• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2008
    I'm very interested to see what "The Island" track will be. It's going to be from 4.03 (where Locke goes after the polar bear). I think it will be either one of two cues - I hope it's the weird airport scene with Locke and Boone, but it could also be from a slightly earlier scene where Locke is trying to get Charlie to understand what he is trying to do. *fingers crossed*
  1. 3.04 you mean?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008 edited
    On the TITLE OF THE THREAD being offending to some - comments i've seen on the last page.

I am sorry, but why the hell would this bother and / or offend you? I don't see anyone being offended by the last 2 pages of the indiana jones thread now, do i? (NOTE: i am not offended by that of course and DO bring the actual score in 'cause it's going to ROCK for sure, but i am bringing it up for the sake of a parallel example of equal excitement on a score).

Don't like Giacchino? YOUR LOSS. Nothing to see here, move along. wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2008
    I changed the title. Bob had other reasons of course. wink
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    3.04 you mean?

No, I mean 3.03. wink
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Bregt wrote
    I changed the title. Bob had other reasons of course. wink

This is not because I want to urge profanity, but I'm curious. Just what was the supposedly offending thread title before you changed it, Bregt?
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's not as half as good sounding as it was. cry
    • CommentAuthorMogens
    Anthony wrote
    It's not as half as good sounding as it was. cry

Well... what was it then?! Come on, somebody. I'm curious here smile
    Luminous beings are we.. Not this crude matter.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    it jut said 'goddam' and the whole word was making the title too long anyway, moving a part to a second line, messing a bit up the layout.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Demetris had to express his emotional anger and happiness though. sad

Now you've stripped it from him! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Christodoulides wrote
    On the TITLE OF THE THREAD being offending to some - comments i've seen on the last page.

I am sorry, but why the hell would this bother and / or offend you? I don't see anyone being offended by the last 2 pages of the indiana jones thread now, do i? (NOTE: i am not offended by that of course and DO bring the actual score in 'cause it's going to ROCK for sure, but i am bringing it up for the sake of a parallel example of equal excitement on a score).

Don't like Giacchino? YOUR LOSS. Nothing to see here, move along. wink

Huh? I don't get this... confused That's got nothing to do with it! I meant; why use the word 'goddamn' in a title of a thread? I don't care how excited you guys are, I love how excited you are. But why use the word 'goddamn'? confused You being a christian as well, I thought you'd understand, and otherwise I'd think you're a bit hipocritical?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Stop increasing my hopes of actually talking about the score by arguing about the name. Call it ''Lost season 3 sucks'' for all I care! tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    This is about the most ridiculous discussion I have ever seen on MT...and there's been quite a few ridiculous discussions... cool
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Scribe wrote
    This is about the most ridiculous discussion I have ever seen on MT...and there's been quite a few ridiculous discussions... cool

What, and when Falkirk said the use of the word 'fuck' within a post was a bit unnecissary, it was alright, but the little comment from me was 'ridiculous' and what not more? confused Y'know, just forget it, you could've said something about the score, instead of commenting on this.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    BobdH wrote
    ...the use of the word 'fuck' within a post was a bit unnecissary...

Don't look at my first post in this thread then. biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    BobdH wrote
    Scribe wrote

What, and when Falkirk said the use of the word 'fuck' within a post was a bit unnecissary, it was alright, but the little comment from me was 'ridiculous' and what not more? confused Y'know, just forget it, you could've said something about the score, instead of commenting on this.

I think there should be a new feature on the board...when you post something there should be a box called "On-topic" and you only check it if your post is actually about the topic. Then there's an option in your profile to see ALL the comments or only the ones marked "on-topic."

I would say something about the score, but I don't have it yet! sad
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Scribe wrote

I think there should be a new feature on the board...when you post something there should be a box called "On-topic" and you only check it if your post is actually about the topic. Then there's an option in your profile to see ALL the comments or only the ones marked "on-topic."

