• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Constitution Class starship? Which series is it?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Make sure to read my edited version above.

Yeah..I read it.

And I don't know if im man enough, But I like laugh of myself so you can make jokes with my titles or my visceral reactions ! wink

How you correctly said, Im not trying to offense to anyone, i just think if i said something about some score (even Im rude) it's not like if you attack the father or the mother of someone.

NP:SpiderWick Chronicles (Horner)

Definetly I like it.

The fact that is not very thematic works very well, because it's (or it seems) more complex and it's all about the orchestrations and the textures.

Im not sure if it's a very good score, because it lacks focus, and not having an strong theme is a little bit dissapointment, but for sure it's a very interesting fantasy taste.

The last tracks are pure Horner like we have no heard since Willow or Land Before time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    @ Pawel: The most famous and beautiful starship ever was a ship from the Constitution Class:

NCC 1701 - U.S.S. Enterprise (and no frakkin´1701-A, B, C, D, or E) punk

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/wallpa … 0x1024.jpg

@ Nautilus: You will - most probably - discover some themes after some more listenings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2007
    NP: Grace is Gone-Clint Eastwood

Trying to find the words for my article
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I just think you are brutally honest about each and every flim of emotion you have, how interchangable they may be and come. You express what you think is an opinion, but most of the time it is just an assumption based on carelessly build thoughts. I have the impression that you listen to scores in exactly the same way how you read texts - very fast, without really "getting" the information. This is why you, for example, continuously write score and track titles wrong, or change your opinion about something every other day, or have to write in big letters, because you think no one will see or even read the small ones.

But this is not the case, Jordi. We read each and everything you write, regardless of size, colour, content, or level of pain. I don´t write this to annoy you, just to show you how some of us feel.

Personally, I don´t care. I remind you of correct titles sometimes, if it gets too annoying or carries danger of mistakes. Sometimes I make jokes of you without really laughing at you, if you get what I mean. I sense that you can take them as a man, and that´s why I keep doing them, not to annoy you.

I like your honesty, your very outwardly shown nature and emotions, but it gets a bit harsh sometimes. You are a funny and likeable person. But sometimes you just seem to have been hit by a constitution class starship.

Excellent. Now do me!! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    @ Pawel: The most famous and beautiful starship ever was a ship from the Constitution Class:

Is that the original Enterprise from the original series pimped? Or was it meant to be an entirely new ship but based on the original series' Enterprise? I've never been clear on that... (?)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Is that the original Enterprise from the original series pimped? Or was it meant to be an entirely new ship but based on the original series' Enterprise? I've never been clear on that... (?)

To update the original series ship it had a huge overhaul in Star Trek The Motion Picture sat in the drydock where Kirk and Mr. Scott inspect it accompanied by fantastic music written by some geezer who's name escapes me right now wink

In short....it was Pimped! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    msia2k75 wrote
    Sometimes, Nautilus, you're really really annoying.... and yes it's your opinion but still. angry angry

Indeed. I truly believe he has stuff blocking his ears most of the times! Or he expresses himself in this fashion only to annoy people.

Do you think this Demetris? really?

Nah, you know i love you kiss wink But I do think that you like to upset people some times, it entertains you a bit!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Xzibit and his crew pimping the Enterprise? Now that's a scene I would love to see! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Xzibit and his crew pimping the Enterprise? Now that's a scene I would love to see! biggrin

dizzy

NP : THE FURY - John Williams

I fancied a good, strong muscular score with no mamby pambyness in it, The Fury fits that bill nicely!

Coincidently, this, IM ( never humble ) O is one of the all time great scores! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Atonement-Dario Marianelli

This is my very first listen to this score. The beginning of "Briony" with the typewriter ( wonder what kind it is) being a part of the score is intriguing. I think I'll like it due to its classical nature but time will tell
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Sorry, I´ve been posting the same for a few days, but I can´t help it, so....

