• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Group hug?

Go hug a rabbit, you.

It's pronounced bunny. bunny
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Keky, I understand...sorry to hear that sad Come and join the Steven*-proposed GROUP HUG! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

* despite the fact that he should be banned for not participating with his views biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2008
    Christodoulides wrote

* despite the fact that he should be banned for not participating with his views biggrin

I like a furry muff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I like a furry muff.

A short, but honest view, that's for sure...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    'nough said omg
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    See, it's at points like this I really have to debate myself whether to kiss you or to kick your arse.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    See, it's at points like this I really have to debate myself whether to kiss you or to kick your arse.

You'd probably have more luck with the latter than you would with the former.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's what you say to everyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I like a furry muff.

And onto a whole other topic which I won't discuss here especially if Demetris thought that one of my earlier posts gave away to much information. However... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I'm here boys!!!!Time to here a woman's point of view! I have to say I agree with Demetris! Here we have it as a rule . "Be always well looking (not good looking) and use your brains to make a man admire you!But after you get together be as good looking as you can to keep yourself and him happy". I'm not always a model, and my boyfriend has seen me in bad days as I have seen him too and he wanted me then as well. But nothing comperes to the feeling a woman gets when see has spend some time to look nice and the look of admiration she gets.
    I appriciate the fact that I'm wanted for my personality and my brains but since it makes me and him happy to take care of myself I like to do it!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Love you kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Stavroula wrote
    But nothing comperes to the feeling a woman gets wheh see has send sometime to look nice and the look of admiration she gets.

I'm with you on this 100%. My wife and I attended a wedding reception two weeks ago and seeing her pretty herself up with that classic little black dress was nothing short of stunning! But I can also see that beauty through the sweat shirts and jogging pants on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    My friend, i get you.

Watching me liking her, wanting her badly and acting...well, *cough*, happy , makes her even more satisfied as a woman and it shows. I am not implying that i see nothing beyond the external appearance and yes there are LOTS of things that bond women and men together apart the surface of everything but on the other hand, it's all about how do certain people face things: i personally pay lots of attention to external appearance; i don't want a fake, anorexic photoshopped babe that you afraid to touch in order not to break , but i do want the girl next to me to be feminine , to be a woman; i want me to LIKE her badly and not feeling the need to "look around" for hotter women.

smile

That's exactly what I was taliking to about in my previous post!Being feminine, a woman my man cannot get his eyes from is what I want! Not make him unhappy so he would have to look around. And don't mistake me.Here in Greece we expect the same from our men! wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't mind. I am glad my words sparked the discussion as i deeply enjoyed all the arguments made, so much more than stupid forum rules.

fireworks beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I like a furry muff.

:cough: :splutter: shocked biggrin

Thanks for the laugh.......I needed that beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Stavroula wrote
    I'm here boys!!!!Time to here a woman's point of view! I have to say I agree with Demetris! Here we have it as a rule . "Be always well looking (not good looking) and use your brains to make a man admire you!But after you get together be as good looking as you can to keep yourself and him happy". I'm not always a model, and my boyfriend has seen me in bad days as I have seen him too and he wanted me then as well. But nothing comperes to the feeling a woman gets when see has spend some time to look nice and the look of admiration she gets.
    I appriciate the fact that I'm wanted for my personality and my brains but since it makes me and him happy to take care of myself I like to do it!

There we are. Opinion from the source! cheesy

But I believe we can still open up the focus of this discussion: if women hold themselves to certain standards, why can't men? In fact why shouldn't they? If big hairy patches don't look good on women, then why would they look good on men too. After thousands of years of history, I think the modern man owes it to womankind to fix himself up a little.

If it's true that nothing compares to the looks of admiration a woman gets when she has spent some time to look nice, as Stavroula said, then the same is true for a man. We both like attention, men and women. :vain:
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    HeeroJF wrote

But I believe we can still open up the focus of this discussion: if women hold themselves to certain standards, why can't men? In fact why shouldn't they? If big hairy patches don't look good on women, then why would they look good on men too. After thousands of years of history, I think the modern man owes it to womankind to fix himself up a little.

If it's true that nothing compares to the looks of admiration a woman gets when she has spent some time to look nice, as Stavroula said, then the same is true for a man. We both like attention, men and women. :vain:

Well, of course I agree. It's just that if a man has a relatively good body and looks in general is easier for him to look great. A woman even with a good body and a beautiful face has to try a bit more! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Interesting that you skirted my issue
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    HeeroJF wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    But nothing comperes to the feeling a woman gets when see has spend some time to look nice and the look of admiration she gets.

Greeks. rolleyes

I despair sometimes.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Well, of course I agree. It's just that if a man has a relatively good body and looks in general is easier for him to look great. A woman even with a good body and a beautiful face has to try a bit more! smile

BOOM!
    There ya go!
    "A woman even with a good body and a beautiful face has to try a bit more!"