Now that is a cool idea! Bregt, take note! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    That's a cool idea indeed. But perhaps not so easy to make.
    Permalinks, post count, crazy!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    There's a few more samples at LastFM:

http://www.last.fm/music/Michael+Giacch … t+Season+3
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Well, I never say cuss words, so I respect people who similarly try to avoid them. But now lets fast forward. Do you think the release of Lost Season 3 gives Lost Season 4 a better likelihood of a release?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited
    Panthera wrote
    Do you think the release of Lost Season 3 gives Lost Season 4 a better likelihood of a release?

Well, it certainly shows that Varese Sarabande is doing it's best for these releases, and since they're doing every season up until now, even putting a lot of effort in the latest (this being a 2-disc might be the reason for the delay), I'd say you can be sure of it that they will release all the seasons onwards from now (unless this 2-disc becomes a huge flop, but I think that's hugely unlikely smile ).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    While I'll welcome any release of Lost, I don't think there's enough material in season 4 (the shortest season so far) to warrant an entire release. Perhaps they could do a ''more music from'' kind of thing, or perhaps there is enough music that I simply haven't noticed. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    You being a christian as well, I thought you'd understand, and otherwise I'd think you're a bit hipocritical?

Ah, sorry mate, my mind never went to this kind of thing, i guessed it had something to do with what i wrote about Giacchino and the excitement over 'Lost' and stuff.

I now see it, it's good that Bregt changed it as it never crossed my mind that it would offend someone. Sorry about that!

Cheers,
    D

------------ end of this matter ---------------

On the LOST SEASON 3 CD:

Last night i had to e-mail Colosseum after i seen that all of you people received your LOST SEASON 3 CDs and i haven't and i was quite frustrated to find out that while they had some problems with my credit card (they did in the pass, i don't know why they don't like the specific card so i had to use another one), still they did nothing, they didn't e-mail me about it and just waited for me to get to them in order to reply. When they received my e-mail they DID e-mail back fast enough telling me there was a problem with the credit card so this is why they didn't send out my order, despite my CD sitting on their office (argggghhhhhh i want it!) but when i replied back, i didn't get an e-mail yet and i am frustrated.

I.want.My.CD!

- Out -
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    You should have used the Snakes On A Plane quote:

''LOST SEASON 3 (Giacchino) finally getting the mother f***ing CD release on a mother f***ing 2 CD set!''

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    While I'll welcome any release of Lost, I don't think there's enough material in season 4 (the shortest season so far) to warrant an entire release. Perhaps they could do a ''more music from'' kind of thing, or perhaps there is enough music that I simply haven't noticed. smile

True. Despite how bad i'd eventually want to get a LOST SEASON 4 CD release on my hands one day, still i find SEASON 4 (so far) being the weakest musically speaking and unless something way big happens in the final 3-part episodes of the season (again, musically speaking) then i don't see how the material presented so far could warrant a season 4-cd release.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Dom seems to be the only person with it. I'm still waiting. cry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    i find SEASON 4 (so far) being the weakest musically speaking

I agree (which is kind of odd considering I'm nuts about Lost). Is it because season 3 was so good? Is it because there hasn't been much room for Giacchino so showcase music (there was the freighter intro, but that's about it)?

I think it's the latter. Speaking of which, we haven't had any of the montages that go with nothing but the music. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I think it's the latter. Speaking of which, we haven't had any of the montages that go with nothing but the music. sad

Same here. I am hoping that the - reputed - intense and emotionally charged marathon of a finale for the season 4 will actually carry some equally colored musical material as well.

As for the lack of those montages, I MISS THEM AS HELL!

Where's the HURLEY'S HANDOUTS and ROSE AND BERNARD or JACK LEAVES THE ISLAND WITH THE OTHERS ON A BOAT king of brilliance?!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    JACK LEAVES THE ISLAND WITH THE OTHERS ON A BOAT

Oh yeah, I forgot about this cue. Dom, is it on this? confused
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I swear I'm getting withdrawl symptoms with this score. I'm just sitting in the office doing work, and I get sudden urges to listen to it, even though my copy hasn't come!cry

I'm an addict!