• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008 edited
    ^ Damn where is Stavroula when i need her angry wink biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008
    I know that Erik has gotten it! I'd bet that if Erik had a stroke his wife wouldn't leave him either
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And am I a bit bitter about this still. Yup
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I know that Erik has gotten it! I'd bet that if Erik had a stroke his wife wouldn't leave him either

That's a given. I'm her "faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow."

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

She would probably back up the enlightened, liberal view towards equality of the sexes rather than support the reactionary repressive Greek obsession with appearances! tongue
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A given not accepted by some
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'd love to hear her opinion on why it was ok for Susan to have left me after I had the stroke. As she said it was sorry not what I signed up for
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

She would probably back up the enlightened, liberal view towards equality of the sexes rather than support the reactionary repressive Greek obsession with appearances! tongue

Maybe. But personally and 'till now, I haven't met a woman here who is against looking good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's not about looking good, it's about adhering to standards industries and men impose! If a woman can't shave her ampits without the mob getting into an uproar it's a sorry state of affairs in my opinion.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    sdtom wrote
    I'd love to hear her opinion on why it was ok for Susan to have left me after I had the stroke. As she said it was sorry not what I signed up for

Janet would use a few profanities. Maybe use an emoticon or two like shocked and dizzy

Tom, when Susan married you she most definitely did sign up for what ever would happen to you. She just forgot the details of the contract and spat in your face.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    It's not about looking good, it's about adhering to standards industries and men impose! If a woman can't shave her ampits without the mob getting into an uproar it's a sorry state of affairs in my opinion.

It's not black and white; i am sure (as it shows) that not all men share my views. It's that i will personally stay as away as possible from that woman and she will not give a damn about me, amidst the other billions or men out there.

But when it comes to me, there's nothing wrong with a woman being a..woman imo. Having that forest in your arms, is definitely not a pro-feminine thingy; for me, i stress that again.

Oh and watching too much Sex and the City can seriously harm your health, Martijn biggrin tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    This is the liberal point of view I guess. What is cool that all of you at Maintitles put up with me and I appreciate
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    This is the liberal point of view I guess. What is cool that all of you at Maintitles put up with me and I appreciate

Don't know the details of both sides Tom, as usually these things are more complicated than what they seem, but if it happened like that, it's a very sad thing to hear and very deceitful of her.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

Maybe. But personally and 'till now, I haven't met a woman here who is against looking good.

I just want to clarify something... I hope you don't think that my wife doesn't care how she looks. She's incredibly self-conscience about her appearance. I think everyone is... but if we are spending a quiet (well, with Liam that's a rarity) day just farting (not literally) around the house then why should she spend ten hours dolling herself up when she can take a quick shower, put on some comfy clothes and just be herself. So, she has two day hair growth on her legs... she's got pants on, I can't see it and if we are going to get a little "closer" near the end of the day then something will be done about it - but not because I told her to or because that what I want but because that's what she wants and what makes her feel comfortable. Btu she knows my preferences - what I like and don't like - and visa versa.

We all have our own preferences which are perfectly valid. It might not be pleasing to the eye for some... me included... but I wouldn't go around calling someone dirty because they haven't shaved their pits in a week. Dirty is not washing your hands after taking a dump, picking your nose and eating it, rank body odor, not changing your underwear each and everyday, etc.

Anyway...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    But when it comes to me, there's nothing wrong with a woman being a..woman imo.

And for me there's nothing wrong with a woman being human. smile

Oh and watching too much Sex and the City can seriously harm your health, Martijn biggrin tongue

Yeah, that's what I mean: once you subscribe to a more liberal view of women and men being actually, you know, equal (something Sex And The City through tired and idiotic cliches goes out of its way to DISprove in much of its run, incidentally slant ), you get labeled as some sort of nouveau open-sandal kinda type.

Yes, I KNOW you were kidding, D., and that's all fine, really (kiss), but -in the bigger picture- it does annoy me that there is still so much work to do. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I just want to clarify something... I hope you don't think that my wife doesn't care how she looks. She's incredibly self-conscience about her appearance. I think everyone is... but if we are spending a quiet (well, with Liam that's a rarity) day just farting (not literally) around the house then why should she spend ten hours dolling herself up when she can take a quick shower, put on some comfy clothes and just be herself. So, she has two day hair growth on her legs... she's got pants on, I can't see it and if we are going to get a little "closer" near the end of the day then something will be done about it - but not because I told her to or because that what I want but because that's what she wants and what makes her feel comfortable. Btu she knows my preferences - what I like and don't like - and visa versa.

Too much info tongue

I know that my friend. I've seen how your wife looks like and i've read what you wrote, she's definitely not in the point of my arguments here, we are talking more in general with a starting point being THAT JULIA ROBERTS PHOTO with the forest.

We all have our own preferences which are perfectly valid. It might not be pleasing to the eye for some... me included... but I wouldn't go around calling someone dirty because they haven't shaved their pits in a week. Dirty is not washing your hands after taking a dump, picking your nose and eating it, rank body odor, not changing your underwear each and everyday, etc.

Anyway...

-Erik-

But i thought i already made perfectly clear that i despise Julia Roberts? I thought it was evident that my reactions to something related to her would be more edgy than usual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    But when it comes to me, there's nothing wrong with a woman being a..woman imo.

And for me there's nothing wrong with a woman being human. smile

Yeah, that's what I mean: once you subscribe to a more liberal view of women and men being actually, you know, equal (something Sex And The City through tired and idiotic cliches goes out of its way to DISprove in much of its run, incidentally slant ), you get labeled as some sort of nouveau open-sandal kinda type.

Yes, I KNOW you were kidding, D., and that's all fine, really (kiss), but -in the bigger picture- it does annoy me that there is still so much work to do. slant

Well, i can wholly appreciate all that, especially coming from you, a deeply thoughtful and cultivated individual whom i appreciate and respect. But please allow me to deeply disagree with some of that. Not the equality between men and women per se (to which i know you'll return again with my words linked as anti- wink ) but the specific matters of external appearance. I don't mind when they are being "broken" but i certainly don't want them next to me shame

Oh and taking that to express my utmost disgust to everything related to Sex and the City biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Thus the decision 'it wasn't what I signed up for' Where are the women to give their opinion when we need them
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    But i thought i already made perfectly clear that i despise Julia Roberts? I thought it was evident that my reactions to something related to her would be more edgy than usual.

I'm no fan either...

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    How does a moderator change the thread title? This one has changed
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, cause we always stay SO on topic in any other thread... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't mind. I am glad my words sparked the discussion as i deeply enjoyed all the arguments made, so much more than stupid forum rules.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't mind. I am glad my words sparked the discussion as i deeply enjoyed all the arguments made, so much more than stupid forum rules.

Which - the company, the carefree discussions, the depth of arguments and the (usually wink ) civilized nature of all along with the strong relationships we have in here, is what sets mt apart other film music related websites and forums, imho. kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    It is good and sad at the same time to read all these comments - and Tom, I can understand you, I, myself am divorced and it was definitely not among my plans when I got married...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    imho

imho NOTHING

<channeling Timmer> FACT! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Group hug?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    keky wrote
    It is good and sad at the same time to read all these comments - and Tom, I can understand you, I, myself am divorced and it was definitely not among my plans when I got married...

Why sad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Group hug?

Go hug a rabbit, you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Or a spider biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Christodoulides wrote
    keky wrote

Why sad?

Because reading Eric's comments on his marriage just makes me feel sad about how my own turned out...