on the 2nd cue but i am definitely NOT liking what i am listening so far.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    After having only been able to play the first 4 cues from MARCO BELTRAMI'S THE EYE and i almost fell asleep (is the rest of it as uninteresting and cliched a drone as those first 3-4 cues?) and the dreadful RUNDOWN by Harry Gregson Williams, i moved to MYCHAEL DANNA - Surf's up. First listen and on the 2nd cue but i am definitely NOT liking what i am listening so far.

Don't force yourself D, take a break from new listenings and play something you do like! cool

p.s. My NP is a great one punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    What is it mate?

I followed your advice: MARCO BELTRAMI - xxx: the state of union punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    What is it mate?

I followed your advice: MARCO BELTRAMI - xxx: the state of union punk punk

It's still the same one D, Sphere by Goldenthal cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Totally feeling you then mate; it's my 2nd favorite Goldenthal after FINAL FANTASY as well, probably ranking in the same place with TITUS and OTHELLO (no, i can't place those in 3rd and 4th places respectively, they HAVE to be no.2!) smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Changed to MARCO BELTRAMI - Underworld : evolution (complete)

I know, Alan and I might be the only fans this score has but i don't mind the slightest when i blow my neighbors away in full volume! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    ^ "The Future" cue is pure Beltrami´s epic finale. Amazing track.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The 13th Warrior | Jerry Goldsmith

Instant Goldsmith fix! Just what I needed. cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HELLBOY - Marco Beltrami

I fancied a bit of Beltrami too! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote

Goldsmith LIVES I tell you!!!

punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Pooh's Heffalump Movie - Joel McNeely

A delightful little score that hit the spot this afternoon. Sweet and innocent with a lovely little main theme.

Now moving onto...

Black Beauty - Danny Elfman

A masterpiece. This Irish influenced score fills me up with great joy. Elfman crafts one of his best themes in this score which gets tossed around from penny whistle to piano to solo violin. A touching, heartfelt, uplifting, score that also has a touch of Elfman's quirkiness especially during the "Frolic" music. There have been mainy GREAT scores inspired by children's films and this one is at or at least very near the top of the pile. Extraordinary stuff here!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Pooh's Heffalump Movie - Joel McNeely

A delightful little score that hit the spot this afternoon. Sweet and innocent with a lovely little main theme.

Yep, you've officially lost all street cred.

(wink)
  1. NP: The Last Sin Eater (Mark McKenzie)

A real emotional workout, this one.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

punk punk punk

RRrrrrrrrrrrrrright!?

In charge of the pizza parlour next door to the chip shop that Elvis runs if I'm not mistaken? biggrin
  2. NP: Agoniya (Schnittke)

Under-appreciated as a film composer, Schnittke is up there with Shostakovich, Rozsa and North.
    • CommentAuthorHauntFox
    The Golden Compass | Alexandre Desplat

I'd heard conflicting opinions of this, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. But I really like what I heard. I don't know if it's the amazingly clear sound quality or the orchestrations or maybe both, but this score sounds really unique. Maybe that's just because I haven't heard any Desplat before though.
    I think I'll get this score. (I'm currently borrowing it from my local library)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: KING KONG (2005) by James Newton Howard

The amazing emotional music in the Kong-Ann scenes ("Central Park") leaves me captivated for hours lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Christodoulides wrote

Not having a good day perhaps, D? wink

Tell me how can you listen to the first track of Surf's Up and not like it?? It's an excellent track!
    I think it's exactly the kind of music that will be used in commercials and on TV because it's so sweet and powerful at the same time. Listen to it a couple of times on repeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

punk punk punk

That is a mind-blowing score for sure; and the main theme is one of the most impressive you'll ever hear!

As for

DemonStar wrote
    NP: KING KONG (2005) by James Newton Howard

The amazing emotional music in the Kong-Ann scenes ("Central Park") leaves me captivated for hours lick

I couldn't agree more. I always thought that whatever is said for this score so far, is really too little compared to its actual valuel. Easily one of the composer's most inspired moments!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

punk punk punk

RRrrrrrrrrrrrrright!?

In charge of the pizza parlour next door to the chip shop that Elvis runs if I'm not mistaken? biggrin

Don't be silly. Elvis just went home.

It was the only thing I wanted to listen to! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    (moved from 'off topic' biggrin )

HANS ZIMMER / NICK GLENNIE SMITH - THE ROCK

Severe Zimmer-itis. punk x 315
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    (moved from 'off topic' biggrin )

HANS ZIMMER / NICK GLENNIE SMITH - THE ROCK

Severe Zimmer-itis. punk x 315

Ahhhhhh, comprehende!! biggrin

Nice one, wouldn't want this score severely bringing the tone down at 'off topic' tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    NP - Lair

I swear every time someone says the world "Lair" I decide to listen to this score. It's turning into an automatic response.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Lair

I swear every time someone says the world "Lair" I decide to listen to this score. It's turning into an automatic response.

How many times do people say lair I wonder!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Anthony wrote
    NP - Lair

How many times do people say lair I wonder!

A lot I expect

.....if you're a rat exterminator! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    NP: Star Trek: Insurrection

The first time I've listened to this in a while. I just realised that the piano figure that introduces the more action-styled section of the opening cue (after the main theme finishes) is straight from Capricorn One.
  3. NP: I wish I knew what (from Bob's game)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: I wish I knew what (from Bob's game)

What clip?
    Kazoo
  4. I wish I knew that too! wink

NP: Hable Con Ella (Iglesias)

Marvelous score.