• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yes, even as Hans Florian Zimmer bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorantonios
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2009
    Love Hans Zimmer work in the films

PEARL HARBOUR (my favorite !!!)
    GLADIATOR (so magical)
    AS GOOD AS GETS (so vivid themes)
    THE LAST SAMURAI (see the track "A hard teacher")
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2009
    Nautilus wrote
    http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?req … mp;start=1

Oohohohoho

All the credits here!

Yes! Gore Verbinski even wrote additional music for the score too!!!! AYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYA!!!!! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Oohohohoho

All the credits here!

Yes! Gore Verbinski even wrote additional music for the score too!!!! AYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYA!!!!! rolleyes

You need buy original cd's. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Pot and Kettle spring to mind.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Oohohohoho

All the credits here!

You need buy original cd's. rolleyes

You must be kidding me, right? shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Angels & Demons Soundtrack

Release date: May 12, 2009
    Label: SONY CLASSICS

-> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001X7TJOC/

lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009
    Nice!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2009 edited
    Wow wow! Great news!! punk

Really eager for the tracklisting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2009 edited
    There are a few preview clips up here - http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809951159/video/12209162

"First Marker" has a rearranged version of Chevaliers De Sangreal with a nice cello, and "Science And Religion" has an action version of The Citrine Cross!
    • CommentAuthorkosinek
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009
    ANGELS & DEMONS (CD cover already on Amazon!)

Music by HANS ZIMMER

Violin Solos By Joshua Bell !!!!

Maybe Zimmer was jealous after James Newton Howard's Defiance!wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009 edited
    Violin solos? In a HZ score?!

Me sold.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I hope he includes a fair amount of action music on the CD though. Unlike what JNH did with Defiance...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    kosinek wrote
    Music by HANS ZIMMER

Joshua Bell? Perhaps I will buy it! Last Zimmer cd I bought was in 2004.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BhelPuri wrote
    kosinek wrote
    Music by HANS ZIMMER

What, you haven't heard THE DA VINCI CODE? You're missing something right there if you haven't.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Wau. The CD cover looks splendid... can't wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2009 edited
    Thor wrote
    BhelPuri wrote
    kosinek wrote
    Music by HANS ZIMMER

What, you haven't heard THE DA VINCI CODE? You're missing something right there if you haven't.

Oh, I do listen to Zimmer scores on online stations like SST and with free downloads from my school's music provider Ruckus. But the last cd I bought was Beyond Rangoon. Before that I got Gladiator and The Rock.
    I'm not a fan of his Da Vinci Code score. The Chevaliers de Sangreal cue is nice indeed.

The Zimmer that I really like is when he's doing the smaller films like Spanglish, The Holiday, House of the Spirits. I don't want the over-the-top MV/RCP-ism or the dronish Batman-ism
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oh, interesting.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Oh, interesting.

Mildly.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009 edited
    Angels & Demons is the score I'm looking forward to the most at the moment. I'm also trying to hear nothing untill I can get the complete experience, on CD. I never really succeeded at that till now, though...

After The Dark Knight and Pirates, I'm also hoping there'll be somehow a special edition version with extra music. Although I don't really think that will happen...
    • CommentAuthorkosinek
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    Angels & Demons is the score I'm looking forward to the most at the moment. I'm also trying to hear nothing untill I can get the complete experience, on CD. I never really succeeded at that till now, though...

Me too!
    I always try to wait until I buy the CD but if only there are some clips online the temptation is to big!
    Some time ago I wanted to wait with listening to the music and see the movie first but with some premiere schedules (I live in Poland and sometimes there is two months difference between the US premiere an ours) and my impatience I didn't succeed either!wink

So let's be brave BobdH and try to endure the temptation;)
  2. Welcome my compatriot, you know our website? (link in my signature)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. I would love to see the movie before listening to the music, but I know it will be hard. I plan for getting the CD beforehand so that I have it availiable directly after the movie, but the temptation it will represent to have it around me could easily exceed my strength.
    • CommentAuthorkosinek
    Welcome my compatriot, you know our website? (link in my signature)

Hallo Paweł! I actually do know your website and I occasionally visit it but I have to say I got used to soundtracks.pl (where I have my two reviews:)
    Still, they were written only as a hobby and I have a feeling that my backgroud musical knowledge is not good enough to feel confident.
    But I see that we came from the same area of fascination by 90's Zimmer scores:)
    Some people start their affair with his music (Batman and Pirates) and probably can feel sth similar.
    My affair went on to marriage with its ups and downs but when I see a great violonist associated with Zimmer (finally! - after Horner and Newton Howard) my heart still can beat faster!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I would love to see the movie before listening to the music, but I know it will be hard. I plan for getting the CD beforehand so that I have it availiable directly after the movie, but the temptation it will represent to have it around me could easily exceed my strength.

Totally agree. I can´t even remember how many times I´ve tried NOT to listen the score BEFORE watching the movie. Mission: Impossible.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    Actually I want to watch the film before I listen to the score too. I loved the book and I want to see what the movie's like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I don't want put very expectations in this score. The Da Vinci Code is so good, that Angels and Demons can't be better or more satisfying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think i am with Jordi here. I have the impression that it's going to be a Da Vinci Code redux, which isn't exactly the most enjoyable thing when it's re-done. Like a Brian Tyler score, the first time you hear this stuff is always more enjoyable than the following retakes.
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    I think i am with Jordi here. I have the impression that it's going to be a Da Vinci Code redux, which isn't exactly the most enjoyable thing when it's re-done. Like a Brian Tyler score, the first time you hear this stuff is always more enjoyable than the following retakes.

Zimmer hates re using ideas, so I expect a score that is similar to The Da Vinci Code, but without enough interesting variations and perhaps another secondary theme to keep it distinctly different from the first

at least that's what I hope
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    He hates re-using ideas? What about THE DARK KNIGHT. Or his romantic comedy scores that could all be part of one large album? Or the variations of Gladiator he did after that film?

And i think you meant: " but with enough interesting variations (...)" wink