• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorPat
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2008
    NP: Arsène Lupin — Debbie Wiseman

Appropriate music to chill out during my break. I guess the main theme guests its best rendition in Clarisse & Arsène, soft cue just the way I like it, à la Wine With Stacey in A View To A Kill. smile
  1. NP: Selected works from Christopher Gordon (Milk, Sydney: Story of a City, Much Ado About Something, Bass Trombone Concerto, Baba's Birthday)

Looking forward to a new Gordon score this year - The Daybreakers, and after that, Mao's Last Dancer.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008
    NP: An Almost Perfect Affair-George Delerue.

I bought this in 1979 in the LP format, transferred it to tape and then to CD rarely if ever giving it more than a casual listen. It is one that I have never ever connected with.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: Fahrenheit 451 & Walking Distance - Bernard Herrmann (Tribute Film Classics release)

This is good! This is very, very good! cool cool cool cool cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2008 edited
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Poltergeist (Goldsmith)

I have to be the only person in the world who can't enjoy this score.

Yeah, you are.

But he WILL enjoy it! spin

How anyone can't appreciate this magnificent score after having watched the equally magnificent film is a seriously confused individual, so let's hope this is not the case! biggrin

'Rebirth' is one of Goldsmith's most powerful cues!

punk

Well..Rebirth is an impressive cue, but his influence from Star Trek is too heavy.

The reason why i don't enjoy very much poltergeist is because i don't like the main theme, and because the dissonant stuff is too close to goldsmith 70's scores, like Alien.

NP:ID4 Complete

Today I wake up with hungry of Arnold.

The Heroic fanfarre is not my coup of tea, that's why I prefer Stargate over ID4, but the action stuff and the secondary motifs are just ... punk

Lift off-Mothership-Rebellion beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, and I saw it performed live by the LSO with Arnold introducing it. Suck on that. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    NP: Trevor Rabin - National Treasure 2 punk punk punk punk punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, and I saw it performed live by the LSO with Arnold introducing it. Suck on that. biggrin

We want to hear of your experience smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Because of Ralph and flipping Umbrella songs I'm now having to do another exorcism...

NP : THE PERFECT STORM - James Horner

Ahhhhh better....much much better! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I agree.

I never said Umbrella was better than listening to scores. biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I agree.

I never said Umbrella was better than listening to scores. biggrin

It was just the mention of the song, all that was needed to get that horrible lyric going over and over which has been totally blotted out by Coast Guard Rescue so for that, I thank you! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

We want to hear of your experience smile

It was just.... awesome.

At 6:15, there was an answer and question session with Doyle and Arnold, both seeming very much at ease with a relatively large audience. Doyle has a great personality, very cheerful and down-to-earth. Arnold is very much down-to-earth as well, and very dry. Two really good personalities in the film music world.

The concert itself was amazing (and I'm able to judge fairly well since I've been to a few now). The only bad thing about it was their rendition of My Heart Will Go On... they could have picked better themes from Titanic. (The drum kit also cheapened teh whole thing.) But yeah, apart from that it was a true 5 star effort. Both from orchestra and conductor (who's name escapes me).

They did play the usual suspects like Star Wars, Dances With Wolves, Indy etc.. But what I really went to see/hear was Independence Day and Frankenstein. Holy mother of crap! It was pitch-perfect, I was worried that they were going to mess it up like McNeely did with the RSNO, but no! It was perfect. (Though I was mentally adding in the choir in at the end, unfortunately there's not enough space in the Barbican it would seem.)

Doyle and Arnold are GODS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Godzilla - David Arnold

Perfect from start to finish.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yeah, it is. And I forgot to bring my f*cking CD booklet for him to sign! slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

wave <---that's a slap!

Steven,

I'm surprised you mentioned about a lack of choir? When I saw Morricone at the Barbican the choir was 100 persons plus!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, it certainly would have added that extra punch to ID4. But it's a VERY minor gripe from what was an amazing experience!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Spellbound-Rozsa

This is one of those scores that is somewhat under appreciated in the community but was recognized with an Oscar in Hollywood
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

That sucks, dude!

BTW, "Godzilla O Park / Godzilla Takes A Dive / Godzilla Versus The Submarine / Egg Discovery" - Oh good God! Thank the heavens for complete soundtrack releases!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Arsène Lupin (Debbie Wiseman)

shocked shocked

Why did I miss this one ´til now? confused
    It´s amazing!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote

shocked shocked

It´s amazing!

Yupper! An outstanding action score. It took me a while to appreciate the main theme though.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WAR OF THE WORLDS - John Williams

Just had to play this today after hearing a snippet during 'The Best of Top Gear' yesterday.

And to those who DON'T like this score moon

......and thiose who DO beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    NP : WAR OF THE WORLDS - John Williams
    ......and thiose who DO beer

beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote

shocked shocked

It´s amazing!

Yupper! An outstanding action score. It took me a while to appreciate the main theme though.

-Erik-

I´m still in my first listen, but I I´m loving it! It has all I want in an adventure / action score and more, wow, my first discovery of the year. And the performance is great, powerful and energic, sweet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Williams' War Of The Worlds:

vomit
    kill
    sleep
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote

vomit
    kill
    sleep

No beer... errrr... wine for you!

-Erik-
  3. Now playing: Requiem for a Dream

I think its about time too wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote

vomit
    kill
    sleep

No beer... errrr... wine for you!

-Erik-

He can have this though.... moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote

vomit
    kill
    sleep

Agree.....zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzZZz
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Martijn wrote

vomit
    kill
    sleep

Agree.....zzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzZZz

How can you guys sleep through the incredible TIMPANI writing in that wonderful score?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Agree with the above. WAR OF THE WORLDS is a friggin' awesome dark beast!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.