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about!
    It's a double standard frame of mind that annoys me NO END. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm learning to live alone.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote

BOOM!
    There ya go!

SHE HAS TO TRY MORE BECAUSE IN GREECE AT LEAST MOST WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!
    And don't insult me by saying I have a double standard frame of mind. slant angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Stavroula wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Stavroula wrote

BOOM!
    There ya go!

SHE HAS TO TRY MORE BECAUSE IN GREECE AT LEAST MOST WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!
    And don't insult me by saying I have a double standard frame of mind. slant angry

But you see, whether you like it or not, it IS a double standard. sad

if a man has a relatively good body and looks in general is easier for him to look great.

A woman even with a good body and a beautiful face has to try a bit more!

I can't make anything else of it. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    It's not Martjin. Is it double standard thinking to believe that for men is more simple to be good looking than for women who are naturaly more good looking anyway, so in order to make the difference and improve themselves more, they have to try more? I think I'm not saying a lie.
    You can believe that it is double standard if you think it is. I won't try to change your opinion. I'm just telling you this is not my way of thinking and it saddens me to know you believe this for me. Anyway. We disagree, no harm done.
    And before you say anything negative about me believing a woman is more good looking than a man, let me clarify that for me a man should be male and attractive, not handsome per se. it does nto count that much to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha, ha, ha....I love how these threads turn in COMPLETELY different directions than what you expect. From "good movies with bad scores" to "Julia Roberts" to "female hygiene". Ya gotta love it! :D

By the way, are you familiar with the term 'metro-sexual'? It usually applies to urban, young men like myself and the way they dress up. Over these last few years, it has become more and more common in Northern European countries (especially Sweden, but also Norway) for men to use certain accessories, perfume etc. Things that were probably frowned upon and considered for "gays only" just 10-15 years ago. This was very evident in 2004-2006, and is not as popular today (more a in-between position), but I have - personally - always been one to follow the trends more or less, to dress up when necessary, to shave and groom, smell good and - untill just two months ago - work out regularly.

I'm not sure how common this is down South in Europe or across the pond.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Anything goes in So. Ca.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Ha, ha, ha....I love how these threads turn in COMPLETELY different directions than what you expect. From "good movies with bad scores" to "Julia Roberts" to "female hygiene". Ya gotta love it! :D

By the way, are you familiar with the term 'metro-sexual'? It usually applies to urban, young men like myself and the way they dress up. Over these last few years, it has become more and more common in Northern European countries (especially Sweden, but also Norway) for men to use certain accessories, perfume etc. Things that were probably frowned upon and considered for "gays only" just 10-15 years ago. This was very evident in 2004-2006, and is not as popular today (more a in-between position), but I have - personally - always been one to follow the trends more or less, to dress up when necessary, to shave and groom, smell good and - untill just two months ago - work out regularly.

Yeap! Same term same ol' thing....men were doing this centuries ago, it's all swings and roundabouts. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote

I'm all for looking after yourself, nobody's truly ugly if they look after themselves a bit (and have a nice personality). But I do find these 'metro-sexual' nonces rather annoying.
    We're all vain, it's human, and a little bit of vanity is healthy for a social life... but I hate vanity when it becomes excessive, or when people can't admit to their own vanity.

I look after myself, but I certainly don't spend an hour in front of the mirror each morning grooming myself to perfection. That's not who I am. I'm an honest person, and with that I have an honest image.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Well said that man punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Steven wrote
    I'm all for looking after yourself, nobody's truly ugly if they look after themselves a bit (and have a nice personality). But I do find these 'metro-sexual' nonces rather annoying.
    We're all vain, it's human, and a little bit of vanity is healthy for a social life... but I hate vanity when it becomes excessive, or when people can't admit to their own vanity.

I look after myself, but I certainly don't spend an hour in front of the mirror each morning grooming myself to perfection. That's not who I am. I'm an honest person, and with that I have an honest image.

Now forgive me for interjecting but I do believe that is a double-standard. It's okay for women to devote effort and time to grooming but not men? If you find metrosexuals (of which I am one) annoying in the way they groom, why don't you find women's grooming habits annoying too?

But I think I agree with another one of Stavroula's points in a certain way: it's harder for a woman to stand out even if she has a good face and body because she basically has a lot of competition (indeed I agree that women tend to be more beautiful to begin with). It's rather easy for a man to stand out because most men are slobs (sorry guys, let's admit it. just look at us), but he still has to make the effort of grooming himself to achieve that status.

I guess this is just the natural way we've evolved: most creatures in nature has the male all pimped up with lots of decorations (peacock, stag, bird of paradise, lion) compared to the very bland-looking female, but for primates it turned out to be the opposite. Just the way it is.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me