• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007
    I don't understand how people can praise a score after hearing themes and motifs from one or more scores inserted into another score.

Yeah Horner. You continue to do what you do best... lifting and borrowing. Bravo!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Yeah, but it's all thrown in with fresh stuff that sounds great. I'm passed being bothered about his ripped and borrowed, cut and paste habbits. He does it well.
    Besides, Horner has gone back to his old eighties style here and means a lot to me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I don't hear anything in this score that resembles anything like his wonderful, thematic, epic fantasy scores of the 80's or 90's. Star Trek II this is not. Cocoon this is not. Willow this is not. The Rocketeer this is not. Once Upion A Forest this is not. It has no emotion (with the exception of the Griffin cue) and it's all so unfocused. The score is all over the place. I think there are original ideas in here but nothing gets developed. There is really no theme to hold on to and even if there is a shred of melody its from something far superior. Yes, Casper is leagues ahead of this waste of time.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2007 edited
    I was Playing: Close Encouters (Williams)

Past night, When I was in bed I was listening it . A true masterpiece, and one of the most inventive scores from the old man.

The Kidnapping of the Kid is scored with a very terrorific stuff! And the main theme fits very well for the "wonders" of this gentle E.T's

NP: Spiderwick Chronicles

Like Atham has said in the previous post, the prodigal son has returned.

from track 8 to end are true magnificent.

I love this Aliens moments, Do you? And the main little theme with appears is really tender and charming.

(Horner's rip offs are not so obvious like in other of his scores, though)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

Yes... they are.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Yes... they are.

-Erik-

No, the danger motif is heard with flute tongue

I can't belive you are not blowed away with the 7 final tracks (almost 40 minutes).

"lucinda's Story" has a great use of the synthetiser. A really Trevor Jones like! and a briefly Peceameker moment...

PS:( I really have to watch what I wrotte more carefully)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

GOATS!?

Awwwww c'mon, cute or what?

What?!?! Who doesn't like GOATS?! SOUUUTHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah Horner. You continue to do what you do best... lifting and borrowing. Bravo!!!
    -Erik-

Horner the forklift biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Williams Spierlberg Collaboration (Boston Pop Orchestra).

I use to listen this music before I started to buy Zimmer scores. Then I changed to the MV stuff. So I have forgot for years Williams and I started to hate his sound.

Now, I begin to love this man again. (Im still are not a great fan of his dramatic music, but his action/adventure stuff is almost the best thing you can hear).

and Im in a Indy mood!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

GOATS!?

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a few goats!
  1. NP: Steve Jablonsky - Transformers (Official Score Release)

My first listen... Oh - my - frakkin´ - GOD !!!

I LOVE what they did to the original tracks for this album... I´m in absolute awe. What a score!!! I loved it in the theatre, and I loved every snippet and bit I was able to find, but now, listening to the actual CD, FINALLY, THANK YOU, I am not only pleased. I´m blown away.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: Steve Jablonsky - Transformers (Official Score Release)

I LOVE what they did to the original tracks for this album... I´m in absolute awe. What a score!!! I loved it in the theatre, and I loved every snippet and bit I was able to find, but now, listening to the actual CD, FINALLY, THANK YOU, I am not only pleased. I´m blown away.

Yep, the best album possible with Jablonsky´s material, and far far better than the promos / bootlegs that appeared previously. The first tracks in a suite format with all the major themes was a brilliant idea. Now you can enjoy the "Arrival to Earth" track at his best wink
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    It´s the track I´m hearing right now! biggrin Now off to the second half...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Total Recall (Original Realease)

Of course the deluxe edetion is much better, but the original realease is a great listening experience. (and other thing...it's the edition i have bought).

Do i have to say something about my favourite Goldsmith score?

"clever Girl" is so addictive that I can't get enough of that
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    The second half....enjoy all the action then punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

GOATS!?

No idea what you're talking about.
  2. Finished. Wow, just wow... LOVE that score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote

GOATS!?

No idea what you're talking about.

You'd have to go back a page or two.

I was misquoted too, I said I like my goat done Jamaican or Moroccan style....MMMMMMMMMMM lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Return of the King Sessions

I don't change my opinion about this trilogy, but the third one keep the interested in his 4 hours. Great melodies and some terrific choral elements...But never is particulary exiting.

A good one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Williams Spierlberg Collaboration (Boston Pop Orchestra).

IMHO, this album contains the best performance of the Raiders March!!!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Atonement-Dario Marianelli

I'm on my 4th listen to this piece and it is a good score.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Played some good scores today so far

ARSENE LUPIN | debbie wiseman

This was ages ago (it's from the library) and it's good to hear it's power again after all this time. The song is excellent too. But the hightlight is ofcourse the couple of tracks with the Lupin theme. Big, dark and epic.

PAN'S LABYRINTH | javier navarette

One year old now I think? Still a bit overrated, but not as much as the movie. Though, that lullaby is very infective and will be stuck in my precious brain for some time now.

BREAKING AND ENTERING | gabriel yared & underworld

Interesting collaboration because this is not where you would expect Underworld, to work together with a composer like Yared. Very moody score, like one long track, creating an atmosphere that goes from creepy to quite positive. Not a score to follow closely but more as a background listen. I thought last track (13 minutes) would have more effect, sort of a climax, but I guess it makes more sense in the movie.

ELIZABETH - THE GOLDEN AGE | craig armstrong & a.r. rahman

Listening to it again, when anticipation clearly has reached freezing point, it's not that bad as I remember. Some excellent cuesin here, obviously the opening, but also the horseriding tracks and the last couple before the grand Closing. But there's till te feeling that it could have been more.

300 | tyler bates

Naaa, just kidding. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: Steve Jablonsky - Transformers (Official Score Release)

SWEET! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Rescue Dawn - Klaus Badelt

Just going over some of my favorite scores for 2007... not many of them... 13 only... and trying to figure out which ones to keep in the Top 10 and which ones to leave out. I recently responded to a thread at MMUK where I posted my Top 10 of the year and I left this score off the list. I've re-listening to it now and I think I might have to put it back on. Easily one of Badelt's finest efforts.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : CHINATOWN - Jerry Goldsmith

Classic score and film, excellent! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Bregt wrote
    Played some good scores today so far

ARSENE LUPIN | debbie wiseman

This was ages ago (it's from the library) and it's good to hear it's power again after all this time. The song is excellent too. But the hightlight is ofcourse the couple of tracks with the Lupin theme. Big, dark and epic.

biggrin

Fantastic main theme in that score! I guess we'll not be hearing another score like this from Wiseman in the near future.

NP: 'Chairman's Waltz' from MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA (John Williams)

Wonderful European waltz. I love a good waltz.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:SpiderWick Chronicles

Listen the "closing credits" makes me feel like when I was young and I use to listen Willor or Land Before time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Rescue Dawn - Klaus Badelt

Just going over some of my favorite scores for 2007... not many of them... 13 only... and trying to figure out which ones to keep in the Top 10 and which ones to leave out. I recently responded to a thread at MMUK where I posted my Top 10 of the year and I left this score off the list. I've re-listening to it now and I think I might have to put it back on. Easily one of Badelt's finest efforts.

-Erik-

Indeed, totally agree!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Lost Horizon-Dimitri Tiomkin

I'm listening to the Gerhardt/National Philharmonic recording.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : CHINATOWN - Jerry Goldsmith

Classic score and film, excellent! cool

I thought I'd follow that with it's "sister" score...

NP : L.A. CONFIDENTIAL - Jerry Goldsmith

Not the classic that Chinatown is but still a very good score, the film is excellent.