• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    Varese Sarabande just announced the released of the hugely awaited score CD from LOST's third season, music by Michael Giacchino and it's a double CD! More info follows:

LOST: Season 3
    Original Television Soundtrack

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino

Matthew Fox
    Evangeline Lilly

Meet … The Others! Season Three of the blockbuster series LOST got of to a mysterious start and worked up a tremendous amount of excitement before unveiling one of the most jaw-dropping moments in recent television history to close its thrilling season finale.

LOST fans have been going crazy waiting for this Season 3 soundtrack. And here it is! Finally! And this one is special. Composer Michael Giacchino composed some of his most complex and captivating music for LOST’s third season. The season contained so many highlights that we couldn’t squeeze them all onto a single CD! So here’s our own LOST surprise … Disc One of this Season 3 soundtrack contains the best music from the season up to the two-hour finale. Disc Two features the complete original score from the two-part finale episode Through The Looking Glass.

No fan of LOST will be able to do without this one! Michael Giacchino’s music for LOST has consistently ranked among the medium’s very best and for the third season he was really able to let loose. His music is moving, compelling, more than a little tense, mysterious and heartbreakingly beautiful.

LOST Season 3 is the soundtrack everyone has been waiting for and now we offer more than could have even be hoped for. 2 CDs for little more than a single!

The Season Three DVD is already a best-seller. Now, just in time for the thrilling final arc of Season 4 episodes comes this third volume to our hugely successful series of LOST soundtracks!

Catalog #: 302 066 892 2
    Release Date: 04/29/08

-----
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I cannot even begin putting it in plain words and telling you how friggin excited i am!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    SING HALLELUJAH!!! YEAH! punk

...and 2CDs? Awesome!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    OH-MY GOD!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    i am SO buying it right now!!!! Where are the preorders!?!?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Where? Where? Where?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    If anyone sees a preorder page from one of the verified sellers around, you know what to do! angelic
  1. Thank God! Now only 3 more seasons/years worth of Demetris complaining that LOST music hasn't been released. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And me. angelic
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thank God! Now only 3 more seasons/years worth of Demetris complaining that LOST music hasn't been released. wink

GodBless VARESE for that!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Now I want a track list!

Stuff this Ratatouille expanded...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm sorry, but it still hasn't sunk in yet.

OH-MY-GOD! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    2 cd's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD EXISTS! and TOWSON and GIACCHINO TOO!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Meh.

Still waiting for the I Dream Of Jeannie 8-CD box set.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't remember ANY music from the season 3 finale, apart from a certain characters death and the final scene. (there you go Martjin wink )

What else do I need to look forward to? (I can't remember anything, and I sound like a fool for asking!) The first 8 episodes of season 3 had the best score IMO. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Right, whare are people's hopes for the CD?

- Sawyer escapes from the cage (first or second episode)
    - Jack gets out of the shark tank (episode four or five)
    - Locke's weird hallucination scene at the airport (episode 3?)
    - Jack and Juilet on that boat
    - The variation on the U-boat theme
    - Sub theme (duh)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    *sigh*... slant

Right. Adjusting the thread title.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But how is it still a spoiler? It aired ages ago! Spoilers should be classed as UPCOMING EPISODES that people haven't had the chance to see. dizzy

In our current state, anything that mentions a plot point is marked as being a spoiler (yeah, technically it is, but people have had ages to see it). rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    But how is it still a spoiler? It aired ages ago!

Maybe in YOUR neck of the woods, old boy.
    Films pretty much have a global simultaneous release these days.
    Not so for TV series.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    When Bregt get's back, I'm gonna ask him if he can create the ''invisible text'' effect so we can keep spoilers out of sight until highlighted. At the moment it's gay having to label every topic where we discuss a movie or TV show with ''omgz spoilerz alertz!!1!''. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hmmmm, not a bad idea!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmmm, not a bad idea!

And there, now only ''a certain character'' dies. tongue Also, may I reccomend you change it to ''serious season 3 spoiler'' as not to discourage people watching season 4 from coming in and seeing the news! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    [spoiler]Can't: not enough characters left in the line. smile[/spoiler]

[invisible](Just testing the forums hidden options. Bregt has this tendency of implementing unheralded feautures... wink ) [/invisible]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Damn.
    No luck.
    angry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Put ''S3 spoilers'' opposed to ''serious spoilers''. wink

Bregt's hidden features are great. The smilie hunt was great fun! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erm, you did notice that Lost Season 3 is quite prominently mentioned in the first three words of the thread title?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, but Spoilers + Lost = New episode assumptions

I'm just saying as if I saw ''Lost season 3 release - spoilers!'', I might have thought people had moved onto talking about next weeks episode etc...

Whatever. dizzy

===========================================================================

Demetris, what was your reaction when you saw this was getting released?

I was just about to make my first call of the day at the office when I logged onto the forums and saw the topic. I went straight to the Varese site for more info (ok, there was none), and then just saw the release for P.S., I Love You. I swear I came close to fainting (no, seriously). That was...strange. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    :sigh: Did we really need spoilers in this thread as well?

Anyway, My first reaction? Well, i was just trying to wake up, slowly walking toward the (switched on from the evening before) PC with my huge cup of hot coffee on hands, sitting down, switching the monitor on, playing MICHAEL GIACCHINO's LOST VIA DOMUS and starting my routine visit to maintitles, mail.yahoo.com, outlook express, worlds news and stuff like that i always do in the morning.

When i saw the new titles by Varese thread, i HONESTLY thought to myself 'here we go again, another load of Atli's Vantage point-like crap only to slowly read about P.S. I LOVE YOU (surprise no.1) and LOST SEASON 3, i really felt a rapid itching of burning excitement in my chest; second reaction - no kidding - was to check the date 'cause i really thought it was an April fools day joke and i was starting to get really pissed off even before i checked the date; when i finally did that, I saw it wasn't even near April fools day and then it was (and still is to a point 'cause it hasn't sat with me entirely yet) a huge load of silly excitement and silent (too sleepy to be loud) "wooo-hhoooooo's" for a couple of hours.

I haven't felt as childishly happy, excited and silly for ages, really. But now it is slowly beginning to turn into agony for the preorders and it IS a long way 'till it's released, it's going to kill me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Just wanna say...

TOLD YA THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

Patience... wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    ...And I thought only Jordi could be so exceptionally crazy about something. dizzy