NP Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem (Brian Tyler)

Sshhh....I better keep quiet, I don´t want to start the "fight" again (do we Pawel? Demetris? wave ). But every time I listen to it I´m more anxious to watch the film. Can´t wait to listen it with the images (my only concern is if such a big and "noisy" score can be listenable in a movie full of sound effects).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Spiderwick Chronicles - James Horner

Four tracks in and so far it's reminds me of Casper the most. Nothing really great or good so far...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbartley
    Wow they got Horner for that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Spiderwick Chronicles - James Horner

Four tracks in and so far it's reminds me of Casper the most. Nothing really great or good so far...

-Erik-

Wait until the eight track, then becomes more focused and a little more thematic.

But it has the same problems like Golden compass, and the same virtues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Still listening to Spidewick and YES, this is a lot like Casper right down to Casper's Lullaby. <-- Shameful! Now, it takes 10 tracks for something to FINALLY happen and then BLAMO!!!! - Horner blows me away with "The Flight of the Griffin." I knew this would be a winner just by reading the track name. An outstanding piece. But one solid track out of 10 is quite disappointing!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Still listening to Spidewick and YES, this is a lot like Casper right down to Casper's Lullaby. <-- Shameful! Now, it takes 10 tracks for something to FINALLY happen and then BLAMO!!!! - Horner blows me away with "The Flight of the Griffin." I knew this would be a winner just by reading the track name. An outstanding piece. But one solid track out of 10 is quite disappointing!

-Erik-

Yeah! track 10 is terrific. this kind of rocketeer/star trek II trumpet fanfarres!. Some action tracks with Aliens sound appears too.
  2. Marselus wrote

Sshhh....I better keep quiet, I don´t want to start the "fight" again (do we Pawel? Demetris? wave ). But every time I listen to it I´m more anxious to watch the film. Can´t wait to listen it with the images (my only concern is if such a big and "noisy" score can be listenable in a movie full of sound effects).

I'll actually rather pass on the film, not because of Tyler though. It's completely not my cup of tea, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

punk punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Well of course is a pure fun movie. Aliens, Predators, chases, fights between those creatures, shootouts, plus Tyler and his magic batton....what else can we ask for? punk
  3. My problem is probably the violence.

I must admit. I don't think I've ever heard Tyler in context. I wanted to watch Frailty, though, but either something more important was on or I forgot.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Well of course is a pure fun movie. Aliens, Predators, chases, fights between those creatures, shootouts, plus Tyler and his magic batton....what else can we ask for? punk

An "intelligent" story? A "good" script?

.......or is that too much to ask? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

An "intelligent" story? A "good" script?

.......or is that too much to ask? rolleyes

Hmmm......intelligent story for an Aliens Vs Predator movie? Then we wouldn´t have Aliens, Predators, chases, fights between those creatures, shootouts plus Tyler and his magic batton!

Good script? Hmmmm.....the only script I need in AVP2 is BOOOOM!! BAAAAANG! CRASSSHHHH! "We gotta get out of here!!!", "Is anybody there?", "Something´s wrong here", etc etc....all with Tyler´s score in the background. If I want something else I only have to rewatch Alien I, II or III, or Predator.
  4. Good script means also a good story, mind you, though who knows...

I have a problem with excessive gore/violence. I don't want to watch movies which would make me vomit. I saw a clip and seeing a close-up of a guy on which the acid blood is falling is kinda... What the hell do we need that for? And why the directors are so happy about killing off a 9/10 year old with a chestburster? YEAH GREAT, LET'S KILL OFF A KID. I'm not particularly moved by something like that, but why the hell be so happy about it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Empire Strikes Back | John Williams (plus additional 'ghostwriters' if you want to be f*cking pedantic about it)

Perfect. Every bloody note!
  5. The Polar Express - Alan Silvestri

This will be the last listen for the next months.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY - Jerry Goldsmith

Rollicking good fun with a corking theme punk cool
  6. Timmer wrote

One of my favourite Goldsmith themes!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Antineutrino wrote
    Timmer wrote

One of my favourite Goldsmith themes!

Yeah, it's so damn infectious! cool
  7. Antineutrino wrote
    The Polar Express - Alan Silvestri

This will be the last listen for the next months.

I caught this movie on TV last night and the dead eyes-thing gave me the willies!! Silvestri's score was very effective in the bits of the movie I saw.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn