• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    No William, I don’t teach elementary school. I’m an English teacher. The truth is I’ve taught elementary school level students, even kindergarten level but I mostly concentrate in teenagers and adults. My first classes were all older than me and the ones who used to call me “ma'am” were 15-16 years old, like you that is. I adored them and they did too but they knew that if they messed up with me they were in trouble! biggrin
    From this Semptember I'm teaching 13 to 18 year-olds.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    No William, I don’t teach elementary school. I’m an English teacher. The truth is I’ve taught elementary school level students, even kindergarten level but I mostly concentrate in teenagers and adults. My first classes were all older than me and the ones who used to call me “ma'am” were 15-16 years old, like you that is. I adored them and they did too but they knew that if they messed up with me they were in trouble! biggrin
    From this Semptember I'm teaching 13 to 18 year-olds.

Ah, OK. Cool. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    Steven wrote
    Yeah, I agree with Stavroula. wink

To put things into perspective, Harrison Ford still managed to play Indy at 65!

And with modern medication and technology, i am sure he can pull other things off in real life too! Yay!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    Waiting for the damn Ministry of Education to announce the regions we can apply for in order to work there!There already a week late and I'm getting mad waiting and not knowing where the ^&%#$^& I'm going to spend the next years of my life!!! crazy crazy slant
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2008 edited
    I have a strange person e-mailing me regarding whether they can reference something John Powell said in an essay they're writing. They're asking me for "the source of the quote". I asked them exactly what they wanted, and they claim they need a source of where it was said or where it is written, otherwise if they use it without quoting the source, it's considered a plagiarism "WHICH IS ALSO THEFT!!!!". shocked rolleyes

Seriously, what!? Is John Powell's mouth the answer?! How am I meant to know this?! Why does it even matter?!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008 edited
    Forget this one, I wrote it late and I was annoyed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Seriously, what!? Is John Powell's mouth the answer?! How am I meant to know this?! Why does it even matter?!

If it was a university essay then I think it matters Ant coz universities are really strict about this plagiarism stuff. I mean, it's a "do it right or get expelled" situation and sometimes I get this feeling that they spend more energy in trying to find out whether an essay is plagiarized or not than anything else. I think that dude/babe was just trying to... you know, stay out of trouble.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2008 edited
    Postmen!

I remember the days when post would always arrive before I left for school. Granted when I was that young I never received anything anyway, but now I'm always buying stuff off the internet. We're lucky if the post arrives before lunchtime now, and for the past couple of days it's been delivered after 6 in the evening! Damn them, I want my CDs! cry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2008 edited
    How ridiculously hard is it to pick up an original copy of the Raiders soundtrack?! explode crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    How ridiculously hard is it to pick up an original copy of the Raiders soundtrack?! explode crazy

It's your own fault, you should have got born earler tongue wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    HOTTEST.DAY.OF.THE.YEAR crazy
    (and the forecast for the rest of the week is heat and more heat).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I love heat smile

flash ( <- massive and sudden sunstroke emoticon)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Martijn wrote
    I love heat smile

Me too, but I like it when I´m at the beach, not while I´m working!
    Anyway, I start my holidays on wednesday, so I won´t complain, at least for some weeks biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    The FSM message board, tired of the Bull Shit!!

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    The FSM message board, tired of the Bull Shit!!

sd smile

I've been tired of it for some time now Mooner, I still read it everyday but I'm not posting much at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    I still get some good information there about scores or whats going on, but no more post.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I visited FSM once. I think it was last May?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FSM?
    Those old fogies still on?

wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2008
    Steven wrote
    I visited FSM once. I think it was last May?

FSM does have some bonuses, like the fact that composers of a truly great calibre the likes of Williams, Goldsmith, Barry, Morricone etc etc will garner 100's of postings where as the likes of Zimmer and his ilk really don't generate as much interest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    I love heat smile

That's because you don't leave in Greece or Cyprus with 40 o C all day and such ridiculously high humidity it actually forms fog!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I love heat smile

That's because you don't leave in Greece or Cyprus with 40 o C all day and such ridiculously high humidity it actually forms fog!

Same here! Very high temperature combined with high humidity (without fog though) makes for a perfect HOT day...and it will go on until friday according to the forecast.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Martijn wrote
    I love heat smile

Same here! Very high temperature combined with high humidity (without fog though) makes for a perfect HOT day...and it will go on until friday according to the forecast.

A bit wet but lovely and cool here cool

As I've said before, I can't stand heat and humidity combined.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Timmer wrote
    As I've said before, I can't stand heat and humidity combined.

Me too, and sadly that's exactly how the weather is like here right now... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hot and humid is very disturbing, i am currently on four different medicines 'cause of it. Thank God i am leaving for Greece in 2 days.
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    My sinus headache.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2008
    A flu! slant
    So I feel for you too moonie!

It's a weird one. I think it started 6 weeks ago and now it's finally coming out.
    All these weeks I had only this pressure in my head and once in a while a popping feeling inside or in my ears. But that was all. Now I feel much worse but I'm hoping this will be the end of it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    A flu! slant

It's a weird one. I think it started 6 weeks ago and now it's finally coming out.
    All these weeks I had only this pressure in my head and once in a while a popping feeling inside or in my ears. But that was all. Now I feel much worse but I'm hoping this will be the end of it.

Snap!

I've been suffering sinus problems for a few weeks now and it's causing pressure headaches, the humidity really doesn't help! slant

Get good soon, all of us kiss beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I, on the other hand, feel fine.
    So I guess I must be annoying you currently? wink
    kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Timmer wrote
    Bregje wrote
    A flu! slant

Snap!

I've been suffering sinus problems for a few weeks now and it's causing pressure headaches, the humidity really doesn't help! slant

Get good soon, all of us kiss beer

Hey, that sounds pretty much the same indeed. I never had one of these so for the weeks in between (between the first signs of a cold weeks ago and now) I thought what I felt was just tension. You know, a little pressure on the temples, ears and my left jaw.

Anyway, feeling a bit better than yesterday. It's the nauseousness that makes me stay at home. Otherwise we would have gone to the Efteling yesterday, but I didn't want to take the risk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ohhhhh... love The Efteling love