• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    I get you the first example, open for discussion of course, like everything else is.

MICHAEL CLAYTON

At first I had this confused with Charlie Wilson's War and I was going to react all guns blazing. But yeah Michael Clayton. Totally agree. That score was a snoozefest and how it can get nominated while Dinosaur or Signs didn't, I'll never understand.

Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Indeed. BLADE RUNNER is probably one of the most perfectly scored films EVER!!

Agree! Great both in the film and on album.

On album: sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep suicide
    But that's just me.

It's actually hard to think of a good movie ruined by a bad score, because it's usually the other way around: an amazing score whose reputation was dragged down by the sucky movie it was attached to.

Still, in my time I've heard many people comment on one such great movie with questionable score: Ladyhawke. The preposterous 80's hip score seems so unfit for the medieval fare, and for many it ruins the movie, but I personally disagree. That score is SO much fun!!!!! And gorgeous love theme.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Charlie Wilson's War is a very nice score, those main themes and the middle eastern parts are really of my liking. Haven't seen the movie yet though, any good? I planned to watched it like forever to be honest, but i despise Julia Roberts SO much that i have difficulties actually sitting down and watching the movie.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The movie is a delight, and -as far as I'm concerned- mandatory viewing for Americans specifically, but basically for anyone who wondered how the hell we got where we are now with Afghanistan.

Not as visciously biting as it could have been. but it's definitely another winning and superlikeable performance from Hanks. Julia Roberts is fantastic as the rich bitch trying to bring the American Dream to Afghanistan.

Recommended!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh; if she plays a BITCH, then i might handle it! Thanks Martijn; any mention on the score? It works wonders on the CD, for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Errr... can't remember. Sorry. shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh; if she plays a BITCH, then i might handle it! Thanks Martijn; any mention on the score? It works wonders on the CD, for me.

I agree with Martijn on both counts, fine film but I can't remember the score either.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Charlie Wilson's War is a very nice score, those main themes and the middle eastern parts are really of my liking. Haven't seen the movie yet though, any good? I planned to watched it like forever to be honest, but i despise Julia Roberts SO much that i have difficulties actually sitting down and watching the movie.

I like the score very much, for the same reasons. As for Julia Roberts I too have a hard time sitting down and watching her, because sitting in a high state of arousal can be very uncomfortable.

Fantastic movie hindered by its score: Hellboy 2.
    Elfman produced a very acceptable Elfman piece, to be sure, but this is a sequel. The Hellboy franchise was already established with Beltrami's style, who produced essentially his greatest work for it, and you can't just go from Beltrami's style to Elfman and call that the same franchise. It's like night and day. At the very least if they'd made Elfman use some of the original Beltrami themes... Instead Elfman compounds insult to injury by creating a theme that frustratingly starts with the same notes as Beltrami's main theme but then segues into something else. Argghhh!!!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    JULIA ROBERTS GIVES YOU AN AROUSAL? Man this must be the most disturbing thing i've ever heard anyone saying!!!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christodoulides wrote
    JULIA ROBERTS GIVES YOU AN AROUSAL? Man this must be the most disturbing thing i've ever heard anyone saying!!!! shocked

You're right. It's very disturbing to contemplate that she'd give someone "an arousal." In truth several arousals have been involved here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2008 edited
    You kind sir DO have some disturbed preferences on the other sex!
  1. The Sixth Sense, almost everyone else likes it but I thinks that in this case the movie is ten times better than the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or the contrary wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

Troy Tempest looky-likey Julia Roberts!!!!? vomit
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer; my man. We understand each other. Thank God. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote

Btw THESE are NOT for the faint of heart. They are closely resembling the ugly, hideous truth.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer; my man. We understand each other. Thank God. beer

I. CAN'T. STAND. HER. beer

Try and check out a pic of Troy Tempest, you'll see I'm right. biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin I really feel you.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Can anyone find a pic of Troy Tempest and Julia Roberts to compare?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    It is difficult to say that a score ruins a film
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh it does; for many people it does, imho. I am one of them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christodoulides wrote

I can't look at these pics from work, but when I do I get the feeling that my iconic image of her as enforced by My Best Friend's Wedding will be crushed. You like to destroy my fantasies, don't you? cry wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I can't look at these pics from work, but when I do I get the feeling that my iconic image of her as enforced by My Best Friend's Wedding will be crushed. You like to destroy my fantasies, don't you? cry wink

TRUE! biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2008
    Timmer wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

TRUE! biggrin wink

NOT True!! shocked

Just finally got to look at these and obviously they're very funny. And obviously anyone's features can be exaggerated through caricature and made to have funny expressions. But I still think the real thing is gorgeous. Sorry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh; it's completely true! If you look over some REAL pics of her, the results are more shocking tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Julia Roberts mouth contains 1,328 teeth.

True or False? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Julia is cute and you guys are all mean. angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Julia is cute and you guys are all mean. angry

....and air-brushed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I couldn't stand the songs in The Graduate but it didn't ruin the film for me.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    sdtom wrote
    I couldn't stand the songs in The Graduate but it didn't ruin the film for me.

What about Mrs. Robinson??? cry