• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...i really thought it was an April fools day joke and i was starting to get really pissed off even before i checked the date; when i finally did that, I saw it wasn't even near April fools day...

Oh man, you thought that too! biggrin wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    shocked
    Two cd´s with music of season three?! AMAZING!!

Anthony wrote
    Right, whare are people's hopes for the CD?

- Sawyer escapes from the cage (first or second episode)
    - Jack gets out of the shark tank (episode four or five)
    - Locke's weird hallucination scene at the airport (episode 3?)
    - Jack and Juilet on that boat
    - The variation on the U-boat theme
    - Sub theme (duh)

With two cd´s, I´m afraid all the important music (like the cues you mention) are going to be there!

The next weeks are gonna be interesting:
    -STOP-LOSS (25-3-2008)
    -HORTON HEARS A WHO! (25-3-2008)
    -P.S. I LOVE YOU (22-4-2008)
    - LOST: Season 3 (29-4-2008)

Three Powells and a big Giacchino! Fuck yeah! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    Hopefully it all will be. 2 discs is fine (when I first saw that I thought ''great, EVERYTHING we want will be on it''.) Then I considered that one of the discs will be devoted to one (well, two) episodes. A complete listen will be VERY interesting. I still hope everything we want will be on it (especially the sub theme and Locke's hallucination - that's got to be one of the most interesting percussion cues I've ever heard).

I wonder what the ''World's Worst _______'' cue will be?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am not complaining. 2 Discs is way more than whatever i could have dreamt of in my wildest dreams about season 3 getting a cd release, especially at this point where - after some failed attempts (Anthony knows what were those), i was almost convinced that there wasn't going to be such a CD release! Now i am getting 2 Cd's??! Totally, utterly, completely sold!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I think I was totally, utterly, completely sold when I just read ''Lost Season 3 (Giacchino) finally getting the goddam CD...''. tongue

I think one of the best things about Giacchino scores is waiting to see what the track titles will be (let alone what the tracks actually are). They usually have so many plays on words or some really clever paradox titles. I can't wait!

I say we should get ''World's Worst Plajurism'' for the MOH cue. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    I am not complaining. 2 Discs is way more than whatever i could have dreamt of in my wildest dreams about season 3 getting a cd release, especially at this point where - after some failed attempts (Anthony knows what were those), i was almost convinced that there wasn't going to be such a CD release! Now i am getting 2 Cd's??! Totally, utterly, completely sold!

DON'T YOU GUYS TRUST ME.

Like I said earlier... I told ya this was going to happen.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You said something was in the works but that was a while ago. tongue

Yay for Erik though! kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

Was I wrong? tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Was I wrong? tongue

-Erik-

Wow, you knew it and didn´t tell a thing. Few people are capable of that, knowing how anxious Demetris and Anthony (and many many more) were about it.
    beer for Erik then smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Was I wrong? tongue

-Erik-

Wow, you knew it and didn´t tell a thing. Few people are capable of that, knowing how anxious Demetris and Anthony (and many many more) were about it.
    beer for Erik then smile

Yeah me! wink

I dropped subtle hints here and there.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Meh.

Still waiting for the I Dream Of Jeannie 8-CD box set.

"sigh"

We can only but dream of such greatness sad wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Was I wrong? tongue

-Erik-

I kill you! kill

Much love.

love

Anthony

I've got a few things that I've got to keep tight lipped, and it's very hard! pang

P.S., What were the hints, Erik? I'd given up all hope. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah me! wink

-Erik-

You were TOO subtle then biggrin
    I didnt get them anyway shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Does being obsessed with the show help with being obsessed with the music?

Giacchino's music for the show has grown on me and I really like it but I really can't work up a feaverish sweat over this upcoming release? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Yeah me! wink

-Erik-

You were TOO subtle then biggrin
    At least I didnt ge them shame

There was probably a big, elaborate code. The third capital letter in each new topic Erik created eventually spelt out ''Lost season 3 = CD.''
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, Erik was right indeed. I guess through my utter and unstoppable excitement i was eagerly awaiting for news right here and right now and i was constantly being letdown each and every day that passed without anything specific being announced; until now wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Does being obsessed with the show help with being obsessed with the music?

I purchased the season 1 soundtrack before I'd even seen the show. I really couldn't get into it. ''The Eyeland'', ''World's Worst Beach Party'', ''Run Like, Um...Hell'', ''Hollywood And Vines'' and ''I've got A Plane To Catch'' were the only cues I really enjoyed. Until I'd seen the show, the dramatic cues actually bored me. shocked But now I've seen it, ''Oceanic 815'' and ''Parting Words'' are simply amazing! biggrin

I wish we'd get some more of the ambient stuff released (the mysterious string music, the clever use of harps), all the freaky music he does for the show. Now that I love! love
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, I did say a long time ago that something was in the works and that it was going to happen but you all needed to have some PATIENCE.

Just like you all need to have PATIENCE when it comes down to ROAR! wink

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, I did say a long time ago that something was in the works and that it was going to happen but you all needed to have some PATIENCE.

-Erik-

Is that a hint? tongue

Changing the subject though. Erik, do you know what happenned to ''The Halftrack Chase'' from MOH Frontline? There is no level in the game that this is in (and there's nothing even remotely close to a halftrack chase in the game). This cue was however used in MOH Allied Assault Spearhead. Do you know if this cue was composed for Frontline and cut or actually composed for Spearhead in the first place (considering it is used in a halftrack chase level in Spearhead)? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Is that a hint? tongue

Changing the subject though. Erik, do you know what happenned to ''The Halftrack Chase'' from MOH Frontline? There is no level in the game that this is in (and there's nothing even remotely close to a halftrack chase in the game). This cue was however used in MOH Allied Assault Spearhead. Do you know if this cue was composed for Frontline and cut or actually composed for Spearhead in the first place (considering it is used in a halftrack chase level in Spearhead)? confused

As far as I know it was composed for Frontline. Michael didn't write ANY music specifically for Spearhead. I haven't played the game so I have no idea about the cut scene.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, it's in a level in Spearhead where you are in a halftrack trying to escape from a forest. The cue fits the level perfectly. If it was cut from Frontline, then Spearhead is the only MOH game where it is used! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, this is all the liner notes had to say about the subject.

http://www.dillusions.net/giacchino/moh … knotes.gif

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Cool! I really want a copy of Frontline on CD. It's so hard to find though. sad

I think the level probably was cut and the cue was just inserted to a similar level in Spearhead.

Come to think of it, that must have happenned, as Spearhead came out nearly a year after Frontline. rolleyes
  1. Wow, well this is the best news in ages, and 2 CD's, I'm guessing Varese is gonna have a bestseller here. Bring it on yeah punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Wow, well this is the best news in ages, and 2 CD's, I'm guessing Varese is gonna have a bestseller here. Bring it on yeah punk

Maybe... but I heard that the first two didn't do so well. I'll try and confirm that.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    They claim the Lost CDs are ''best sellers'', but I thought they were complaining they didn't sell very well before??? dizzy
  2. Anthony wrote
    They claim the Lost CDs are ''best sellers'', but I thought they were complaining they didn't sell very well before??? dizzy

strange considering the hype that is still Lost, well at least that means there's one for me wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd be interested to see if Lost fans, and Lost fans alone (not score fans) actually buy the soundtracks. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I'd be interested to see if Lost fans, and Lost fans alone (not score fans) actually buy the soundtracks. cool

I think that's what Varese hopes will happen.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But has it already? I know I have both, but that's not exactly a surprise. Don't Varese produce on average about 5000-7000 CDs per release? I'd be really interested to see which ones sold the most!