• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008
    NP: Armageddon - Trevor Rabin & Harry Gregson-Williams

A good score to play LOUDLY!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: The Golden Compass (Desplat)

As Doug Adams once said of THE GOOD GERMAN, 'one great score throws a whole year into a completely different light'.

Yeap!

NP:The Golden Compass (Desplat)

you can find something new in every listen.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JANE EYRE - John Williams

Sublime! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. NP: Dances with Wolves - John Barry

More sublime!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Dances with Wolves - John Barry

More sublime!

cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Man on FIre (HGW)

Touching stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Man on FIre (HGW)

Touching stuff.

Yep, "The End" for example is pretty impressive. I´m not the biggest fan of Lisa Gerrard (she is very intrusive usually) but this track is pretty amazing.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited
    IN THE SHADOW OF THE MOON | philip sheppard

Woooow!

Third listen in two days. Strong score. Dreamy start, taking off to some dark dramatic music, to end with a beautiful, calm finale. There's something about the strngs though, I guess some techniques that make them sound unusual and give it that extra dreamy atmosphere, together with some electronic effects. All subtle and quiet. And a fantastic main theme.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Horton Hears A Who! | John Powell

I deliberately gave this one a rest for a few days... but I gave up. I couldn't go on anymore. I just have so much fun when I listen to this!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Horton Hears A Who! | John Powell

I deliberately gave this one a rest for a few days... but I gave up. I couldn't go on anymore. I just have so much fun when I listen to this!

In all honesty, I'm done listening to it. And Stop Loss doesn't grab my attention much. Bring on Lost season 3! I can't wait! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Lost season 3? Sure, I wanna hear it, but am I particularly excited about it? Nah. Bring on Speed Racer and Star Trek!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Speed Racer is going to be interesting, but at least with Lost I roughly know what will be on it. punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Lost season 3? Sure, I wanna hear it, but am I particularly excited about it? Nah. Bring on Speed Racer and Star Trek!

Giacchino does Star Trek is what I want punk

Probably the most anticipated score for me along with Williams new one for......what's it's name again? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Probably the most anticipated score for me along with Williams new one for......what's it's name again? wink

Didn't you hear? Williams has been replaced! shocked biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Yeah! Must check if it's on the headlines by evening or not biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Hell yeah, forgot about that. crazy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

It's really annoying, I had moderate expectations for the score. cry tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

It's really annoying, I had moderate expectations for the score. cry tongue

Yeah, I was expecting it to be a little better than Rabin's "Glimmer Man", at least cheesy spin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    biggrin wink

NP : HEAVY METAL - Elmer Bernstein

One of the all time great fantasy scores IMO, aside from a few ( LOTR excepted ) this makes the majority these days sound piss poor by comparison.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mary, Queen of Scots - John Barry

Not as spectacular as his other two historical scores composed around the same time, but still wonderful.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Mary, Queen of Scots - John Barry

Not as spectacular as his other two historical scores composed around the same time, but still wonderful.

With quite a few historical epics being released these days I'd love to hear someone of Barry's calibre doing the music. IMO Barry never did enough of these kind of films, and a genre he was perfect for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indeed. The liner notes for this put paid to the (ridiculous) notion some people have about him that he's a one-trick pony - in the same year came MQOS, The Last Valley, Walkabout and Diamonds are Forever - four radically different things!

The "Vivre et Mourir" theme in MQOS is just gorgeous. Shame there's no non-vocal version really!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THEMEPENDIUM - John Barry

Disc 2 of a 4 disc set contains some fantastic early tracks like Beat For Beatniks, Fancy Dance, The Syndicate, The Girl With The Sun In Her Hair and one of my all time favourite TV themes Orson Welles Great Mysteries, plus a few tracks I just have to skip ( stuff from 'Billy' ), a brilliant set even if I do own the majority of it on other discs.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STAR CRASH - John Barry

Blimey! I bet JOHN WILLIAMS must be kicking himself even after all these years that he didn't score this Sci-Fi classic shocked wink

Good fun, Bond like and varied score, one theme was put to better use later in his own score for Out Of Africa.
  2. Timmer wrote
    ^
    biggrin wink

One of the all time great fantasy scores IMO, aside from a few ( LOTR excepted ) this makes the majority these days sound piss poor by comparison.

Good to see that your copy arrived...eventually!!

I was listening to the FSM version against the tracks that you sent me and these boot tracks sound absolutely awful in comparison!!

As I said somewhere else, the Taarna segment is a highlight for me. As for the movie? It sounds as though it's a really wierd trip!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    ^
    biggrin wink

Good to see that your copy arrived...eventually!!

I was listening to the FSM version against the tracks that you sent me and these boot tracks sound absolutely awful in comparison!!

As I said somewhere else, the Taarna segment is a highlight for me. As for the movie? It sounds as though it's a really wierd trip!!

I've seen the film once, a long time ago, and I honestly don't remember much about it.

The FSM release is fantastic! I suggest using the boot as a coffee coaster biggrin

NP : nothing
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers-Complete Recordings~Howard Shore

And yes,finally, after a long,hard day I can sit back and relax by listening to this wonderful score without thinking about the tough days that lie ahead.Goodnight to all! smile wave
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers-Complete Recordings~Howard Shore

And yes,finally, after a long,hard day I can sit back and relax by listening to this wonderful score without thinking about the tough days that lie ahead.Goodnight to all! smile wave

Really! It is one of my top 10 scores. Almost every track in this is terrific; what a great opening track Glamdring is! The ring theme in this one gets me everytime, for some reason.
  3. NP: Original End Title cues written for films.

Some classics here. Also, interestingly enough, separated from its album the end title track of SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES is quite good.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    N.P. CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - Untraceable

Major snoozfest
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.