• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    There is a bootleg, Jordi smile

Yeap, But the sound quality is very poor. sad

No its not. Unless you have something different.

-Erik-

How Many tracks your bootleg has?

I have the recording sessions. Two discs worth.

-Erik-

I have a 31 track version, with 1:17:02 of music on it. Sound quality is fine, great score. Watcha talkin' 'bout Jordi?

Heart of Darkness | Bruce Broughton

Before there was Medal Of Honor, there was this. 35 minutes of pure Broughton goodness!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT - Quincy Jones

Long time no hear. This is great jazzy bluesy score and even features some scat.

Great score for a great film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2007
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    NP: The Golden Compass

I still can't stop listening to this, and it still keeps on getting better and better. Score of the year without question for me.

You know... if I gave Beowulf another shot I'm going to have to give this one another shot. I still have my doubts about it...

-Erik-

Did you change your opinion of Beowulf in the end? I don't think it's great... but also don't think it's awful, which I think was what you thought.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

I still can't stop listening to this, and it still keeps on getting better and better. Score of the year without question for me.

You know... if I gave Beowulf another shot I'm going to have to give this one another shot. I still have my doubts about it...

-Erik-

Did you change your opinion of Beowulf in the end? I don't think it's great... but also don't think it's awful, which I think was what you thought.

I did change my opinion. When played at a ridiculously high volume level... let's say 11... it really shines. It's not a terrible score but it's not a great score. It's average. But as I stated before I expect more from Silvestri when working with Zemeckis. Beowoulf is not one of his more inspired Zemeckis film scores.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Harry Gregson-Williams - Spy Game

His most accesible and listenable action work and probably best, even if as a film score Man on Fire is a masterpiece. Great thematic materials, the best MV orchestrations in the time of conception of this score (aside from Zimmer himself), good electronic sounds, though as harsh as HGW can get. Great stuff. It's like revisiting an old friend.

Exactly!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I did change my opinion. When played at a ridiculously high volume level... let's say 11... it really shines. It's not a terrible score but it's not a great score. It's average. But as I stated before I expect more from Silvestri when working with Zemeckis. Beowoulf is not one of his more inspired Zemeckis film scores.

-Erik-

Erik, watch the movie mate; you'll see that the score is way better than you think now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's not a terrible score but it's not a great score... Beowoulf is not one of his more inspired Zemeckis film scores.

Yeah, about what I think.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY - Ennio Morricone

One of the all time great scores and deservedly so, brilliant! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Atom Nine Adventures (Gulya)

For a score to a very low budget film (a little over $20,000 to make), the score is very impressive in terms of scope. I like the retro feel to it and thanks to the mixing, it feels like a major score to a Hollywood blockbuster than one to an independent film. Highly recommended... can this count as a 2007 release since it was released in the Shriekfest Film Festival in October? I don't think it's one of the best scores of 2007, but it's a very good one.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
  1. Nautilus wrote
    NP:Vertigo (herrman)

Hitchkock is my favourite director. But Vertigo is so boringgggggggggggg....

Anyway, i like the score...

I'll just never understand your listening experience, Jordi!!

Boring...but you like the score!! dizzy wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. BobdH wrote
    I love how the score opens romantic...

This is exactly, from my reading of what Ridley Scott did to Goldsmith's score, why the director had it rescored. It was too romantic and just didn't fit with what he wanted for the movie...but then he decided on Howard Hanson's Romantic track for the end titles!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

the movie is boring! I like the score!
  3. Nautilus wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Nautilus wrote

the movie is boring! I like the score!

Ah! I obviously missed that from my port-induced haze. wink
  4. Timmer wrote
    NP : THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY - Ennio Morricone

One of the all time great scores and deservedly so, brilliant! cool

Amen.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Listening to Atom Nine Adventures again, and it's really starting to grow on me. After listening to the sound quality, I'm curious as to how much of that $20,000 budget went into financing the score, because it sounds really, really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: 72 meters (morricone)
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Jordi, what's the obsession with big fonts? The regular fonts take up less page space...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He wants to be heard. Obviously he's quite a quiet person in real life and thus manifests himself as this crazy, attention-seeking fanboy as we know him. Or... perhaps he really is like that in real life? There's a scary thought.

Inside Man | Terence Blanchard

Sinister and cool. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Matt C wrote
    Jordi, what's the obsession with big fonts? The regular fonts take up less page space...

People put the "NP" with this letters because are more elegant..Why I can't?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    He wants to be heard. Obviously he's quite a quiet person in real life and thus manifests himself as this crazy, attention-seeking fanboy as we know him. Or... perhaps he really is like that in real life? There's a scary thought.

What is really scary is a guy like you, so ready to offense people with your words.
  5. Steven wrote

Sinister and cool. cool

If you can get your hands on 'Funeral Dirge' from Blanchard's A Tale of God's Will: Requiem for Katrina album, you'll find that fits in REALLY well with Inside Man. It's basically a big jazz band version of the string quartet theme in 'Nazis pay too well'.

NP: In Rainbows (Radiohead)

Not many popular artists depress me quite like this group. They make me enjoy depression!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

Sinister and cool. cool

If you can get your hands on 'Funeral Dirge' from Blanchard's A Tale of God's Will: Requiem for Katrina album, you'll find that fits in REALLY well with Inside Man. It's basically a big jazz band version of the string quartet theme in 'Nazis pay too well'.

Me likes the sounds of that. smile
  6. Actually, if you like Blanchard's smooth jazz, the whole Requiem album is a treat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

Are you serious!? This is the kind of stuff i read from you from time to time Jordi and drives me totally crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote

Sinister and cool. cool

Me likes the sounds of that. smile

A Tale of God's Will: Requiem for Katrina is one of this year's most mature and heartfelt musical works, a real gem. I enjoyed every single note in it, Blanchard is one rare, true artist.
  7. He is also very beautiful. Oops, maybe went a bit too far there. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Are you serious!? This is the kind of stuff i read from you from time to time Jordi and drives me totally crazy

It's slow, overdramatic, over suspenseful, over Morricone.

NP:Star Trek First Contact.

Only the Goldsmith tracks. 32 minutes.

I played so much the main theme in my earlier days as a moviemusic fan, that I forgot it in the recent years!

"Red Alert" or "temporal Wave" are an splendid action tracks with Worf theme used with a lot of energy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    franz_conrad wrote
    He is also very beautiful. Oops, maybe went a bit too far there. biggrin

biggrin
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Nobody's perfect, D...

I don't like Brian Tyler, e.g. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Video Game) | James Hannigan

Definitely better than Nicholas Hooper's film score. It has a bit of the lighter touch Hooper used, but the action sequences are definitely more satisfying and more complex -- the choral stuff is more Williams-y (such as "Death Eaters" and "Dumbledore and Voldemort"). Due to licencing issues, none of the music outrightly referencing "Hedwig's Theme" is available for purchase, but bits of the theme are cleverly integrated into "Welcome to Hogwarts", "Wand Battle" and "Dumbledore and Voldemort".