• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    A 2-CD release?!? Wow.

I know with the amount of score Giacchino composes for each score that having every bit of music from each episode would be impossible (both cost-wise and production-wise), but I'm very surprised to see a 2-CD release for a season's worth of music.

But I just really don't see the excitement of the two previous soundtrack releases... sure the music is nice, but I wouldn't call it exemplerary. I think Giacchino does much better when he's given more time and money for his theatrical films.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    Lost's scores are minimal, aggressive, raw and extremely passionate, touching and melodic in places and it's all done through admirable simplicity (Theme and motific-wise) combined with complex and dense arrangements (the dark suspense / action cues) into fully effective and captivating music that doesn't just accompany but tremendously enhance an otherwise excellent tv-show. I don't think that Lost ever needed more than it's already getting which is - imo - tv scoring at its best. More choirs or fuller orchestral sound would completely blow it imo; as it is, it's the musical language of the island and i wouldn't change a single element about it, all 4 seasons so far smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's the amazing thing about Lost - it's really, really simple, but it's really, really complex at the same time.

While I must say I enjoy things like The Incredibles and Ratatouille (they have a nicer flavour to them), Giacchino's level of raw music in Lost, MI3 and his more recent game scores is incredibly interesting and refreshing.

We MUST start a thread listing all the themes in Lost as there are so many I've lost track. Watching season 1 again, I've noticed Charlie's theme a whole lot more and I've only just discovered Sun and Jin's (I assume everyone has their own theme?). I haven't found one for Claire, Michael/Walt, Libby, Anna, Eko though. Do they have themes?
  1. Timmer wrote
    Giacchino's music for the show has grown on me and I really like it but I really can't work up a feaverish sweat over this upcoming release? confused

Me neither. I'm much more looking forward to receiving the 3-CD release of Edwin Astley's music for Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). I can't imagine that generating much enthusiasm from many people...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Giacchino's music for the show has grown on me and I really like it but I really can't work up a feaverish sweat over this upcoming release? confused

Me neither. I'm much more looking forward to receiving the 3-CD release of Edwin Astley's music for Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). I can't imagine that generating much enthusiasm from many people...

Well, you can count me in. I love Astley's music.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    This cue had better be on this: http://www.divshare.com/download/3563659-928 punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh, and everyone wants this: http://www.divshare.com/download/3563881-19e wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Oh, and everyone wants this: http://www.divshare.com/download/3563881-19e wink

this is the submarine theme! punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The quieter string build up really annoys me now. I wish it went straight into the full blown crecendo. You think it's coming first time around but you have to wait a few seconds. rolleyes biggrin

It would be mistake of the century if that was missed off the album though.

Erik, I don't suppose you have a track listing or anything?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    There's still a Month and a half to go guys.....calm down! rolleyes

Maybe I'll book a holiday for when it comes out......

So I can disappear from this board for a few weeks. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, today's been a crazy day. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Yeah, today's been a crazy day. dizzy

Yeah, kinda crazy happiness day smile

Anthony wrote
    This cue had better be on this: http://www.divshare.com/download/3563659-928
    Oh, and everyone wants this: http://www.divshare.com/download/3563881-19e

Can´t finish the day without a big WOW! Those two HAVE TO BE in the album.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    YES, YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,!!!!!!!!!!!

sd smile

Oh and did I say, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    moonie wrote
    YES, YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,!!!!!!!!!!!

sd smile

Oh and did I say, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No?

Morning all. wave
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I can't remember ANY music from the season 3 finale, apart from a certain characters death and the final scene. (there you go Martjin wink )

What else do I need to look forward to? (I can't remember anything, and I sound like a fool for asking!) The first 8 episodes of season 3 had the best score IMO. dizzy

The theme heard in Hollywood And Vines from season 1's release is used several times in the finale. I really loved that music. It was heard once in season 2 when they were carrying the stretcher, but not on the CD release. It seems sort of like a theme for traveling because people are always traveling when it is heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Wow, how did I miss this post?!

:dancing the conga:

We need this smiley soon beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Aww, I thought we'd got a tracklisting. sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    It's been shipped!!!!! cool biggrin punk beer
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    D (or anyone for that matter), have Colosseum sent you a shipping email?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008 edited
    Anthony wrote
    It's been shipped!!!!! cool biggrin punk beer

FROM COLOSSEUM?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, not yet.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And yes to your question. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yup, here too! cheesy

Although, I guess it'll only arrive by Monday next week. slant
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've ordered some stuff from LaLa Land too. That was shipped last week and it's still not here (but it is coming from America). Hopefully stuff from Germany will come quicker. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDom
    Anthony wrote
    Hopefully stuff from Germany will come quicker. cool

Be prepared that your stuff will need a little bit longer because there were sporadical strikes by the postal service here in Germany.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008 edited
    I'm sure it's old, but it's the first time I really notice it; do we really need such profanity in a thread title, which is even used for something positive? (a serious question, so please, no 'yes, we do' awnsers wink).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    I'm sure it's old, but it's the first time I really notice it; do we really need such profanity in a thread title, which is even used for something positive? (a serious question, so please, no 'yes, we do' awnsers wink).

Depends if anyone is offended? Personally I didn't even take note until you brought this up but regardlessly, I'm not offended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Timmer wrote
    Depends if anyone is offended? Personally I didn't even take note until you brought this up but regardlessly, I'm not offended.

Well, I don't know if I'd use the word 'offended', it just seems blatantly and totally unnecissary, and, uhm... well, yeah, I'm offended smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Well, I don't know if I'd use the word 'offended', it just seems blatantly and totally unnecissary, and, uhm... well, yeah, I'm offended smile

bloody hell wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote

Only on this occasion. tongue