• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    James Southall.
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I've heard reports that James Southall has confirmed that there will be a double disc re-release of a previously released double disc release of John Williams' score for THE FURY. Can anyone confirm this confirmation? And who will confirm for them?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can confirm that it's so true I was able to blink my eyes so rapidly I sank back to the future and was able to post here before anyone else.

...and may I be the first to congratulate Mr Southall without whom this asteroid created time anomaly would not have been possible.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2013 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've heard reports that James Southall has confirmed that there will be a double disc re-release of a previously released double disc release of John Williams' score for THE FURY. Can anyone confirm this confirmation? And who will confirm for them?

I recommend looking at my post from 10 hours ago on page 97.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Some additions posted at FSM:

While it's not at all my style to toot my own horn, I'd also like to point out that the actual film recordings on disc 1 have been dramatically improved over the previous two-disc version. Subsequent to that I was indeed very pleasantly surprised to hear that Sony had located a great element and then mastered the original album (for disc 2) to sound far better than it ever has.

The additional minutes on this release consist of a few alternates and Williams-composed source music. Also note that the album recording bonus track that was only on the original single disc Varese release but NOT on the later 2-disc version has now been included. It's absolutely comprehensive and a huge jump in sound quality across the board.

Mike
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. I never really had any issue with the sound on the original 2-CD release. We hear a wide range in score sound quality - particularly for those people who listen to older scores.

Hopefully no one will find an even better quality version somewhere down the line.

But this new release confirms again just how badly studios treat their stuff. The paperwork, etc on their music seems almost non-existent.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Timmer wrote
    I can confirm that it's so true I was able to blink my eyes so rapidly I sank back to the future and was able to post here before anyone else.

Good one! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Chosen by JW himself eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    So frustratingly close to complete - there are only three cues missing - but at least it includes the fantastically busy 'T- Rex Chase'!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    "The Coming Storm" and "Hungry Raptor"...? HOLY SHIT! shocked These two tracks contain three of my most wanted previously unreleased Williams cues. These two tracks will be on repeat for the next little while!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I still have some hope for a physical release at least over here in Europe. Comercial downloads aren't going strong here and the i-tune offer is US only anyway.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here's hoping this is something Intrada is working on!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Does it add the cue of Dennis driving through the rain and hitting the sign for the dock?
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    No. That cue ('The Trouble with Dennis') is still AWOL, unfortunately.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shoot.

Still, T-Rex chase at last. And the cartoon. I can't remember any more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    No surprise to anyone that I'm more than satisfied with the existing release (in fact, I have a very strong connection to that particular program that I don't want to "mess up"), but it's fascinating to hear that the Mr. DNA music is being released -- if that is indeed it. I remember some rumours spinning around awhile back that this wasn't written by Williams, but by someone else. I'm glad to see that it was indeed Williams' work -- his first attempt at animated scoring, disregarding some early main title animations in the 60's.

Maybe I can download these tracks as extra curiousity 'bonus tracks' at the end of my album program. Eventually.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I want, want, want! but unfortunately can't have because I'm in the UK, does any technoboffin know of any loop hole or way for me to buy this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013 edited
    John Chambers wrote
    I want, want, want! but unfortunately can't have because I'm in the UK, does any technoboffin know of any loop hole or way for me to buy this?

This geographic discrimination is very annoying.

The music industry complains about illegal downloading but are quite happy to do things that seem to encourage it; restricting access to buying legitimately by geography.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    John Chambers wrote
    I want, want, want! but unfortunately can't have because I'm in the UK, does any technoboffin know of any loop hole or way for me to buy this?

3rd party website > US iTunes gift card > US iTunes account with a US address > Win

Not that I've ever done that.
  6. Cool, I might try this, but can I download music from 2 different accounts to the same itunes? Sorry, I really do know nothing of such things!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think it's just a matter of time before it's made available to non-US citizens as well.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, I think so too, depends if you can be patient enough John? wink
  7. I'm usually happy to wait, well I've got much more patient in the last few years, but for some reason i just want this NOW!!! Maybe it's because it's not a physical CD but a load of ones and zeroes floating around cyberspace that could be for my listening pleasure NOW!!!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    John Chambers wrote
    Cool, I might try this, but can I download music from 2 different accounts to the same itunes? Sorry, I really do know nothing of such things!

Yes, although you will need to create a new iTunes account with a different e-mail address & US address (I think previously you could use giftcards without providing an address).

Again, I just read this somewhere...
  8. hmmm, setting up US iTunes account and have input the gift card number and used my brother's Boston address but it's insisting on credit card number, any ideas on how to get round this?
  9. And yes, I suppose this should really be in 'iTunes trials and tribulations'!
  10. Okay sorted, genius that I am I did not realise you could select 'None' in the credit card options!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I've used that trick for a month now for renting films on my Apple TV from the US iTunes score. Works great!

On topic: great to see there's new Jurassic Park music being released, as I've been hoping for years now for some sort of special treatment! However, I'm not gonna buy the whole album digitally again for these few new cues, so am desperately hoping for a physical version as well (hopefully even more expanded). Fingers crossed!